What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

hindy111

Post Whore
At home parra will be fine.Win or loose it will be close.Aslong as ben smith stays fit parra will have a good season especialy in winter when its penguin season

Eelementary

Post Whore
In Round 18 when we play you for the 2nd time in 2014, I'll be as confident as you are. We always play our best in the 2nd half of the year. We are slow starters going by our history :D

Make no mistake - round 1 will be a tough game.

But I am feeling confident we can compete - we will be at home, on a Sunday afternoon, in our first serious hit-out of the year and with a new coach in the box.

On paper, the Warriors destroy us. But as someone once said, "A team of champions beats a champion team."

Only problem is that, at least for the time being, our side is neither a "champion team" nor a "team of champions"...

bartman

Immortal
Warriors will be tracking to be a top 6 side this season, that's top 4 minus their travelling inconsistencies.

They're a different side to the one we've come up against in previous Round 1s of previous seasons, where they were a 50-50 chance at the top eight. We'll put in a good account of ourselves, but the Warriors are well-drilled contenders wile we're just trying to remember what it's like to be competitive.

hindy111

Post Whore
I love our tough draw first up.It will season us and realy get us ready for the year.Last year we started with easy games.Likely too loose against roosters anytime we play them so lets do it in the first 6 rnds.That way by rnd 7 we know our best team.Its when our season starts.
If we did win 2/6 first up id be very happy.Brisbane and Warriors are our best chance.By rnd 10 we than could be 5/5 with home games against saints,sharks,tigers...Have the BYE and by than we have gelled

Someone

Bench
I think we will see a lot of ugly scorelines again this year. Anyone who seriously thinks we are a chance at any better than a 13-16th placed finish are kidding themselves IMHO.

Hope to be proven wrong of course.

we are still very weak in the middle imo yes we have improved but compared to alot of other teams our 8-17 in particular arent that impressive.

Someone

Bench
Warriors will be tracking to be a top 6 side this season, that's top 4 minus their travelling inconsistencies.

They're a different side to the one we've come up against in previous Round 1s of previous seasons, where they were a 50-50 chance at the top eight. We'll put in a good account of ourselves, but the Warriors are well-drilled contenders wile we're just trying to remember what it's like to be competitive.

cant take anything you post seriously with an avatar like that.

lingard

Coach
I think we will see a lot of ugly scorelines again this year. Anyone who seriously thinks we are a chance at any better than a 13-16th placed finish are kidding themselves IMHO.

Hope to be proven wrong of course.

Count me in for that. I'm happy to kid myself. We'll come fourth.

lingard

Coach
I reckon the score will be a bit closer than last year's game.

If we get them early, muscle up in defence, the Warriors wont have much room. Except probably out wide, I know it was only a trial but our defence our wide against Manly was ordinary, really needs to improve.

Yeah, but our defence in the nines was pretty damned good. So go figure.

lingard

Coach
In Round 18 when we play you for the 2nd time in 2014, I'll be as confident as you are. We always play our best in the 2nd half of the year. We are slow starters going by our history :D

Yes. Your team has pulled off a few dramatic runs at the back end of the season, that's for sure. Got a good team on paper this year - not so sure about the coach, but you never know. Good luck.

bartman

Immortal
So, should we have a stab at predictions for the named Round One line-up?

Mine is:
1. Hayne
2. Hunt
3. Hopoate
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Allgood
12. B. Smith
13. Terepo

14. Joseph Paulo
15. Moimoi
16. Ma'u ?
17. Edwards ?
18. Sio
19. Sandow (why not, keep 'em guessing!)

Injured: Tanginoa, Mossop, Gower?

Joely01

Bench
What I think will be named:
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Tonga
5. Hunt (if injured radradra)
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Allgood (for size at the start of the game)
12. Smith (unfortunately)
13. Terepo

14. ZDC or Pritchard (would like to see a little man who can play a quick tempo 20-25min)
15. Moi moi
16. Tanginoa (back from injury early)
17. Mau

hindy111

Post Whore
Id swap Sio with Hunt
Allgood with Edwards.
Lussick to lock and MoiMoi starts(till tanginoa is fit)

14J.Paulo
15Terepo
16Allgood( rather Lassalo)
17Mau

Eelementary

Post Whore
What I'd like to see:

1. Hayne (C)
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah (C)
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Smith
12. Tanginoa
13. Mossop

14. Joseph Paulo
15. Allgood
16. Junior Paulo
17. Edwards/Ma'u

But I think Radradra might get a crack over Morgan, and we might go for a different bench. Junior Paulo is massive, though, and adds some size up front - which we are lacking.

emjaycee

Coach
What I'd like to see:

1. Hayne (C)
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah (C)
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Smith
12. Tanginoa
13. Mossop

14. Joseph Paulo
15. Allgood
16. Junior Paulo
17. Edwards/Ma'u

But I think Radradra might get a crack over Morgan, and we might go for a different bench. Junior Paulo is massive, though, and adds some size up front - which we are lacking.

Dude don't forget Mossop is injured.

eels_fan

First Grade
With Mossop & Tanginoa still injured:

Hayne
Sio
Tonga
Hoppa
Radrada
Norman
Kelly
Mannah