What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 vs Broncos

You know what?

Manly, Penrith and Broncs have been playing quite well but against us, they looked pedestrian.

you'll never get the media to agree but great defence creates poor attack
when teams get tired of bashing into a brick wall they go for the miracle ball

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I cant see Ben Smith making it back in the pack, unless injuries hit

Or Fui, hopefully.

It was selfless of him to 'pick up an injury' at training this week.

And how good is our first back to back win since the last time we won away! That was Brad Arthur's first game as coach, also in Brisbane.

f**k King Wally; give us a King Arthur statue - 100% record in Brisbane.

Joely01

Bench
Well done boys.
It's so good to see us playing footy again.

BA is doing wonders for this club, big test mentally now for the Roosters next week.

TheRam

Coach
Yes Hodges is a sook and had real pissed off head at the end of the game, but I'd like to see a similar reaction to a loss from all our players.

What I don't like to see is that dumb arsed pumpkin head smile that Mannah seems to always have no matter how bad the loss is. He is supposed to be a leader, if players like Pricey or Fulton saw that kind of happiness from a teammate after as loss, you can bet that there would of been a few words said in the dressing room later on. They were winners and winners hate losing and they generally show it.

It is a small thing, but as usual most small things add up to big things.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yes Hodges is a sook and had real pissed off head at the end of the game, but I'd like to see a similar reaction to a loss from all our players.

What I don't like to see is that dumb arsed pumpkin head smile that Mannah seems to always have no matter how bad the loss is. He is supposed to be a leader, if players like Pricey or Fulton saw that kind of happiness from a teammate after as loss, you can bet that there would of been a few words said in the dressing room later on. They were winners and winners hate losing and they generally show it.

It is a small thing, but as usual most small things add up to big things.

Do you think that Hayne add where he says something like it doesnt matter if you lose, as long as you have your mates, thats the important thing

Pazza

First Grade
mannah's facial reactions weren't going to make us any better a footy team the last few seasons.

a better coaching staff and some quality players, thats what wins footy games.

Avenger

Immortal
mannah's facial reactions weren't going to make us any better a footy team the last few seasons.

Our secondrowers constantly getting over 100 metres in every game and the improvement of Joseph Paulo is helping us big time.

jk13

First Grade
We gave it to the donk fans within reason. I know that gutted feeling they have all to well. Para is lang park, should play all away games here

Pazza

First Grade
Our secondrowers constantly getting over 100 metres in every game and the improvement of Joseph Paulo is helping us big time.

Definitely!

I was saying all pre season that the players we already had here (and not getting good production out of due to injury, cap limitations, form etc) would have as much of an impact on this footy team than the new boys.

And have they ever, guys like Semi, Tonga, Ma'u, Edwards, Sandow and Sefa Paulo have been outstanding.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought Joe Paulo was fantastic. As our lock would you rather Ben Smith? He is making 30 tackles a game and tonight mixed up the balance of running and passing behind the line.He is also the one who starts the swooping moves creating the extra man out wide.
One area we are bad at is letting the other team get quick play the balls.And maybe taking some bad options like just before halftime which lead to a Brisbane try.

Who would swap Sandow and Kelly ? the difference in class is immense . Lussick comes in and Mossop and that's our strongest team IMO. There would be nothing wrong with prop rotation resting guys every 4 games too freshen them up and give guys like MoiMoi Gower and Allgood the odd run.

Tanginoa and Pauli Pauli will fight it out for a x factor spot off bench

TheRam

Coach
Do you think that Hayne add where he says something like it doesnt matter if you lose, as long as you have your mates, thats the important thing

I don't know what add you're talking about yy_cheng, but it's and add, so who the hell cares what he is told to say. The add is obviously going with the good sportsmanship, feel good line.

Professional sports are a whole different kettle of fish.

TheRam

Coach

True, but attitude is everything. You need to fear and loath hating at this level. Trust me, it rubs off no matter how good you are.

natheel

Coach
Peats
Norman
Hayne
Sandow

our 'spine' was grey. Norman and Peats provide the calm plays while Sandow and Hayne provide the flashy unpredictability.

Sefa Paulo was good. Though his mix of running at the line and passing was good. Put Allgood and Gower through a gap and almost could have had Hayne through at one stage. World cup really helped him with his confidence.

Hopoate i thought that was his best game. His defence is great

Latest posts