What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
To point out to Danoz with his over the top comments no one is perfect and we are human after all.

Perhaps we should wait and see what happens.

Robbie Farah has stuck by Rob Lui and demonstrated leadership. I have full confidence in our CEO to deal with the issue.

Over the top?

You're comparing the alleged bashing of a woman, to a username on the internet referring to lui's partner as his missus.

The only thing over the top is your criticism of a word and defence of someone who allegedly bashed his partner.

Last edited:

The Gambler

Juniors
I'd say theyre just playing it safe, not jumping the gun.
Wouldnt be surprised though if we hung on to him if he dont do a stretch....reading Humpty the other day on the topic I got a feeling this may be the case.

Theres a member on here - tigers fan - lives in Surry Hills , this you R2Coupe?
I completely agree that they are playing it safe. But there seems to be little argument that Lui has *allegedly* assaulted his partner...Now this should definitely be an offence that a club would have no hesitation in terminating a contract over - but only if they believed they could jag a better option.

It really seems the Tigers see Lui as the future - and they want to do everything possible to make sure he stays a Tiger - even if it means sweeping another *alleged* domestic assault under the carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench
The Gambler said:
I completely agree that they are playing it safe. But there seems to be little argument that Lui has *allegedly* assaulted his partner...Now this should definitely be an offence that a club would have no hesitation in terminating a contract over - but only if they believed they could jag a better option.

It really seems the Tigers see Lui as the future - and they want to do everything possible to make sure he stays a Tiger - even if it means sweeping another *alleged* domestic assault under the carpet.

I certainly hope not, *allegedly* beating your wife/partner twice in 2 years,is not on,I don't care how good they think he is,out the door old mate,and don't come back.

If he is found not guilty again, do we have a leg to stand on legally if we sack him? I do agree that we will probably hold onto him if we can, otherwise we probably could have sacked him when he played in the indigenous football carnival a few weeks back without the club's permission. However I think the club is trying to not do a Canberra (with Carney)/Cronulla (with Bird), by letting him go and he finds a club elsewhere. In that situation we become the big losers in the whole ordeal. I think if Robert Lui plays in the NRL next year, he will play for the Tigers (the question is will he play in the NRL or not).

R2Coupe

Juniors
~Stand by an alleged wife beater, just dont call her the Mrs - you are a tool.

Stand by Rob Lui, his partner and child. Achieve best outcome for family whether apart or together.

PS. weren't you the forum member who stated John Morris was a better half than Rob Lui?:lol:

Last edited:

R2Coupe

Juniors
Over the top?

You're comparing the alleged bashing of a woman, to a username on the internet referring to lui's partner as his missus.

The only thing over the top is your criticism of a word and defence of someone who allegedly bashed his partner.

Criticism is something this username should be comfortable with. He has form on Lui

icon1.gif
Re: Rob Lui...Mad Monday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOz
Bye Bye speed hump.

You're one of those clowns who said he can't tackle and can't play.

You know nothing about the game so Lui's sacking is the only way to justify (in your eyes only) that you were right all along.

You are scared that he was starting to come good and has shut d#ckheads like you up ..The only boots you have laced are that of the high heel variety.

Get a life and grow up.

DanOz

Juniors
Criticism is something this username should be comfortable with. He has form on Lui

icon1.gif
Re: Rob Lui...Mad Monday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOz
Bye Bye speed hump.

You're one of those clowns who said he can't tackle and can't play.

You know nothing about the game so Lui's sacking is the only way to justify (in your eyes only) that you were right all along.

You are scared that he was starting to come good and has shut d#ckheads like you up ..The only boots you have laced are that of the high heel variety.

Get a life and grow up.

Your attempts to focus this on me are sad and pathetic - yes I wanted lui gone the 1st time he allegedly did it, and I think he has more than justified my desire by allegedly bashing her a 2nd time. You on the other hand can continue to support domestic violence offenders while defending the sensibilities of political correctness - you truly are a tosser.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coupe thats bullshit. I even freely admitted several times that lui's defence and game had improved massively since fulton was shifted to defend nexr to him. So you can take that bullshit assumption and shove it back your arse where you pulled it from

R2Coupe

Juniors
Your attempts to focus this on me are sad and pathetic - yes I wanted lui gone the 1st time he allegedly did it, and I think he has more than justified my desire by allegedly bashing her a 2nd time. You on the other hand can continue to support domestic violence offenders while defending the sensibilities of political correctness - you truly are a tosser.

