What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

Vicious

Bench
sorry Vicious, the confidence thing is wearing a bit thin with me , he has had plenty of time to gain it.

When a young footballer loses confidence it`s not something that just returns over night, it takes time.
We`re coming good at the right time and Lui will too, do yourself a favour and get GF tickets real fast if you haven`t already done so!

R2Coupe

Juniors
It was the big name players who made the breaks tonight. Marshall, Farah and there was Lui with two. In a big game against one of the benchmark teams renowned for its brutal defence.

There is enough negative spin on this forum I don't need to add to it.

Tigerm

First Grade
When a young footballer loses confidence it`s not something that just returns over night, it takes time.
We`re coming good at the right time and Lui will too, do yourself a favour and get GF tickets real fast if you haven`t already done so!
I tended to agree with this issue on Moltzen, but it is now a few weeks out from the end, I still grade him as reasonable, but not first choice, with McKinnon's injuries, lets hope he lifts for his last year, it can't help his pay packet?

Tigerm

First Grade
It was the big name players who made the breaks tonight. Marshall, Farah and there was Lui with two. In a big game against one of the benchmark teams renowned for its brutal defence.

There is enough negative spin on this forum I don't need to add to it.
Sorry R2, but highlighting 2 x breaks for Lui is not doing him any favours IMO?
Negative spin? WE HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING?
Great win tonight, but WTF!
Identify yourself, or let the team/Club be judged accordingly (it's only a forum), from the outside, without club bullshit?

R2Coupe

Juniors
I am a supporter just like you and the others on this forum.

Lui is a great talent and will be a better player next year.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Probably the better question is would you give this year up without him?

I believe he is integral to the team's chances. As the form of the team lifts, I expect his will. Sterling also made comment about his form.

westie

Bench
He was disgraceful. He's actually the worst defender I have ever seen in FG. I'm not even piss-taking when I say there's been better defence in my back yard. He made Shane f**king Rodney look good FFS. Moltzen is just as bad. His efforts tonight were nothing short of cowardly. I'm happy to use that word, with it's full implications, just as many others on here have. I used to be in the camp where I wouldn't question any FG footballer's courage, but these two have blown that away.

I wouldn't mind if they were like Benji or Lawrence who had no idea what they were doing as long as, like those two, they made attempts. Neither are going to improve their defence if they don't even try to stand in front of the attacker. It's actually ridiculous. Benji dislocated his shoulders time and again showing he had the balls to play FG.

Moltzen simply refuses to risk being tackled. The one time he had no one to throw a hospital ball to, he was pumped back into the in goal. The only reason we got a penalty was because he was so impotent they didn't know when to stop belting him. How long until he ruins someone else's career.

They are literally just support players. They'll only run the ball if there's a gap created for them. They're good at it, but if you want a touch footy player, go and get a good one.

How many times did Lui even touch the ball? He was like a lost little boy out there not knowing his role in the team. That's not good enough for someone who has been afforded so much time in FG.

Thankfully Sheens has recognised how vulnerable he is and moved him mid-game. Ellis can help him more than Fulton, but our right side will remain diabolical.

leoc

Juniors
Just to add to the line breaks that Lui is being measured by, Woods got one and so did Galloway. All of a sudden, Lui's line breaks aren't that great are they??

Us winning just covers up Lui's hopelessness.

He is a turnstile in defense and an outside centre in attack.

He offers nil, nothing, zip, nada.

Count how many times he handles the ball in our come from behind role.

Benji is our 6 and 7 and our everything, Lui is a passenger, I was there tonight and watched him closely.

He is atrocious.

Vicious

Bench
You blokes dead set wouldn`t smile if you won Lotto.
We`ve just played a great second half and beaten the form side of the NRL and you just want the bag players instead of looking at the positives?
We should have won the comp last season with Lui at 7 and he made a very valuable contribution throughout the finals series, no reason why we can`t win the comp this season with Lui at 7.

You blokes dead set wouldn`t smile if you won Lotto.
We`ve just played a great second half and beaten the form side of the NRL and you just want the bag players instead of looking at the positives?
We should have won the comp last season with Lui at 7 and he made a very valuable contribution throughout the finals series, no reason why we can`t win the comp this season with Lui at 7.

Vicious, make no mistake I was ecstatic and all the Tigers fans were too, it was a bloody super spirited win.

We can win the comp, because we have strike weapons that do crazy things and yes we should have bloody won the comp last year, it still kills me.

If we win the comp I will buy you 26 beers and I will buy R. Lui the same.

chunk

Juniors
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but its obvious that Lui has talent and should be perservered with....simple.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Lui has some deficiencies but I feel that some of his critics are way overdoing it. He's not that bad. He has some talent. It must be difficult to be a controlling half when you have Benji calling for the ball & Robbie putting on his plays all the time. Basically, i think he is struggling to adjust to first grade & struggling to find his place in the team structure. He'll probably either burn out, realise he's not suited to first grade & retire; or he'll get used to it and be a really good half.

To all of the peeple that are supporting Lui... Please watch a replay of the Manly game (or actually just about any game this year) and keep your eye on Lui at all times...especially in defence. If you guys know anything about rugby league, and still think that Lui deserves his spot in first grade...then....well i don't know, you must me Lui's mum or something.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Most recognise Rob Lui needs to improve his defence. But the discerning eye will recognise his offensive talent outweights this deficiency in his game.

N.C.

Juniors
To all of the peeple that are supporting Lui... Please watch a replay of the Manly game (or actually just about any game this year) and keep your eye on Lui at all times...especially in defence. If you guys know anything about rugby league, and still think that Lui deserves his spot in first grade...then....well i don't know, you must me Lui's mum or something.
Okay - hands up who 'round here doesn't know anything about rugby league then... Come on - show yourselves!