What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 vs Sharks Game Day Thread

Dibs

Bench
They didn't know Feki was going to cut inside or if he did, where. What's more they wouldn't have wanted to leave a sliding defender trying to stop him one on one. Defensive principles are about filling space and not leaving your mates isolated. The blokes who didn't push were in the wrong (and so are you), not the blokes who pushed across too hard.
No you are wrong there was nowhere for him to go but back on the inside you f*cking moronic merkin. You are so f*cking stupid that you think four players ending up on the wing defending is correct. Going by your theory all 13 should have ended up over there and when they score in the far wing it would be the interchanges fault for not sliding onto the field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No you are wrong there was nowhere for him to go but back on the inside you f*cking moronic merkin.
True but if our guys hadn't pushed across in numbers there was plenty of room on the outside. And a big winger like Feki only needs to get one on one with a sliding defender and he's through.
You are so f*cking stupid that you think four players ending up on the wing defending is correct. Going by your theory all 13 should have ended up over there and when they score in the far wing it would be the interchanges fault for not sliding onto the field.
I'LL f**kEN KNOCK YOU OUT MERKIN

Dibs

Bench
True but if our guys hadn't pushed across in numbers there was plenty of room on the outside. And a big winger like Feki only needs to get one on one with a sliding defender and he's through.

I'LL f**kEN KNOCK YOU OUT MERKIN
I'm not a wet paper bag you egregiously ill-bred subhuman

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree with FP, we have always lacked a bit of composure in attack, particularly in the opposition 20. Couple that with bad ball control in our own half and it is a recipe for some pretty shitty performances.

So with the feki try.
I wouldn't go cutting your players heads off about that.

cos if you look at what leutelle has done this year, and you would have done video in the week etc,
what he does previously he has two moves usually which is to hog it, or to give fek just enough space to score given his low centre of gravity skillz in the corner.

the winger cutting back inside is not something we see much from the fek leutelle combo. I was even surprised that A, he did it, and B he scored.

so yeah. defensively you should be looking at all options but it was a surprise.

also, we wouldn't have scored that last week, because edrick lee would have been three meters infront of leutelle.

Serious Question - but have we actually scored a try this year that started outside the oppositions 20 ?
I think we're also quite poor when we're in the opposition's 20 metre zone. It all looks like ad-lib stuff and no one seems to know what the playmakers are going to do. The better teams look rehearsed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think we are over analysing our issues to much, we simply just have to hold the ball and completed our sets. Do that and a lot of our problems will be fixed.

We did that against the dragons / manly and looked great and both those sides have had a few good wins in the last two weeks.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think we're also quite poor when we're in the opposition's 20 metre zone. It all looks like ad-lib stuff and no one seems to know what the playmakers are going to do. The better teams look rehearsed.

At one stage I counted 6 incomplete sets out of 8 inside their 20. We just didn't build pressure or get to our kicks.

ParraSteve

Juniors
That first try by the sharks, it looked like Taka was running quicksand, he’s well off the pace this year as a back and is currently a liability.

I’d still keep Gutho at 5/8, he does look dangerous when he has the ball in hand.

Just too many stupid errors cost us on Saturday night, it was like we wanted to score off every set. Easily the dumbest we’ve played under BA.