What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

super_coach

First Grade
Rob Lui will turn out to be a very good player. That's why clubs are chasing him. We just need to be patient.

I agree,being playing in team thats been playing busted all year. I will reserve my call to the end of the season, but I think he will be better for the "run" next year

leichhardt

Juniors
HOW LONG ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WAIT?

Would we give this much time to a prop? a fullback? NO WAY!

Then why should we be this patient for arguably the most crucial position?

Be patient?????? Once we are 3/4 through 2012 you will say "let's wait to see him finish the year". 2013 will be the same.

Trying to convince fellow supporters that Lui needs to be dropped is like trying to convince an addicted gambler to stop. So many losses which are quickly forgotten when there's a small win.
Face reality folks. A poker machine has potential for massive payout too. Cut your losses now!

Lui may indeed turn out to be a fair halfback, but he needs practice, practice in reserve grade - that's what it's for, not first grade.

DanOz

Juniors
HOW LONG ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WAIT?

Would we give this much time to a prop? a fullback? NO WAY!

Then why should we be this patient for arguably the most crucial position?

Be patient?????? Once we are 3/4 through 2012 you will say "let's wait to see him finish the year". 2013 will be the same.

Trying to convince fellow supporters that Lui needs to be dropped is like trying to convince an addicted gambler to stop. So many losses which are quickly forgotten when there's a small win.
Face reality folks. A poker machine has potential for massive payout too. Cut your losses now!

Lui may indeed turn out to be a fair halfback, but he needs practice, practice in reserve grade - that's what it's for, not first grade.
Well said.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We should be patient because there is talent there, and the comp is not exactly brimming with quality young halfbacks. Quite the opposite in fact.

Tigerm

First Grade
We should be patient because there is talent there, and the comp is not exactly brimming with quality young halfbacks. Quite the opposite in fact.
I guess we don't have much choice, I don't think bringing Miller up fulltime, so early will really help the kid, but as Leichhardt said & has been said many times on this forum, FG is not the place to be learning your trade. We should have brought someone, till Lui or Miller is ready.

TBH I am more worried about his attack skills at present, (he is not there for his defence, but you can't let them run past you either), though I have missed the last 2 games, have they improved?

But, perhaps finding a way to protect him in the line would help & give him confidence? He must know he is less than ordinary at times & it should be playing on his mind? Better players than him, have had on-field minders.

Tigerm

First Grade
Question???

Do you now risk the season, by dropping RL or finding his replacement?

Agree he is not best choice, but what is our alternative, especially now running in to the the semi's?????

R2Coupe

Juniors
Lui had a good game and his uncanny ability to read the game and make consistent line breaks is a huge asset. Defence can be taught and you only have to look at Ettinghausen and Marshall to know this fact.

macnaz

Staff member
Question???

Do you now risk the season, by dropping RL or finding his replacement?

Agree he is not best choice, but what is our alternative, especially now running in to the the semi's?????
A good question , i guess its getting a bit late to replace him now, altho its a good time to piss Moltzen off from FB , he is shithouse there! He really has to go :(

macnaz

Staff member
Lui had a good game and his uncanny ability to read the game and make consistent line breaks is a huge asset. Defence can be taught and you only have to look at Ettinghausen and Marshall to know this fact.
STOP TALKING BS... he had a good game my arse, he ran at a hole ONCE and scored and thats f**king it !!!

R2Coupe

Juniors
The fact is he will be there next week and rated by the people who matter and also other clubs. Lui is an integral part of the team and his presence will be vital to the team's chances this year. Better get used to him being in the team for a long time.

Tigerm

First Grade
I guess It boils down to what you need, an attacking half or an defensive half, I would think with out current team, a defensive half would be be more benefical, than an attacking one? tho all can be used at some stage???

macnaz

Staff member
The fact is he will be there next week and rated by the people who matter and also other clubs. Lui is an integral part of the team and his presence will be vital to the team's chances this year. Better get used to him being in the team for a long time.
I am not debating wether he will be there next week or what other clubs think!! What i am debating is WHY u said he had a GOOD game when he was f**king average as usual... Also ill ask you again , what is your connection with the WT's club ?? as you come here and offer nothing except Positive spin on anything and everything Tim sheens and the club does, NO ONE can find this club 100% perfect , so whats the story behind u always being able to ?:?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
A good question , i guess its getting a bit late to replace him now, altho its a good time to piss Moltzen off from FB , he is shithouse there! He really has to go :(
Agree that Molz is struggling s a FB, he didn't do much tonight to keep the faith, not sure what the drags see in him???

Vicious

Bench
I am not debating wether he will be there next week or what other clubs think!! What i am debating is WHY u said he had a GOOD game when he was f**king average as usual... Also ill ask you again , what is your connection with the WT's club ?? as you come here and offer nothing except Positive spin on anything and everything Tim sheens and the club does, NO ONE can find this club 100% perfect , so whats the story behind u always seem to aye ?:?

TWO clean line breaks including one that resulted in a try against one of the best defensive teams in the NRL isn`t a bad attacking game in my book?

Yes he again was a weakness in defence, I`m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, as Phil Gould eluded to he has been down on confidence, contributing to a good win tonight might just be what he needs to lift his confidence for the rest of the season.

macnaz

Staff member
TWO clean line breaks including one that resulted in a try against one of the best defensive teams in the NRL isn`t a bad attacking game in my book?

Yes he again was a weakness in defence, I`m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, as Phil Gould eluded to he has been down on confidence, contributing to a good win tonight might just be what he needs to lift his confidence for the rest of the season.
sorry Vicious, the confidence thing is wearing a bit thin with me , he has had plenty of time to gain it.