What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 vs Broncos

Sphagnum

Coach
That's the second week in a row we've played exceptionally well. I was astonished at the 80 minute commitment t from the boys.

Man that peats is some player. Long way to go to be as good as Matt Keating but he is definitely doing some great stuff out there.

Sandow was brilliant again too. His defense has improved enormously and he made sure of the win with a cool heade field goal.

What about Pauli Pauli. He is so something else that kid. Hope we hang onto him.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
bbbbwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaza88z
We got this, they scored 3 tries off dummy half scoots from about 5m out last week, we wont be conceding those sort of tries

It's hayne or bust for them as Sandow is way too predictable and we all know what corey "take the money" norman is capable of

bbbbwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

bbbwhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
We didn't seem to miss Moi Moi

Pauli Pauli will be a gun next year after this years experience

Ideal Moi Moi replacement when it happens you would think??

The Colonel

Immortal
Did anyone else see Hodges brush off Sandow at the end of the game when he tried to shake his hand? Biggest sook in the game is Hodges.... He alongside Barba were pretty good for us.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We didn't seem to miss Moi Moi

Pauli Pauli will be a gun next year after this years experience

Ideal Moi Moi replacement when it happens you would think??

And Junior Paulo, and Loko when he comes back into the forwards and we have a few more behomoths coming through over the next two to four years so so we are looking good.
If he finds that perpetual Peats like mongrel in him Pauli Pauli will be one hell of a forward for us for many years to come.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Did anyone else see Hodges brush off Sandow at the end of the game when he tried to shake his hand? Biggest sook in the game is Hodges.... He alongside Barba were pretty good for us.

I mentioned it earlier mate, selfish prick

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
What an arsehole Hodges is......
Loved how Chrisy had that wonderful cheesy smile when Hodges rejected the handshake. :D:D

spiderdan

Bench
What a win. Arthur has been a revelation.
so far, the way he has galvanized the group and seems to be able to get them to take positives or learn from the good and the bad has been great.

After that horrid half v chooks to come out with a big effort v manly was a big improvement on last year, but to then improve upon the attitude they had their in the following two games was monumental. This side is starting to believe in their ability.

When we do lose again, and we will, the last few weeks will be a platform to further build on.

I wasn't 100% sure of Stuart's motivational tactics last year when he said we'd get lapped over and over but whatever Arthur's' is doing is working a hell of a lot better so far.

pinchy

I assumed that Sandow was talking shit throughout the game and oviously pissed some of them off... but I do agree that Barba is a big fkn sook

TheParraboy

Staff member
And Junior Paulo, and Loko when he comes back into the forwards and we have a few more behomoths coming through over the next two to four years so so we are looking good.
If he finds that perpetual Peats like mongrel in him Pauli Pauli will be one hell of a forward for us for many years to come.

BA has overhauled the pack with enthusiastic youngters who look like they should be competing in the ultimate fighter, heavyweight division :oops:

I cant see Ben Smith making it back in the pack, unless injuries hit

yy_cheng

Coach
Peni played really well as a starting prop. It was FFMM like.

Big shout out to Seph Paulo. I think that he has really put his handup. We all knew in attack he would be useful if we had runners running off him but his defense and commitment has been really good.

Who to drop when lussick gets back and does FFMM able to gain back a spot.

Good game from Junior paulo as well.

Played alot of games

Hayne, Tonga, Mannah, Gower

Played medium amt of games

Hoppa, Sio, Norman, Seph, Allgood

Played next to nothing
Semi, Peni, Peats, Edwards, Mau, Pauli, Jnr Paulo

Nice blend

Forty20

First Grade
Another solid effort from Pauli tonight. Brad Arthur is managing him well by injecting him into the game for a good impact and then bringing him back to the bench.

Although his defensive workrate over his first two games is far from huge, I believe he is yet to make an ineffective or missed tackle. Given the legitimate concerns many held over this area of his game coming into 2014, it is a surprising return from the young forward.