What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

TruSaint

Referee
I've said im willing to give Flanno a full season before passing judgement. With that in mind, his comments post game in particular to Sloane, indicated to me he would make changes.

Irrespective of whether or not he makes changes at the 11th hour, this was the time to send young Sloane a message. Naming him at FB after his dishing out of Sloane is baffling.

As to the argument/defence that we have no options, well I disagree.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
I've said im willing to give Flanno a full season before passing judgement. With that in mind, his comments post game in particular to Sloane, indicated to me he would make changes.

Irrespective of whether or not he makes changes at the 11th hour, this was the time to send young Sloane a message. Naming him at FB after his dishing out of Sloane is baffling.

I think will see Sloane on the wing

since77

Juniors

If he comes out this early in the week naming wholesale changes then the media would run with it all week and it would just be another layer of noise we don't need.
I'm betting he's already told the squad who's playing and in what positions and I'm betting they don't run out 1 -17 as named in the team sheet. Might be wrong but I'd be shocked if the team named is the team that plays.

Lennyb

Juniors

Matt being in the extended list is sending a message. I reckon.

TruSaint

Referee
If he comes out this early in the week naming wholesale changes then the media would run with it all week and it would just be another layer of noise we don't need.
I'm betting he's already told the squad who's playing and in what positions and I'm betting they don't run out 1 -17 as named in the team sheet. Might be wrong but I'd be shocked if the team named is the team that plays.
Matt being in the extended list is sending a message. I reckon.

Fair reply lads. Im trying to keep the faith.

Dragon David

First Grade
oops, should've looked harder before posting the lists again, sorry DD.

if that's the side that runs out, that's already pretty different to be fair. I think this side looks a lot better with Sele starting, JDB off the bench and Eisenhuth at 13 permanently. I'm happy to have this serve as a rev up to Blocka, he was our player of the year last year. I would imagine he needs a big game this weekend though
All good D & Y. Good that you show keenness like me!

justadragon

Bench
I'm not sure I agree with the decision to start JdB off the bench. He's our best defensive "middle forward" and you notice when he's not there (as do the opposition). As a tactic, exposing the soft underbelly of your dubious defence in the middle from the opening whistle seems like a poor one.
Get what you are saying, but we are stuck between a rock and a hard place because he is also more effective coming into the game later, Hey I wish we had 2 of him, there would be no issues then :)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
oops, should've looked harder before posting the lists again, sorry DD.

if that's the side that runs out, that's already pretty different to be fair. I think this side looks a lot better with Sele starting, JDB off the bench and Eisenhuth at 13 permanently. I'm happy to have this serve as a rev up to Blocka, he was our player of the year last year. I would imagine he needs a big game this weekend though
Weather conditions and injuries could end up determining what the outside back configuration looks like- Sloan was dropped by Hook after a horror in the swamp performance last season and clearly has never recovered- I've posted before he needs a psychologist to overcome his anxiety (mainly but not exclusively in wet conditions) before he needs another coach. It's possible that even if its dry that Feagai will start at full-back with Sloan slotting into Rav's position (for at least some speed in the backline). If Bird doesn't recover, Zac gets his centre wish and Tui takes over the wing.

Oh God I hope not .
On this one I agree
Roy Masters wrote a great piece regarding the value of a winger which hewi posted on page 93 of the 'Zac Lomax Thread'. One quote:

'Long gone are the days when skinny kids who kicked goals were picked on the wing to hide defensive frailties."

If you think Sloan is targeted in defence when up in the line, as fullback, just imagine the carnage if he's on the bloody wing.

But unlike you , Mr Bin Chicken, I still believe we utilise Sloan at fullback as, even you his most ardent detractor, is unable to offer a better alternative.

Perhaps another treble against the Tigers will warm ur heart a little?

Yeah yeah I know - Another laughing emoji !

Last edited:

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Weather conditions and injuries could end up determining what the outside back configuration looks like- Sloan was dropped by Hook after a horror in the swamp performance last season and clearly has never recovered- I've posted before he needs a psychologist to overcome his anxiety (mainly but not exclusively in wet conditions) before he needs another coach. It's possible that even if its dry that Feagai will start at full-back with Sloan slotting into Rav's position (for at least some speed in the backline). If Bird doesn't recover, Zac gets his centre wish and Tui takes over the wing.
I’d be shocked if Feagai came in at FB this week, or if anyone besides Sloan plays there tbh. If Flanno wants to switch him and Lomax during the game, sure. If you drop Sloan now, you’d kill him. No point putting Lomax there full time, he’s leaving. I’d be shocked if Bird played either tbh, Feagai to play centre imo.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Dropping Rav would be strange too - I don’t think he’s been bad tbh. Bit hard when we go right so often, and also he’s a right arm put down, so much harder to do on the left