What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC GAME 5 : Samoa V Tonga ---Battle of the Pacific! *spoilers*

Jono078

Referee
Solid game so far.

Did Gary Freeman just say Feleti Tomeo? :lol:

And why is Parra getting another game next week? They never get good crowds there.

Over 10,000 easy..

I don't know Penrith Stadium that well but I reckon it may just be shy of the 10,000 mark... still (as I've said on another thread) this must be the biggest crowd to ever watch a test match between these two nations and that's something to be very positive about.

Besides, I really don't think all the talk about potential crowd violence would have helped.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Would it be fair to say the Leo-Latu and the PNG hooker are the form number 9's so far in the World Cup?

definately.

Could I also give a wrap to Shane Hayne, he's had a pretty good game I reckon. Too bad whenever he checks a try we've all got time to make up a cocktail or three :lol:

Parra

Referee
This game has had it's moments - both good and frustrating. The error/fumble rate is too high. You also have a fringe reserve grader in Vagana who is really shining. The tough (humid & windy) Sydney weather can't be helping. If either side could complete sets and have a half-decent kicker they would dominate.

There is definitely some passion out there - the Samoan forwards are fired up.

This game is probably the highlight of the world cup so far.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I don't know Penrith Stadium that well but I reckon it may just be shy of the 10,000 mark... still (as I've said on another thread) this must be the biggest crowd to ever watch a test match between these two nations and that's something to be very positive about.

Besides, I really don't think all the talk about potential crowd violence would have helped.

The ground is over half full - easy! Wikipedia says the capacity of CUA is 21,000 with the record being over 22,000.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Great game simply judged on passion alone. Great speed, power and skill shown but lacks polish. Best game Ive seen so far this comp.

Mistakes are making it a little frustrating though.

Dragon

Coach
ahh Ben Roberts.... LOL

Samoa 20
Tonga 12

6 mins to go Tonga on the attack after Roberts kick out on the full

perverse

Referee
lol, this game has been so exciting i might have a bit of a mess in my pants.

sloppy, but hilarious and excellent at times. it's had everything. big hits, bizarre moments, great tries.

awesome stuff.

perverse

Referee
and also... i don't think cronulla will miss de gois too much. seu seu's had a great game tonight. his service is sublime and he can put on a big hit too. he's also very quick out of dummy half.

disappointed the knights sacked him... but he was on his last chance.