What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

Dragon David

First Grade
Game just got a little tougher. Keith Barnes had passed (bloody great player). The Tigpies will lift to honour one of their greats.
Yes, R.I.P. Golden Boots and sincerest condolences to your family and friends and associates.

Great footballer after coming over from Wales as a teenager and becoming one of the all time great full backs for the Balmain Tigers. He wasn't a big guy but had plenty of heart and never say die attitude. He was a prolific goal kicker and represented Australia and NSW and becoming the CEO of the Balmain Leagues Club.

The current Tigers will certainly be wearing their black arm band and making things really tough for us on Sunday in respect to the legend Keith Barnes.

Yes, R.I.P. Golden Boots and sincerest condolences to your family and friends and associates.

Great footballer after coming over from Wales as a teenager and becoming one of the all time great full backs for the Balmain Tigers. He wasn't a big guy but had plenty of heart and never say die attitude. He was a prolific goal kicker and represented Australia and NSW and becoming the CEO of the Balmain Leagues Club.

The current Tigers will certainly be wearing their black arm band and making things really tough for us on Sunday in respect to the legend Keith Barnes.

Yes RIP. Another reason to keep playing NRL at Leichhardt Oval.

He was an Illawarra junior by the way.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I think there are a few gates before we get there, but its not outrageous that we run Ben @9, kyle 7 and Marschke 6 at some point in the year.. It would only be a last resort... But it is possible.

Ben is a better 9 than no.7 BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY 9. He said it himself that he wants to look after the body, hence not playing 9 for the dragons but happily does it for qld. This is where double standards come in to play with Lomax wanting to play in his preferred position compared to the likes of hunt/bird but getting treated like shit by the club & fans.

Hunt has refused to play 9.

Yes hunt is a rep level player but that isn't at halfback, it's at 9. Yes bird has played rep footy and won a comp but that was nearly 10 years ago.

I would love to see your suggestion but hunt won't put the best needs of the team above his own interests. That is a fact. The only time he's done it when hook was pretty much cooked & as a last resort due to his friendship with hook.

Ben was asked, he admitted himself & we were told by the coaches their would be better balance between Hunt's & Kyles involvement but it has only eventuated for 1 game. That was round 1 v the titans, which we won easily. Since that time Ben has pretty much hogged the footy to the detriment of the team.

The best halfback (Cleary) & team (panthers) in the comp don't have a player that hogs the footy as much as ben hunt.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Ben is a better 9 than no.7 BUT HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY 9. He said it himself that he wants to look after the body, hence not playing 9 for the dragons but happily does it for qld. This is where double standards come in to play with Lomax wanting to play in his preferred position compared to the likes of hunt/bird but getting treated like shit by the club & fans.

Yes hunt is a rep level player but that isn't at halfback, it's at 9. Yes bird has played rep footy and won a comp but that was nearly 10 years ago.

I would love to see your suggestion but hunt won't put the best needs of the team above his own interests. That is a fact. The only time he's done it when hook was pretty much cooked & as a last resort due to his friendship with hook.

Ben was asked, he admitted himself & we were told by the coaches their would be better balance between Hunt's & Kyles involvement but it has only eventuated for 1 game. That was round 1 v the titans, which we won easily. Since that time Ben has pretty much hogged the footy to the detriment of the team.

The best halfback (Cleary) & team (panthers) in the comp don't have a player that hogs the footy as much as ben hunt.
Queensland is 3 games not 26.

TheRev

First Grade

It was premature of me to mention it (I don't want to restart the debate), I just meant to say if things really go to shit this year.. And flanno can't fix it with plan a b c d e.. We do have another halves combination if the coaching team felt strongly enough that we needed change.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Screw it. I'll believe Flanno.

