What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC GAME 5 : Samoa V Tonga ---Battle of the Pacific! *spoilers*

Dragon

Coach
well i cant be too hard on Roberts, he did some good stuff as well as bad. Mateo on the other hand, just shows how over rated he really is.

AILD

Bench
20 bucks that luaki doesnt get a caution or warning re: his kick..almost taking samau's head clean off.

perverse

Referee
well i cant be too hard on Roberts, he did some good stuff as well as bad. Mateo on the other hand, just shows how over rated he really is.
he's not a halfback. he had way too much on his plate tonight.

tongans are very poorly coached.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
What a good game...the defence was outstanding!! Sure there was a lot of dropped ball but this match was so much better than the average NRL match.

Well done to both teams!

no name

Coach
Tonga f*cked it with ill discipline. You would have thought they might have clued on after getting spanked in the penalties on Mon night.....

Exciting, passionate, open Rugby... Passionate fans... absolutely loved it!

I pity the knockers. I really do. They're missing out on a great celebration of Rugby league.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Another game of thrills and spills, brilliance, toughness but also the odd moment of stupidity.

So what happens if Ireland beats Samoa, and all teams are equal on 2 points?

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Wednesday's result: Group 3 rankings

Ireland def Samoa by 9+ points: Ireland, Tonga, Samoa
Ireland def Samoa by 6-7 points: Tonga, Ireland, Samoa
Ireland def Samoa by 3-4 points: Tonga, Samoa, Ireland
Ireland def Samoa by 1 point: Samoa, Tonga, Ireland
Draw: Samoa, Tonga, Ireland
Samoa def Irealnd: Samoa, Tonga, Ireland

Ireland def Samoa by 8 points: Ireland and Tonga equal 1st
Ireland def Samoa by 5 points: Ireland and Samoa equal 2nd
Ireland def Samoa by 2 points: Samoa and Tonga equal 1st

I hope I did my maths right.. :lol:

pcpp

Juniors
Scenario for Ireland v Samoa:

Samoa win or draw and they're into the SFQ
Ireland win by 6 points or more and they're into the SFQ
Ireland win by exactly 5 points - both teams are on the same points difference. Not sure who goes through.

Tonga cannot make the Semi-Finals on any result.

Last edited:

JB

Juniors
Lot of enthusiasm and passion, but not a lot else. Both sides could barely get to the 4th tackle without turning it over. Will get cleaned up by the big 3 imo. Lauaki is a deadset meathead. Lost his place in the Warriors through ill discipline, still hasn't learned and probably never will.

Go the pitch invasion!

Good game. Best so far in the competition.

But I couldn't help thinking how many of the players have actually ever been to Tonga or Samoa?:D