What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 Raiders vs Cowboys

Another Monday night but at home this week , can we repeat tonights performance.

Shillo will be missing as will Duges and Fensom still. Waiting on the report about Papalii who didnt return after halftime.

legend

Coach
So we could be without:

Shillington
Dugan
Fensom
Thurling
Tilse
Papalii

Hard to overcome from a depth point of view. Have to wait and see who is named in the team this afternoon.

Didgi

I seem to remember several Monday night losses in the Capital, not sure if that's right though. If last round was any indication it'll be your lot by a bit. A prospective lack of depth and the fact JT has to come good at some point might have things going our way come the actual game.

mongoose

Coach
Atleast we got Mataora to slot in for Shillo. He was good last night. Also Ioane and Boyd waiting in the wings.

The backrow is already getting a bit thin. Not sure who comes in if Papali isnt fit....

Tilse is due back I think so he should come in for Shillo.

Not sure on Thurling

Kennedy was 18th man so he might get a bench spot.

Cryptic

Juniors
Good to see Shillington and Papali should be good to play this weekend, that's a massive boost. As for Wighton I don't believe he was even charged... WTF would anyone charge someone over that? His arm wasn't raised, and in normal speed it happens in around .01 seconds so I can't see how they could even consider it.

Team lineup:

1 - Reece Robinson
2 - Blake Ferguson
3 - Jarrod Croker
4 - Shaun Berrigan
5 - Jack Wighton (BTW this is how it's listed on NRL.com but wouldn't that mean a side switch for Wighton and Ferguson?)
6 - Terry Campese (c)
7 - Josh McCrone
8 - David Shillington
9 - Glen Buttriss
10 - Brett White
11 - Joel Thompson
12 - Bronson Harrison
13 - Josh Papalii
Interchange (from): Travis Waddell, Joe Picker, Sam Mataora, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Jarrad Kennedy

Surprised by Shillo been named.

Saw him on the news and he said he was looking at a few weeks. Massive boost if he can play

DF said Paps could have returned after halftime but didnt want to risk it.

If we play like that this weekend we should win again

bileduct

Coach
I highly doubt Shillo will play. His name will just be a placeholder until they figure out wtf to do.

Cryptic

Juniors
Yeah but there was actually an article stating that Shillington may play, and it's actually not the same as last week :p Robinson is listed at fullback....

Didgi

Looks like you're well covered for the injuries anyway, if you can have Mataora in; call up Boyd, Ioane etc. Who'd cover Papalii?

I thought Vaughan was a big, highly rated prospect, would he be close to getting a chance? Or Nicholls for that matter, though I've heard some things about him.

Talanexor

Juniors
But where's Bani???

Surely Raiders fans are dying to see what a quality player can do on a footy field...

Only change I'd expect to see is Tilse for Shillington. Campese and others are claiming he'll be right for this weekend, and if not Furner said last night he'll look at bringing Ioane in. Papalii will be fine. Medical team have said he could've returned to the field on Monday, however erred on the side of caution.

Latest posts