1. Sloan
2. S. Finau
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. F.Molo
9. Liddle
10. JDB
11. Eisenhuth
12. Sua
13. Leilua

14. Marschke
15. Sele
16. Tuitavacke
17. RFM

18. H. Finau

Probs forgot about someone. Imo give a chance to youngsters, let's see who shows something for the future.
- Sloan: no other option since lomax is leaving. Keep pumping experience into him.
- S. Finau: Gives speed & another aerial threat in the backline. We'll need someone who can catch in the air once Lomax leaves.
- Rava: Back to his preferred & more effective wing.
- Leilua & Eisenhuth swapped: I don't rate Leilua defence on the edge & I think we could use his creativity in the middle. Also adds a pov difference with some size/strike with Molo in the middle & JDB to compliment them. Allows JDB to concentrate on defence & quick PTB rather than ball play. Imo we looked better when Eisenhuth played edge.

Bench
Marschke: Rotate with liddle, looks promising.
Sele: A bit of leg speed & quality defence to shore up middle.
Tuitavacke: Give him a go for good performances. Reminds me a bit of Leeson Ah Mau (one of my favs & quality dragons player)
RFM: Good straight line leg speed & size, happy to rotate him with Eisenhuth & Leilua.

denis preston

First Grade
Screw it. I'll believe Flanno.

1. Sloan
2. S. Finau
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. F.Molo
9. Liddle
10. JDB
11. Eisenhuth
12. Sua
13. Leilua

14. Marschke
15. Sele
16. Tuitavacke
17. RFM

18. H. Finau

Probs forgot about someone. Imo give a chance to youngsters, let's see who shows something for the future.
- Sloan: no other option since lomax is leaving. Keep pumping experience into him.
- S. Finau: Gives speed & another aerial threat in the backline. We'll need someone who can catch in the air once Lomax leaves.
- Rava: Back to his preferred & more effective wing.
- Leilua & Eisenhuth swapped: I don't rate Leilua defence on the edge & I think we could use his creativity in the middle. Also adds a pov difference with some size/strike with Molo in the middle & JDB to compliment them. Allows JDB to concentrate on defence & quick PTB rather than ball play. Imo we looked better when Eisenhuth played edge.

Bench
Marschke: Rotate with liddle, looks promising.
Sele: A bit of leg speed & quality defence to shore up middle.
Tuitavacke: Give him a go for good performances. Reminds me a bit of Leeson Ah Mau (one of my favs & quality dragons player)
RFM: Good straight line leg speed & size, happy to rotate him with Eisenhuth & Leilua.
I’d go with that rather than picking non performers.

2010Dragons

Bench
We have already embarrassed ourselves once on national TV, lets hope it doesn't happen again on Sunday.
When the hometown referee hammers the Dragons with consecutive six again infringements, canes them with the dodgy penalties. And the usual imposter Dragons wannbee players commit unforced errors.

When this happens the team just can't mentally get over these roadblocks. Hunt doesn't support and control the young players to stay calm and focus on the game plan.

When the above adversity happen.... I will guarantee you it will be the most embarrassing game of the season.

Plus, now the passing of Kieth Barnes the NRL henchmen will make sure the game is given to the Tigers to win on a platter. It's fairytale outcome channel 9 will want for higher viewer rating. Who remember the 2005 semifinal " fix" debacle which gave the Tigers the grand final win on a platter?

Dragon David

First Grade
When the hometown referee hammers the Dragons with consecutive six again infringements, canes them with the dodgy penalties. And the usual imposter Dragons wannbee players commit unforced errors.

When this happens the team just can't mentally get over these roadblocks. Hunt doesn't support and control the young players to stay calm and focus on the game plan.

When the above adversity happen.... I will guarantee you it will be the most embarrassing game of the season.

Plus, now the passing of Kieth Barnes the NRL henchmen will make sure the game is given to the Tigers to win on a platter. It's fairytale outcome channel 9 will want for higher viewer rating. Who remember the 2005 semifinal " fix" debacle which gave the Tigers the grand final win on a platter?
In a nutshell! That is, you are right on the money with what you say 2010Dragons.

It will be Tigers day on Sunday with the media etc, you can bet on that the blasted things.

Draginzaaar

Bench

So stay back an extra half metre. On the line put one foot on it, I saw them not do this. What, is it too far?

Latest posts