What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

justadragon

Bench
I’m not surprised Belinda sharpe didn’t get a game this week. She doesn’t know the rules of the game.
How can you award try to a player who has burrowed through the middle of the play the ball ruck and then award a try to a player who has ground the ball beyond the dead ball line without checking with bunker video ref?
I could be wrong mate, but I think the try going through the ruck was disallowed, I cant remember the other one, I try to forget those games :)

justadragon

Bench
Yep, both were disallowed but I think 2010Dragons is asking how she didn't go up to the video ref before awarding the try.
I think its not the first time I've seen refs do that, its quite common, and I'm not trying to defend the REF here. I think they award the try knowing full well it will be reviewed and if there is an issue they will call it out, otherwise try confirmed.

Gezza1

Juniors
I think its not the first time I've seen refs do that, its quite common, and I'm not trying to defend the REF here. I think they award the try knowing full well it will be reviewed and if there is an issue they will call it out, otherwise try confirmed.
Yep, I agree it definitely happens to other teams not just us. Belinda Sharpe is just a shit ref in general so I'm happy to give her some stick for it 😂

steerlerbab

Juniors
Yep, I agree it definitely happens to other teams not just us. Belinda Sharpe is just a shit ref in general so I'm happy to give her some stick for it 😂
We had two games under Belinda so far this year and we lost both of them. We will get her few more games this year. It is up our coaching staff to prepare the team for the referee that we get week in week out. For instance, some referees are less likely to pick forward passes. In our game against Manly, several Manly forward passes were not picked up by the referee. Luckily we won. However, I did not see too much complaint from our team.

Gezza1

Juniors
We had two games under Belinda so far this year and we lost both of them. We will get her few more games this year. It is up our coaching staff to prepare the team for the referee that we get week in week out. For instance, some referees are less likely to pick forward passes. In our game against Manly, several Manly forward passes were not picked up by the referee. Luckily we won. However, I did not see too much complaint from our team.
Agree. We need to step up and play well to ensure that the refereeing isn't a factor in deciding the outcome.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Belinda called Birds flick pass forward against the Cows that led to a try and was quick to award forward pass tries to the Cows. If you are a ref and are quick to call forward passes you set the standard and call all of them not just 1 the whole game and let a stack of others go. Most refs call the obvious one forward which is fair but Birds was not obvious as it is how it comes out of the hands not how it travels and the way Bird flicked it was back all the way.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Moses Suli 4. Jack Bird 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Hame Sele 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tom Eisenhuth 14. Jesse Marschke 15. Blake Lawrie 16. Jack de Belin 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 18. Ben Murdoch-Masila 19. Christian Tuipulotu 20. Michael Molo 21. Toby Couchman 22. Mathew Feagai

Lawrie not dropped but benched. Sele to start, JDB bench which is good as he can be more effective coming into the game later. Jack Bird and Rava both included, so really, just Sele coming in and M Molo out. So much for change. I thought that Flanno would be a bit ruthless but I guess he doesn't have much faith in the reserves.

Gezza1

Juniors
Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Zac Lomax 3. Moses Suli 4. Jack Bird 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Ben Hunt 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Hame Sele 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Jaydn Su’A 13. Tom Eisenhuth 14. Jesse Marschke 15. Blake Lawrie 16. Jack de Belin 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 18. Ben Murdoch-Masila 19. Christian Tuipulotu 20. Michael Molo 21. Toby Couchman 22. Mathew Feagai

Lawrie not dropped but benched. Sele to start, JDB bench which is good as he can be more effective coming into the game later. Jack Bird and Rava both included, so really, just Sele coming in and M Molo out. So much for change. I thought that Flanno would be a bit ruthless but I guess he doesn't have much faith in the reserves.
Hopefully some game day changes but not very promising from this list.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Cool…so when the forwards are tired after 20 minutes or so, Flanno can inject Lawrie who can turn the game on its head by offering no impact, and dropping the ball a few times…:(

it’s like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gus said on 100% Footy that coaches hate picking their team lists on Tuesday. They usually finalise it day before the game so I am assuming we may see the changes then. Maybe if he makes too many changes all the journo's will be on his back all week and create some rubbish like he is on the outer with players etc. I get that especially when it comes to Saints. The journo's will make something out of nothing.

Latest posts