What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

Flanno will not show his hand on Tuesday. A squad of 22 has been named, the run on & reserves could be very different come game day.
The only times this year that a player not originally named in the 17 has come into the 17 were due to injuries: Week 1- Lawrie (ribs) replaced by BMM
Week 3:- Sua (quad) replaced by BMM
I don't think anyone outside the 17 is coming in this week unless there are injuries.

The only changes that he could make within the 17 are changing the starting middles. But even this won't change the minutes played too much (unless there are injuries in game). Liddle, De Belin, F.Molo, Lawrie, Eisenhuth will likely play more minutes than Sele, RFM, Marschke whether they start or not.

The 17 he has picked is the 17 he has been picking all year. Notice that none of this 17 have been left out when available. The only changes have been due to injury and suspension.

Crush

Coach
I like what Flanno has done here. He’s made some noise that he’s not afraid to make changes then named the same side. This tells them they are all on notice and last chance kinda stuff. They’ll be ready to run through brick walls vs Tigers.
Feeling pretty positive about this game.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I like what Flanno has done here. He’s made some noise that he’s not afraid to make changes then named the same side. This tells them they are all on notice and last chance kinda stuff. They’ll be ready to run through brick walls vs Tigers.
Feeling pretty positive about this game.
Nuh. All he's done is tell the players he's bluffing. Play as poorly as you like, you might get a mention in the press but you'll still be in the side.

So much for Flanagan wielding the axe. Same old same old. Bird has the luck of the Irish and aint the only one. Surely there are some blokes on notice.

Flanagan has destroyed the confidence of Vili Fifita. There was a little celebration by his family when he was named in the top grade. He is a quiet, unassuming guy but wore a beaming smile during the proceedings.
His excitement was short lived when Flanagan gave him a pissweak 8 mins debut at the end, then dumped him back to Ressies next game. I'd have understood if he had blown his debut, but he did not as in that short time he pulled off four powerful carries and six tackles.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Flanagan has destroyed the confidence of Vili Fifita. There was a little celebration by his family when he was named in the top grade. He is a quiet, unassuming guy but wore a beaming smile during the proceedings. His excitement was short lived when Flanagan gave him a pissweak 8 mins debut at the end, then dumped him back to Ressies next game. I'd have understood if he had blown his debut, but he did not as in that short time he pulled off four powerful carries and six tackles.
Need to blood the young guys give them game time , the more the better ........ We will be lucky to stay off the bottom of the table , so the more time in top grade the better ......... I don't go to much on this they are not ready crap , if that's the case then either are the seasoned players when they continue to get hammered by teams ..........

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Lawrie replaced by the young kid we got from Manly

Sloan replaced by Lomax at FB.

Tuipolotu onto the wing for Lomax.

maybe put Sloan on the wing or bring him on later as the kid is a gun in attack.

would love to see a bit of a backline shuffle later in the game if the team is behind.

Fair enough mate. I must admit I'm a lot more lenient with Sloan than most, I just think the upside outweighs the downside (which is slowly being improved upon).

I don't mind the idea of a mid game backline shift - however it's hard to do without an option on the bench. Bird on the bench would really help that (but we all know that isn't happening)

Need to blood the young guys give them game time , the more the better ........ We will be lucky to stay off the bottom of the table , so the more time in top grade the better ......... I don't go to much on this they are not ready crap , if that's the case then either are the seasoned players when they continue to get hammered by teams ..........
I agree. There were a few players in the Dolphins and Cowboys game that showed they "are not ready for first grade". He won't play the younger players because he is scared they might not play well enough. But he continues to play older players who have actually not played well enough.

TheRev

First Grade
If he comes out this early in the week naming wholesale changes then the media would run with it all week and it would just be another layer of noise we don't need.
I'm betting he's already told the squad who's playing and in what positions and I'm betting they don't run out 1 -17 as named in the team sheet. Might be wrong but I'd be shocked if the team named is the team that plays.
This is my view also, better to do it later in the week if he's going to make changes, it also gives him a few days @ training to trial the changes.

However ultimately Flanno really is hoping that he can encourage the attitude shift he's after with words, because with the poor quality in our nsw cup backline, he only gets 1 or 2 goes to 'wield the axe' all year, Sloane in particular, if he doesn't come off, lomax or feagai @1 are probably not going to lead to a great year for us.. They r stopgap and we rly need lomax at ctr or wing.

TheRev

First Grade
I dont understand the fifita love though, in 2yrs the kid barely manages to put more than 10minutes in per game, coughs the ball up regularly... Even when he's not tired.

Hes in the system now, he will get games but it is in his (and our) best interests for him to get that fitness up in reserves and hit 20 or 30 or 40 minutes... actually prove he can dominate there.. I know everyone wants him to be good.. And he looks sexy and all for those first few carries.. But he's yet to have 1 game worthy of even demanding a nsw cup starting position yet.. Ease up the pressure.. and just let him develop.

It's definitely AlexT of any young blokes who is pushing BMM/Mmolo, but I suspect we don't have room for him next year.. Then again he might yet force our hand.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
If he comes out this early in the week naming wholesale changes then the media would run with it all week and it would just be another layer of noise we don't need.
I'm betting he's already told the squad who's playing and in what positions and I'm betting they don't run out 1 -17 as named in the team sheet. Might be wrong but I'd be shocked if the team named is the team that plays.
100%

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Flanagan has destroyed the confidence of Vili Fifita. There was a little celebration by his family when he was named in the top grade. He is a quiet, unassuming guy but wore a beaming smile during the proceedings.
His excitement was short lived when Flanagan gave him a pissweak 8 mins debut at the end, then dumped him back to Ressies next game. I'd have understood if he had blown his debut, but he did not as in that short time he pulled off four powerful carries and six tackles.
All our previous shit coaches have done this. What’s up with playing a young kid for 10 minutes then f**king them off to reserve grade, never to be seen again?
Another reason why we’re a basketcase of a club.

Lawrie replaced by the young kid we got from Manly
You saying Fifita or Tuitavake? Neither in the 22. They should be but not replacing Lawrie. He was our best when we had 50 put on us. Ran something like 150m that day. I'd have Tui for Eisenhuth and Fifita off the bench.

Latest posts