What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

Okay - hands up who 'round here doesn't know anything about rugby league then... Come on - show yourselves!

What i'm saying, smart arse, is if you are supporting that Lui deserves a place in FG, then you havent been keeping an eye on him (not when he just gets the ball and hits the gap), or you simply know nothing about footy.. In other words....watch the f**king hack play and watch him look like a virgin in a brothel...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
When his attack scores more points than it concedes, I'll happily drop the criticisms of him.

But that has only happened maybe three times in his career.

FFS last night Moltzen made Lui look like a shithouse defender. Lui even fell off tackles when there were two players already tackling the ball carrier.

This is not just a technique issue.

He has no heart. No balls, No courage.

He's scared. He's fearful. He's a f**king softcock whimp.

People can bang on about other poor defenders in the game that are halves, but the point we've all been making is that Lui DOES NOT EVEN f**kING BOTHER TRYING TO MAKE TACKLES

Every other half in the game has a crack, even Sandow the Turnstile.

I'd rather Lui got dropped. If he has no confidence after 36 NRL games in just over 2 years, then he'll never have any.

Is it possible for someone with a bit of time on their hands and the know how to make a highlight reel of lui's missed tackles...??? Just from one or two games will be ok.. Would be good for a laugh..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
shouldn't be hard, just get highlight reels for each tigers game and just look at all the tries we've conceeded.

He'll be in a heap of them.

tumblingdice

Juniors
From the WT website..Rob Lui is anointed the Bad Boy lol

The Bad Boy
While his game has grown significantly in the halfback role in 2011, Rob Lui has struggled in defence so far, leading the club for missed tackles, along with making 20 errors. If his work in defence improves, he could be the Tigers halfback for some time to come.

Stats Leaders
Top tryscorer – Benji Marshall and Blake Ayshford (8)
Top tackler – Robbie Farah (656 & 34.5 per game)
Most missed tackles – Robert Lui (68 & 4.2 per game)
Top line breaks – Benji Marshall & Robert Lui (11)
Top offloads – Chris Heighington (31)
Penalties conceded – Chris Heighington (14)
Top try assists – Benji Marshall (20)
Most metres – Chris Heighington (2066) & Wade McKinnon (126.5 per game)
Tackle busts – Andrew Fifita (75)
Errors made – Benji Marshall (34)

I am a fan of his to some degree -and at least they recognise this and hopefully he is getting bashed at training.

From the WT website..Rob Lui is anointed the Bad Boy lol

The Bad Boy
While his game has grown significantly in the halfback role in 2011, Rob Lui has struggled in defence so far, leading the club for missed tackles, along with making 20 errors. If his work in defence improves, he could be the Tigers halfback for some time to come.

Stats Leaders
Top tryscorer – Benji Marshall and Blake Ayshford (8)
Top tackler – Robbie Farah (656 & 34.5 per game)
Most missed tackles – Robert Lui (68 & 4.2 per game)
Top line breaks – Benji Marshall & Robert Lui (11)
Top offloads – Chris Heighington (31)
Penalties conceded – Chris Heighington (14)
Top try assists – Benji Marshall (20)
Most metres – Chris Heighington (2066) & Wade McKinnon (126.5 per game)
Tackle busts – Andrew Fifita (75)
Errors made – Benji Marshall (34)

I am a fan of his to some degree -and at least they recognise this and hopefully he is getting bashed at training.

Only 4.2 per game?? I guess half arsed attempts aren't included as missed tackles...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon you could be generous and add an exta 3 missed tackles per game where he has ensured he's out of position to avoid making a tackle.

taking him up to 125 missed tackles - seems far more accurate now.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a rumour going around that the Titans are going to announce today that they have signed Lui for 3 years.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it appears the Titans will be announcing that Preston Campbell will retire at the end of the year.

Tiger05

First Grade
His defence was good and he didn't stuff anything in attack.

I think he is the best option at 7 however he has been doing everything to prove me wrong. Good to see a solid performance tonight.

DanOz

Juniors
Thought he went OK tonight, both attack & defence?
FFS, he kicked for the 1st time in the 30th minute, then again in the 60th, and aside from that Farah had to drop out of position and do his job as playmaker so often I am not sure why he was even on the field.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
FFS, he kicked for the 1st time in the 30th minute, then again in the 60th, and aside from that Farah had to drop out of position and do his job as playmaker so often I am not sure why he was even on the field.

:roll:

Can't even give the guy credit for a good game, you're a joke.

spearby

Juniors
gee give the poor guy a break he played a very good game last night and some people want to rubbish him what do you want him to do