What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If we don't show some starch in defence it could get ugly.

Even though the Warriors are consistent at being really inconsistent, they still have strike weapons all over the park. They absolutely tore the Ponies apart on Sunday and
I think they are primed to start the season strong coming off hosting the 9's.

I just hope we show some spunk in this game. Considering its the first game of the season, at home, coming off the back of two wooden spoons, new coach, new players... surely there must be some fire in the belly.

Looking forward to it

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Here's a round 26 lineup after a few injuries:

1. Hunt
2. Toutai
3. Morgan
4. Hopoate
5. Sio
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Lasalo
9. Foran
10. Allgood
11. Harrison
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Edwards
16. Moimoi
17. Gower

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
What I'd like to see:

1. Hayne (C)
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah (C)
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Smith
12. Tanginoa
13. Mossop

14. Joseph Paulo
15. Allgood
16. Junior Paulo
17. Edwards/Ma'u

But I think Radradra might get a crack over Morgan, and we might go for a different bench. Junior Paulo is massive, though, and adds some size up front - which we are lacking.

Maybe take out Mossop and put in Terepo. I can't believe I forgot about Peni!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Here's a round 26 lineup after a few injuries:

1. Hunt
2. Toutai
3. Morgan
4. Hopoate
5. Sio
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Lasalo
9. Foran
10. Allgood
11. Harrison
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Edwards
16. Moimoi
17. Gower
I like the look of that side.

Delboy

First Grade
David Gower is going to have a lot of players underperform before he gets into the 17, Edwards and Mau should be the second row, but will probably be a 3 man rotation with Ben Smith

Pazza

First Grade
Rnd 1

Hayne
Sio
Hopoate
Tonga
Radradra
Norman
Kelly
Mannah
Peats
Fui
Mau
Smith
Lussik

Terepo
Edwards
Allgood
Gower

Would love to put Hunt, Tanginoa and Jnr Paulo in there but I got no idea if they are available.

Pazza

First Grade
David Gower is going to have a lot of players underperform before he gets into the 17, Edwards and Mau should be the second row, but will probably be a 3 man rotation with Ben Smith

Played a lot of games for Manly last year, he can't be that bad. Plus BA must see something in him.

eel01s

Bench

Interesting comment Delboy, seeing as Gower regularly made the Manly 17, and our forwards aren't as good as theirs.

caylo

Bench
I personally would go with the following

1 Hayne
2 Sio
3 Hoppa
4 Tonga
5 Semi
6 Norman
7 Kelly
8 Mannah
9 Peats
10 Lussik
11 Ma'u
12 Smith
13 Edwards

14 Sandow
15 Terepo
16 Moimoi
17 Pauli

I would probably have jnr paulo over pauli but for some reason he didnt play in the trial so i assume he is out of favour with the coach but last year he looked very good IMO. Allgood is an honest toiler and I don't think he is consistent enough to warrant a first XVII spot.

Once Tanginoa, Loko and Mossop are fit I think they will probably come into contention for a place in the team.

Noise

Coach
Interesting comment Delboy, seeing as Gower regularly made the Manly 17, and our forwards aren't as good as theirs.

One thing I noticed with Gower on the weekend was that he was quite good at getting to his hands and knees on his hit ups. He wasn't making huge metres but he wasn't getting wrestled to his back.

I'm surprised that Morgan is being overlooked for the wing by people on here. Speed and decent strength and he has a half a brain as well!!

Latest posts