What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4Team vs Penrith

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
not that there's anything wrong with that

seinfeld.gif

bartman

Immortal
Wow, didn't think Sandow would get a recall this early. A high profile selection, I hope he's ready for the spotlight and pressure.

Maybe this was Arthur's plan for the halves all along, and he's been bringing Snadow along to gain confidence with Wenty? Kelly's ok enough, but as someone said he's a back-up half that Bellamy chose to let go mid-season.

Good to see Sio back in, seemingly just on merit given the goalkicking issue is sorted with Sandow's recall to firsts.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
be interesting to see who kicks

if Sio then Sandow was promoted as a halfback and not a kicker

if Sandow kicks it obvious why he was selected

amitropo

Juniors
I think Sio has been brought in incase hayne is ruled out with ankle injury, Sio moves to fullback and toutai back in on wing

yy_cheng

Coach
I still think that we lack that support player who sniffs around the ruck just waiting for an offload. Hayne doesnt seem interested in doing that. Slater would be sniffing around all the time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If Sio wasn't named it would be more likely that Sandow was in the team just for his goal kicking.

As it is, Sandow will kick goals because he's a better kicker. Sio is certainly in the team on his merit as a winger anyway, but the fact he is in the team means there was less reason to bring Sandow into the team just for his goal kicking.

To be honest I'm surprised that Sandow and Sio were named this week. They have been killing it for Wenty, but that is a completely different standard of competition. I don't reckon Kelly or Toutai deserve to be dropped, although they were both conspicuously quiet against Manly. In the preceding two games they were decent. I actually thought Toutai was one of our best (least shit anyway) against the Chooks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
wouldn't that be the fullback

Ordinarily, yes - but there's no reason why Hopoate or Ma'u can't be that guy, for instance.

He's frustrating, true - but if players actually ran with him when he crabbed, we might see some more breaks.

Not necessarily.

If they were both promoted on playing merits and Sandow is the better kicker then he will kick.

Parraren

Bench
BA said getting close ain't good enough......and with that 2 underperformers find themselves in Wenty.

I like this bloke, I like him a lot.

I reckon the plan was always to ease Sandow into the season. Not a bad round for him to get a run, most of the attention will be on the Roosters/Manly Storm/Bulldogs GF replays.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I reckon the plan was always to ease Sandow into the season. Not a bad round for him to get a run, most of the attention will be on the Roosters/Manly Storm/Bulldogs GF replays.

If this was planned all along then it has been very well played by BA. Sandow is a confidence player so rather than killing his confidence by putting him up against the 2 grand finalists in rounds 2-3 where, let's be honest, we didn't stand much chance especially away from home, he grows confidence by braining it in reserve grade and then has a really good shot at maintaining it against Panthers at home.

Big IF though.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I don't think you can really teach adults to hit like that. That kind of defence is about footwork and aggression, which are largely decided well before they get into first grade.

It's interesting that many of the players with the natural ability to get their feet in the right position also seem to naturally lack aggression. Yes I'm talking about Polynesians.

#NotRacistBut
Ive actually seen Fui hit like Peats on the odd occasion when he is fired up. Sadly its a rare occurence. I believe its as much about attitude, courage and agression as it is about technique.

Latest posts