What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RND 2 vs ROOSTERS

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol come on bro. The speed they were playing at and our lack of intensity would have lead to a 70 point loss on a dry track.:crazy:

On a dry track we would have been able to use the ball more, and use our footwork to avoid collisions, rather than being forced to run straight into them every time.

We only got smashed because we gave up. We only gave up because that's what this team does when they realise they can't win.

On a dry track we could have played to our strengths (strike power on the edges) and probably wouldn't have realised we couldn't win until the 75th minute, instead of at half time as happened yesterday.

pedge

Juniors
While we sit here admiring they're pack, the scary thing us they got absolutely steamrolled in round 1

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Pretty accurate, what get's me is how Toutai and Semi escape criticism over their horrible defensive reads? They catapult out of the line everytime and come in, leaving a huge gap out wide and any smart team who plays us will know just to throw it wide to their winger.

Pretty sure that is not their fault but the defensive structure we are playing. We are playing compressed with the wingers coming in - this is to try to keep the middle fairly tight. The plan is when the wingers come in is for our fullback / Hayne to take the winger.

The problem last night was we are still learning the new defensive structure (and getting smashed in middle, peats playing helps big time in the middle) and roosters were very good at spreading the ball not giving Hayne time to get there. But the roosters aren't premiers for nothing.

It is a work in progress (Arthur has only been here 5 months) but it will work , just needs time - look at how good manly defended last year , that was down to Arthur.

Dry pitch?

I'm sure Willie Tonga would have done much more damage on a dry pitch then Michael Jennings.

Honestly the Roosters had 9 days to prepare for us off a loss. We had 6 days , lost Peats and I honestly couldn't see us getting up to play again so soon with the mentality we've had the past few seasons. If you give most of the guys in our team an excuse to lose, they'll take it with both hands. We don't have that culture that accepts no excuses or finds a way to compete on every play. It's gonna take time and an injection of players from successful clubs. As well as a coach prepared to gut it out and not a weak dog who runs when the enormity of the job hits them.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The pack lacks some serious experience ( and our experience players smith/fui are past their best ) but yeah there is no excuse for last night for letting 40 points in the second half.

Our backs are fine ( I would be dropping Vai for Sio) we just need some leaders in the pack especially in the middle.

Obviously fui / smith won't be here next year - we need to replace them both with younger experienced players. Buher, grant, watmough, Stewart , Fenson and Hoffman are all options.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lets face it, the culture of the joint stinks. and the so called leaders of the club last night were the worst offenders. So many players past their used by dates, we need to buy some experience and some leadership. Because our experienced players bar Hayne and Mannah just aren't up to it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm sure Willie Tonga would have done much more damage on a dry pitch then Michael Jennings.

Honestly the Roosters had 9 days to prepare for us off a loss. We had 6 days , lost Peats and I honestly couldn't see us getting up to play again so soon with the mentality we've had the past few seasons. If you give most of the guys in our team an excuse to lose, they'll take it with both hands. We don't have that culture that accepts no excuses or finds a way to compete on every play. It's gonna take time and an injection of players from successful clubs. As well as a coach prepared to gut it out and not a weak dog who runs when the enormity of the job hits them.
100% spot on, our culture is terrible. Has been for a long time and if you give this lot a chance to lay down they will. The young guys are the ones always having a dig it is the older more experienced guys who are happy to take short cuts. Massive lack of leadership at the club.

strider

Post Whore
so did Tanginoa not play at all? .... I don't recall seeing him or I may have got so disinterested towards the end that I simply missed him

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I had about 28 beers last night. All I remember is the Roosters scoring an effload of tries in the second half.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
so did Tanginoa not play at all? .... I don't recall seeing him or I may have got so disinterested towards the end that I simply missed him
He came on near the end and made a decent run or two from very limited opportunities. Not sure why this kid is getting more of a run. Maybe they are bring him back slowly??

TheParraboy

Staff member
I had about 28 beers last night. All I remember is the Roosters scoring an effload of tries in the second half.

sounds like you have half a beer if you can remember that

28 beers? I would have thought you would have witnessed a gutsy Parramatta performance :sarcasm:

yy_cheng

Coach
We need to buy a big four, maybe me can start a rebel league with just parra and tiges, png, Fiji, group 9,10. We might win a comp

Chipmunk

Coach

I watched the game at the pub. I'd had enough and went home just after half time. If the bus was due earlier I wouldve gone home at half time. We shouldve realistically been down by 20 at the break.

Latest posts