What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Gronk

Staff member
If anyone saw NZ flog the Broncos yesterday, our first match could get ugly unless we man up and focus on defence. The Warriors have points in them all over the park.

emjaycee

Coach
I think we will see a lot of ugly scorelines again this year. Anyone who seriously thinks we are a chance at any better than a 13-16th placed finish are kidding themselves IMHO.

Hope to be proven wrong of course.

If anyone saw NZ flog the Broncos yesterday, our first match could get ugly unless we man up and focus on defence. The Warriors have points in them all over the park.

Saw it and we will get thrashed. Tomkins is a an awesome player.

Tooooks

Bench
Warriors are a top 4 team this year, I reckon. Don't know if I'd be predicting round 1 results off the back of trial form though.

Pazza

First Grade
the warriors are the definition of inconsistency!

they could be complete rubbish against us for all we know.

Lets not forget that the trail game was the first time a lot of our boys had played together, its going to take time to build continuity between the players. but i highly doubt with the talent we got that we are going to be completely shit again (as long as our roster stays healthy).

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I reckon the score will be a bit closer than last year's game.

If we get them early, muscle up in defence, the Warriors wont have much room. Except probably out wide, I know it was only a trial but our defence our wide against Manly was ordinary, really needs to improve.

Joely01

Bench
The broncos were rubbish yesterday, we will put in a much better performance at home against them.

Match will be a very close one I reckon, don't forget we have points all over the park as well, Hayne, Hoppa, Norman and Sandow (if he gets the spot)

T.S Quint

Coach
Hard to gauge trial form.
Warriors on their day will destroy any team. On the other days though they just fall to pieces.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I remember reading the same things last year before round one. I'm not suggesting we will see the same result, but I'm not willing to write the Eels off just yet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If anyone saw us smash the Warriors last year, round one is meaningless, much less the trials.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah but did you see us in 2001 ! The past 13 years mean nothing.

Juju

Juniors
I am a Warriors fan. But I will gamble on you guys rd 1.
Warrors played good yesterday but the Broncos were really really poor

Eels play good at home. Add +2 penalties for home game advantage. It could be closer than we all think.

Judging on how shit my team is at Round 1, me like Juju will place some $$$ on the Eels to win but if the Warriors click and put a great performance in. I'll be happy to lose money :)

TheParraboy

Staff member

shitting your pants over a trial game against the yesteryear show ponys? :lol:

Eels by 18 plus, nothing surer :cool:

shitting your pants over a trial game against the yesteryear show ponys? :lol:

Eels by 18 plus, nothing surer :cool:

In Round 18 when we play you for the 2nd time in 2014, I'll be as confident as you are. We always play our best in the 2nd half of the year. We are slow starters going by our history :D

Latest posts