Read my comments in full before you attempt to take the debate to where you feel most comfortable, the gutter. No where have I ever said I support domestic violence or violence against women. Your suggestion is repugnant and reflects on your inability to construct an argument. As I have said previously, you are in capable of building a case to convince me of anything.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Coupe thats bullshit. I even freely admitted several times that lui's defence and game had improved massively since fulton was shifted to defend nexr to him. So you can take that bullshit assumption and shove it back your arse where you pulled it from

MU, I realise my stance is unpopular and am prepared to cop what comes with it. However to support Lui and his family I believe is the correct stance for the Club to take. IMHO it will result in the best outcome for the entire family.

I have just informed this Danoz character hiding behind the anonymity of his computer the suggestion I support violence against women to be repugnant. I don't want this to drop to gutter level and hope we can continue the debate.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MU, I realise my stance is unpopular and am prepared to cop what comes with it. However to support Lui and his family I believe is the correct stance for the Club to take. IMHO it will result in the best outcome for the entire family.

I have just informed this Danoz character hiding behind the anonymity of his computer the suggestion I support violence against women to be repugnant. I don't want this to drop to gutter level and hope we can continue the debate.
that may be the case and I can appreciate that, but to try assume one thing about me, when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary is stupid on your behalf.

I never called for Lui to be sacked because of his on field performances, I even recall suggesting him play in NSW Cup for a season first to work out his defence issues.

But this alleged behaviour is deplorable.

Yes, the best outcome for his family is for him to be able to support them financially. But in all honesty, a better outcome would be for him to be a decent human being to start with and if he can't do that in the family oriented and highly respected and respectful surroundings that the Wests Tigers currently has, then it's not going to happen at any other club.

He has issues much bigger than any qualm I've ever raised about his on-field play. He needs to go away from the game, sort himself out and then come back.

The Tigers shouldn't be paying him for this time, as it can almost be seen as rewarding the behaviour in the eyes of the alleged attacker. Standing him down, after the season has finished, is barely any form of punnishment. Cutting off his source of income for a short period of time is likely to have a bigger effect. If that affects his partner and their child, well maybe that will be the short sharp lesson he needs to suffer through to learn his lesson.

Rehabilitation is a wank, these second set of allegations for the exact same crime against Lui, is clear evidence of that.

His partner and their child have other family they can go to, who will be able to support them in the short term. As far as I see, her welfare is more important than Lui's bank account.

Fingerbang

Bench
highly respected and respectful surroundings that the Wests Tigers currently has
Currently has.....or used to have?

The Moltzengate affair certainly doesn't support your belief. Just because you say it doesn't mean it is true.....ask bm.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats mind numbingly stupid.

One is a contractual issue, sure the tigers don't look real good over it, but it has absolutely no effect on the strong family image and feel at and around the club, you f**king moron.

Bench
that may be the case and I can appreciate that, but to try assume one thing about me, when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary is stupid on your behalf.

I never called for Lui to be sacked because of his on field performances, I even recall suggesting him play in NSW Cup for a season first to work out his defence issues.

Yes, the best outcome for his family is for him to be able to support them financially. But in all honesty, a better outcome would be for him to be a decent human being to start with and if he can't do that in the family oriented and highly respected and respectful surroundings that the Wests Tigers currently has, then it's not going to happen at any other club.

He has issues much bigger than any qualm I've ever raised about his on-field play. He needs to go away from the game, sort himself out and then come back.

The Tigers shouldn't be paying him for this time, as it can almost be seen as rewarding the behaviour in the eyes of the alleged attacker. Standing him down, after the season has finished, is barely any form of punnishment. Cutting off his source of income for a short period of time is likely to have a bigger effect. If that affects his partner and their child, well maybe that will be the short sharp lesson he needs to suffer through to learn his lesson.

Rehabilitation is a wank, these second set of allegations for the exact same crime against Lui, is clear evidence of that.

His partner and their child have other family they can go to, who will be able to support them in the short term. As far as I see, her welfare is more important than Lui's bank account.
I totally agree MU,we can't condone this type of behaviour,let alone 2 years running,he needs to be punted ASAP,and his family need the looking after,not Mr LUI.

R2Coupe

Juniors

A good response and I appreciate where you are coming from with this issue.

We have some outstanding footballers and human beings at the Tigers. One would think Ellis, Blair and Farah should be able to pull him aside and advise him at 21 he has the world at his feet. These are issues he can fix and as a wise teacher once said to me, the same mistake once or twice can be accepted but the third time you just don't want to change.

I am confident our CEO will sought this out.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Less serious mistakes yes, but this sort of alleged incident isn't something anyone, rich, poor or whatever should ever get any mroe than 1 chance to learn from.

When you are harming yourself, I can accept 2 chances.

When you are harming someone else, no chances.

Latest posts