What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLW's 25 stars for sale & who is after them

northey

First Grade
the article goes on to say:

But Gidley who turns 24 next week and has already played 84 games for Newcaslte, is close to signing a new deal with the Knights worth around $200,000 a season.

in the top 25 they list Kurt and have him as staying with the knights... they also have John Morris likely to go to the Knights

Burwood

Bench
northey said:
the article goes on to say:

But Gidley who turns 24 next week and has already played 84 games for Newcaslte, is close to signing a new deal with the Knights worth around $200,000 a season.

in the top 25 they list Kurt and have him as staying with the knights... they also have John Morris likely to go to the Knights

So that means that Kidley will either be a centre, lock or bench player next year. Morris only plays 5/8 and the ocassional hooker (but Danny is an 80 minute player) so if he does come to the club it might be a sign of how our team will look next year??

Sounds like it might be an interesting read.

$200k for Kurt isnt as bad as some of the figures being bantered about, but if we sign him it would be sinful to sign John Morris, considering we already have Mullen and Tighe ready to go as well.

northey

First Grade
most of the article is about Adrian Morley... with a small section about the other teams

northey

First Grade
hahaha and... this is the description of Kurt

...have trageted classy Knights utility Kurt Gidley

northey

First Grade
haha i think we all love it!!!

no problems. i would have posted it earlier (tuesday when i got the magazine) but have been busy

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Jayell said:
Bedsy,
If we are re-signing kidley, then we need John Morris even more....
Why would be need Morris if we sign Kidley. I don't think Morris is that much better than Kidley. On this year's form anyway. And even if we do play Kidley outside of 5/8 then we have Mullen who we all want to see in 1st grade, and Tighe who can fill that position. So I can't see why we'd need him at all.

Jono078

Referee
We need a winger and a front rower (If it's Smith and Davicos last year here) imo.. So I really hope we dont pick up Morris.

macavity

Referee
snowden & tolar should step up as props hopefully

brown does the job that Morris would do

kurt to centre, carmont/tighe to wing, problem solved

unless we lose midley...

we need to pick up some promising shadow players and retain what we have. no real need to hit the market hard unless we lose some of our stars.

Bicey_18

Bench
Morris is better than Brown imo....

John has that utililty value off the bench to cover the backs.....

We have looked pretty vulnerable without Bedsy...Riley isnt a Dummy half, but Morris is and is a pretty good one at that, Would prove to be handy pickup if cheap

northey

First Grade
i don't rate morris and haven't since he went to parra, not because he left us, he just didn't impress me

roopy

Referee
Brian Smith loves to have utility players who can fill different roles depending on the game plan he has in mind.
He will find a 'job' for both Morris and Kidley if it comes to that.
Buderus is an 80 minute player now, but that could well change under Smith. We might see Bedsy giving much more for 60 minutes, and someone else coming on as an impact player.

Roy

Juniors
roopy said:
Brian Smith loves to have utility players who can fill different roles depending on the game plan he has in mind.
He will find a 'job' for both Morris and Kidley if it comes to that.
Buderus is an 80 minute player now, but that could well change under Smith. We might see Bedsy giving much more for 60 minutes, and someone else coming on as an impact player.

agreed, he realy loves having two hooker ie riddell an pj marsh.

I dont think we need him, but wouldnt cry if he did returned. Imo we need a good center, i think our forward depth is fine.