What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 vs Sharks Game Day Thread

yy_cheng

Coach
Was going to write a 10 page essay about yesterday's shit performance but I can't be bothered. We were our own worst enemy and as Arthur said in the pressers we didn't give ourselves a chance. I can't blame one player for yesterday's performance, it was genuinely a shit team effort. People were picking us for top 4 top 8 before the season started but I didnt see it happening and still don't. Got the raiders next week, won't get any easier.

Oh we def need to be in the market for 5/8 to help Norman. Not blaming gutho for yesterday's loss but once opposition shut down Norman, we have nothing.
It's probably why we introduced the forwards passing and offloading strategy into our game plan. (ala Dogs).

So instead of it all being norman, the forwards do some plays of their own. The only issues were that we were not selective, we didn't know when to stop when it was failing and there was nobody backing up the forwards to receive the ball. I actually would expect the hooker and maybe bevan to follow them. If they don't then don't pass it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Two poor performances in a row. Every time we took chances at their half we completely blew with poor handling errors or bad passes. Its like no-one was talking to each other in attack. You've got to be patient against the Sharks but they tried to be too fancy. The defence was much better, I don't think Sharks threw much at us, not wrapping the bloke up and the amount of off loads the Sharks were getting away with.

Kornstar

Coach
Certainly doesn't look like we're are playing for the coach, like he been suggested by the players.......

We have played one decent game this year and have been garbage for 3. Lucky to be 2 wins for the season.

It's only round 4 but I don't expect to be playing finals footy again this year tbh.

In the second half when we were attacking their line, the Sharks were not on side once. They were in our faces before the players got the ball because they all jumped the gun continually and not one penalty. I guess it pays to be the premiers.

We should have kicked behind them more but we didn't even do it once, even more disappointing seeing as French would be perfect for chasing through on those types of plays.

Oh well, next week will be another loss as we can't win in Canberra and they (refs) won't want to upset Ricky so I expect more of the same abhorrent refereeing to top off the game and more lost ball from us.

It's great to be a Parra supporter........

Snoochies

First Grade
At training they may as train like the old days with the opposition back 5 metres, seems more realistic than this imaginary 10 metres.

Chipmunk

Coach
I know we haven't won in Canberra for a while, but I'm guessing the majority of the times we've played them in Canberra would be deep into the winter.

Next weekend the weaher is still going to be quite warm.

If we're good enough we can win. Whether we're good enough remains to be seen.

Dibs

Bench
They're covering the space, not the players. The more men in the tackle the better.
There was f*ck all space for them to cover 2 would have been plenty leaving 2 to cover the inside. If only one of them didn't go across they probably would have stopped the try.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Certainly doesn't look like we're are playing for the coach, like he been suggested by the players.......

We have played one decent game this year and have been garbage for 3. Lucky to be 2 wins for the season.

It's only round 4 but I don't expect to be playing finals footy again this year tbh.

In the second half when we were attacking their line, the Sharks were not on side once. They were in our faces before the players got the ball because they all jumped the gun continually and not one penalty. I guess it pays to be the premiers.

We should have kicked behind them more but we didn't even do it once, even more disappointing seeing as French would be perfect for chasing through on those types of plays.

Oh well, next week will be another loss as we can't win in Canberra and they (refs) won't want to upset Ricky so I expect more of the same abhorrent refereeing to top off the game and more lost ball from us.

It's great to be a Parra supporter........
That's the spirit!

lingard

Coach
Yep it was that hard to watch that in the 2nd half I created a spreadsheet of all the stats for the season of the junior cricket side I coach to work out who will get the trophies on presentation day rather than watch.

So are you going to tell us who?

lingard

Coach
Kaysa was strong in defence. Taka is Kaka and has been all season. A massive liability in defence. I don't think you can apply the same savoury marinade to both players.

Disappointing game. We are at our best when we are fast, urgent and more importantly simple in attack. For the most part this evening we were neither of those three.

Once again you've let the forum down with poor grammar inside your own half. Obviously it should be "none of those three". Maybe you're tired, but it's these little mistakes that add up in the end, you know.