What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Raiders - Team List Tuesday - The Papalii Papali'i Cup

84 Baby

Referee
We do. But don't you feel in finals we upped the anti and played higher risk footy? I felt like we did. It was a shame we lost MJ,Sivo,Fergo cause they play and we beat Souths.
So we play one speed except for those times we don’t?

hindy111

Post Whore
Could partially be a mental thing but I don’t think it’s the sole reason.

There’d be a shit tonne of reasons. Have a look back at each of the games. Who was in each team? How did they win? What was each team’s form like leading up to the game?

If you genuinely want to know that’s the sort of shit you should be looking at because I’m sceptical of any ‘hoodoo’ whenever it gets mentioned in sport.

I doubt the current team give much of a shit about anything that happened more than a few years ago.

I'd say it is more about Canberra then Parra. They have been notoriously bad on the road so put a huge effort in at home. And that makes them hard to beat.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Let’s assume your theory is correct. The eels players are struggling in the Canberra climate,
Since 06. Wouldn’t you say that’s partially a mental thing with the players. It’s not like Canberra are have a hoodoo over all teams down there

I'm not sure it can be the players - we don't have the same roster now, as we did in 2006.

The only constant is the weather.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'd say it is more about Canberra then Parra. They have been notoriously bad on the road so put a huge effort in at home. And that makes them hard to beat.
Plus Ricky routinely threatens to throw them all into Lake Burley Griffin if they don’t f**ken win!

strider

Post Whore
Looking through the last couple of pages of this thread, it's clear to me that our jerseys aren't warm enough. Hopefully Macron have made them a little fleecier on the inside for this game. I would expect as much from a European brand.
maybe a bit of a hoodie might help

Eelementary

Post Whore
Looking through the last couple of pages of this thread, it's clear to me that our jerseys aren't warm enough. Hopefully Macron have made them a little fleecier on the inside for this game. I would expect as much from a European brand.

Me blaming it on the weather is just an educated guess; we've changed coaching staff, playing staff, and even jersey designers in the last 15 years, but our struggles in Canberra have endured.

The only real constants are:

(1) Canberra's weather at this time of year can be quite horrible; and

(2) Canberra have routinely had better rosters than ours over the last 15 years.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Me blaming it on the weather is just an educated guess; we've changed coaching staff, playing staff, and even jersey designers in the last 15 years, but our struggles in Canberra have endured.

(2) Canberra have routinely had better rosters than ours over the last 15 years.
I’ll go with Option 2 thanks Eele.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

I hate the cold, but I've performed well in Canberra in the past. Had a m.o.m performance in bathurst too in the middle of winter.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hate the cold, but I've performed well in Canberra in the past. Had a m.o.m performance in bathurst too in the middle of winter.

Well, why aren't you out there, performing for the Eels' First Grade side, f**king????

Nah, but well done on performing well in the cold.