What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RND 2 vs ROOSTERS

bartman

Immortal
We still have lot of players who've never experienced a winning/professional culture in the senior ranks. It's hard for rookie coaches to lift players like that out of those doldrums when the opposition gets a lead on and scores first after the break. Hopefully he can instill some sense of purpose and commitment after the loss, in time for us to play out the full 80 next week even if we're behind on the scoreboard.

lingard

Coach
Tim Mannah: 81 metres 0 LBs 10 Carries 23 Tackles 2 Missed 2 Penalties

Fuifui Moimoi: 53 metres 0 LBs 8 Carries 20 Tackles 1 Missed 1 Penalties

Ben Smith: 27 metres 0 LBs 14 Carries 30 Tackles 1 Missed 1 Penalties

Manu Ma'u: 51 metres 0 LBs 11 Carries 31 Tackles 1 Missed 1 Penalties

Ken Edwards: 26 metres 0 LBs 59 Carries 34 Tackles 2 Missed 0 Penalties

How much possession did we have? And how much possession did we have in their half?

Gronk

Staff member
I LOL at all the threads after this game.

As much as we were bad, we were made to look bad by a very good roosters outfit. Their ruck speed was great. Their play the balls fast. Their wrestle was superior and stifled our go forward. Add the penalty count and our high error count and we just didn't have the ball enough.

I still think that we're a better side than we were last year by a country mile.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bag Benny yet you overlook Ken Edwards

hindy111

Post Whore
bag Benny yet you overlook Ken Edwards

K.Edwards played Hooker, has he ever played there before? You couldn't even consider him playing if not at lock or second row.

B.Smith has no leg drive, he is there for some leadership and his defense. If he cant be brilliant in that area than he offers nothing. He seriously wouldn't bust thru a wet paper bag and that's being kind.

Manu and K.Edwards ill give till rnd 10 to prove if they are actualy first grade players. We hope they are but wont surprise if both end up back in Wenty and just not up to the level. They do need sometime to adjust as well

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Listened to an interview and it was mentioned we only had 34% of the ball and only 2 of the first 10 sets in the second half - yeah this is our fault but give any side that amount of ball especially the premiers you are certain to get a flogging.

IFR33K

Coach
Listened to an interview and it was mentioned we only had 34% of the ball and only 2 of the first 10 sets in the second half - yeah this is our fault but give any side that amount of ball especially the premiers you are certain to get a flogging.

This.

With those stats, we are lucky not to have conceded 70.

When should we expect a charge against lussick.

hindy111

Post Whore
Its all about attitude, this is where penrith have recruited guys with passion desire and commitment first over skill.

Peats was a great signing -He show all of these qualities.

IFR33K

Coach
Its all about attitude, this is where penrith have recruited guys with passion desire and commitment first over skill.

Peats was a great signing -He show all of these qualities.

Hindy, your obsession with penrith is bewildering. Surely its got to be the shoeless penrith chicks that do it.

Plenty of footy to be played.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy, your obsession with penrith is bewildering. Surely its got to be the shoeless penrith chicks that do it.

Plenty of footy to be played.

I compare us too penrith cause we are both the two most under performing clubs in the NRL. Too there credit they have a premiership in the last 10yrs which we don't.

Now they where a horrible mess, and so where we.

Gould and cleary came in and made changes.We had Sk come in than Ricky.
Now Ivan into there 3rd year and who is better placed? We are into our 4th year and still looking all broken.

We haven't made any realy changes or tough decisions.We haven't changed so lets not pretend we have.

We are just still hoping that Hayne turns on his 2009 form-Living on a prayer.

If we got rid of players like Lewis And Jennings Gordon coote's class than we would all be going shit!

What have we done? Let go of hindy and Burt Mk and a few wenty players.Yes some realy tough call have been made. So lets all just hope Hayne gets back to that form from 5 yrs ago.Afterall it is a 5 yr plan

BennyBoy

Juniors
I compare us too penrith cause we are both the two most under performing clubs in the NRL. Too there credit they have a premiership in the last 10yrs which we don't.

Now Ivan into there 3rd year and who is better placed? We are into our 4th year and still looking all broken.

We haven't made any realy changes or tough decisions.We haven't changed so lets not pretend we have.

If we got rid of players like Lewis And Jennings Gordon coote's class than we would all be going shit!

What have we done? Let go of hindy and Burt Mk and a few wenty players.Yes some realy tough call have been made. So lets all just hope Hayne gets back to that form from 5 yrs ago.Afterall it is a 5 yr plan
Well we've done something, we quite regularly shuffle the chairs.

IFR33K

Coach

Mate, we're two weeks into a new season, with a new coach and team. Did we really expect to be world beaters.

Let's see how we are placed after 10 rounds.

Delboy

First Grade
Hindy, I can tell you a lot of work is being done by the new coach to overhaul our roster, he is working non stop on everything

He is here for the long haul, and I am sure things will change and improve, he knows what needs to be done and I am confident will do it

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hindy, I can tell you a lot of work is being done by the new coach to overhaul our roster, he is working non stop on everything

He is here for the long haul, and I am sure things will change and improve, he knows what needs to be done and I am confident will do it

Does he know that Sandow is our best half?

hindy111

Post Whore

Good I hope he gets the chance to finish the project. We basically have wasted the last 4 yrs.Anderson 2010 was ready to make changes instead we get SK than we sack him and get RS.This year we should be at the point where we have built a top side, instead we are still trying too.

IFR33K

Coach

Del, I know u have strong ties with BA, but it was one big f**k up on his behalf to talk bs into playing this year while considering retiring.

I am willing to be patient at this point in time if we are at least competitive.

Latest posts