What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah gone?

Tiger05

First Grade
It's just searching for some bullshit statistic. Brooks was great against Brisbane. I think it's the best game he has played for us but it had nothing to do with Robbie not being there.

Still I can't wait for Robbie to go and we can spend money on players that are worth that kind of money.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's just searching for some bullshit statistic. Brooks was great against Brisbane. I think it's the best game he has played for us but it had nothing to do with Robbie not being there.

Still I can't wait for Robbie to go and we can spend money on players that are worth that kind of money.

Whats a quality hooker worth these days?

As we know, it's not Farah's fault he is on so much coin at present.

Tiger05

First Grade
Whats a quality hooker worth these days?

As we know, it's not Farah's fault he is on so much coin at present.

I have no idea what a quality hooker is or at least one that plays footy.

I think Robbie is being paid as a marquee player and he isn't. I think Woods is in the same boat. I don't think Woods or Robbie are anywhere near our best players.

Tigerted

Juniors
The way Elijah is going he has swiftly become our 2nd best player behind the sublime one we were happy of gifting to Ricky Stuart a few yrs ago !

Geez we've been lucky recently with the recruiting of 2 players unwanted by there previous clubs in Elijah & Grant.

Tigerm

First Grade
I have no idea what a quality hooker is or at least one that plays footy.

I think Robbie is being paid as a marquee player and he isn't. I think Woods is in the same boat. I don't think Woods or Robbie are anywhere near our best players.

Well, both players you mention are in the SOO team, both have played for Australia, where do you draw the line as to what represents a marquee player.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well, both players you mention are in the SOO team, both have played for Australia, where do you draw the line as to what represents a marquee player.

It's a tough call isn't it. The way I see it Woods and Farah are both now fairly easily replaceable for us. For instance the difference between Woods and Ava isn't much. We also have Felise, Grant and Sue. I think Robbie is probably a fair bit better than Ballin but as far as the impact to our team is concerned maybe the difference isn't that much.

As per the above comments from Tigerted Elijah Taylor is fast looking like our 2nd best player.

I don't think we should judge our players on being selected for rep teams.

simmo1

First Grade
Woods is easily the best of our forwards. Consistently over 150m against all opposition.

lol at "nowhere near our best".

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Woods is easily the best of our forwards. Consistently over 150m against all opposition.

lol at "nowhere near our best".

I don't see it. Yes he makes great metres and he is a quality player but the impact to our team isn't up there with players like Tedesco or now ET and even our halves.

He is much more easily replaced via players like Ava, Grant, Felise & Sue.

Clifferd

Coach
You don't play starting prop for NSW and Australia for no reason. Woods has consistently been our best forward over the years and is now our captain, 2nd best player at the club behind Teddy easy

simmo1

First Grade
I don't see it. Yes he makes great metres and he is a quality player but the impact to our team isn't up there with players like Tedesco or now ET and even our halves.

You can count on your fingers the amount of good games Moses and Brooks have had.

Taylor was a reserve grader a month ago. Whilst he has been impressive so far, lets not forget two of those games have been against rookie packs. Let's see how he goes against the Roosters.

OK, now I know you're trolling.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not trolling. I reckon Woods is a really good player as well. I'm just stating that he is more easily replaceable than other players.

Clifferd

Coach
I know where you're coming from. Yes we win games without Woodsy but he is still very valuable, the guy bleeds Wests Tigers and 100% wants to be here

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

What you want in your props is someone who requires three men to bring him down. Because while two of those men go into marker, the third has to run back to get onside. If the prop gets a quick play the ball, or the third man is slow to get back, you automatically have a gap, or a target to run at to get a penalty.

Woods, Grant and Ava all do this, but Woods does it nearly every time.

When Farah was allowed to run from dummy half a lot more, he would capitalise on these opportunities quite often. It's up to Moses now to see those gaps and run at them with a centre/back rower in tow.

Unfortunately he hasn't been doing this anywhere near enough. Tedesco had been doing it for him, but he should be the third option runner sweeping behind the first two option runners to create the overlap (which he does so damn well)

Tigerm

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/7621beecb9d15e6ea973253fa0cbc944

WESTS Tigers coach Jason Taylor says he won’t be changing his game plan in the face of criticism of how he has utilised Robbie Farah this season.

Taylor’s tactics came under scrutiny during the week when veteran Cronulla rake Michael Ennis said the club wasn’t harnessing the NSW No.9’s creativity.

The Tigers have won just one of seven with Farah on the park this season and been victorious in four of five without him, raising questions about his ability to work with young halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.

Farah will miss the side’s clash with Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Sunday after failing to back up from Wednesday’s State of Origin opener.

Taylor said Ennis’s summation of the change in Farah’s game was fair but wouldn’t be changing tack.

He said the side’s game plan this year centred around Farah passing off the ground to get early ball to Moses and Brooks and fullback James Tedesco, who returns from a shoulder injury against the Roosters.

“We’ve decided on a style of play that allows out halves to get the ball and that’s important,” Taylor said.

“And James Tedesco is the other guy in that combination that we want to get the ball in his hands.

“The way we’re attacking, we comfortable with how that’s working and we’ll keep at it.”

Just dumb arse coaching if you ask me.

Just dumb arse coaching if you ask me.
Agree 100% Tigerm.

To me, it looks as though Taylor has been willing to have different game plans for when Farah plays (that do not as Ennis says utilise his creativity) as opposed to a different game plan when there is a different No 9, not because it is Farah playing for the team but because Farah is playing and Taylor does not want to see him be a winner.

Take today and the fact that Taylor has decided to rest him, the Tigers will hopefully win but Taylor will be happier for that win without Farah being part of it. Cronk, Smith, Thurston, Papalli have backed up and even Woods is backing up today - Taylor uses the concussion issue from his last game prior to SOO as a reason.....oh look Jason, there's a pig flying by :oops:

jadtiger

Juniors
Today will be probably be a day where taylors brain dead coaching may work.The weather is atrocious and a policy of 5 safety first hit ups and a bomb to force an error could be ok.As far as robbie is concerned he worked his rear end off on wed and under the conditions today it is not a bad policy to rest him.I agree with the posters before me that dopey is trying to stop all creativity in robbies game to justify criticism of his game.

Today will be probably be a day where taylors brain dead coaching may work.The weather is atrocious and a policy of 5 safety first hit ups and a bomb to force an error could be ok.As far as robbie is concerned he worked his rear end off on wed and under the conditions today it is not a bad policy to rest him.I agree with the posters before me that dopey is trying to stop all creativity in robbies game to justify criticism of his game.

Unless he changes tact and encourages them to lob the ball around. Wouldn't surprise.

Clifferd

Coach
I think Farah could actually be used in a game like today where it should be heavily defense orientated

Matty will have his work cut out for him