What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 vs Sharks Game Day Thread

lingard

Coach
The point is that if you attempt a low percentage tackle (e.g. diving at a fleeting exposure of a runner when one of your own players is between him and you) then you are more likely to miss. Just shuffling up and back and only tackling people who come straight at you, like a Paulo, Vave or Taumalolo, leads to fewer missed tackles.

Are you trying to say that missed tackle stats are meaningless? I think you're right.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Once again you've let the forum down with poor grammar inside your own half. Obviously it should be "none of those three". Maybe you're tired, but it's these little mistakes that add up in the end, you know.
Don't worry mate. BA was all over it. Said it was sloppy and that I really have to peel my finger out.

No, I'm Dr Tinky Winky, former marine biologist turned career alcoholic. Simon is an abstract concept of authoritarianism.
Hang on, you're saying I can make a career out of alcoholism? Do you need a degree or can you just be self-taught? Maybe I can do one of those courses that will recognise my experience in the field.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hang on, you're saying I can make a career out of alcoholism? Do you need a degree or can you just be self-taught? Maybe I can do one of those courses that will recognise my experience in the field.

I'm entirely self taught....you have to pretend to be a wine, beer, scotch, whatever snob so that people don't catch on, but otherwise the world of alcoholism is your oyster (stout)....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There was f*ck all space for them to cover 2 would have been plenty leaving 2 to cover the inside. If only one of them didn't go across they probably would have stopped the try.
The point is that they were sliding, so whoever didn't push out with the others would have left a hole for Feki to run through. That's why you need the whole defensive line pushing across on a shift play.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are you trying to say that missed tackle stats are meaningless? I think you're right.
No they're meaningful, but you have to compare players in similar roles. A middle defender whose job is to lead the line is a different role to a middle defender who is tasked to stay with the bloke on either side and avoid getting isolated.

Dibs

Bench
The point is that they were sliding, so whoever didn't push out with the others would have left a hole for Feki to run through. That's why you need the whole defensive line pushing across on a shift play.
No pou there was more then enough players there to shut the play down but they didn't.
The hole was left by at least one player sliding to far across

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No pou there was more then enough players there to shut the play down but they didn't.
The hole was left by at least one player sliding to far across
They didn't know Feki was going to cut inside or if he did, where. What's more they wouldn't have wanted to leave a sliding defender trying to stop him one on one. Defensive principles are about filling space and not leaving your mates isolated. The blokes who didn't push were in the wrong (and so are you), not the blokes who pushed across too hard.