What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

R2Coupe

Juniors
Respect, trust and love.

I'd hate to think any woman felt she was owned by her husband, partner or boyfriend.

DanOz

Juniors
Respect, trust and love.

I'd hate to think any woman felt she was owned by her husband, partner or boyfriend.

But if on the other hand if she was allegedly bashed by her husband we should support him - you really do reveal yourself...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench
But if on the other hand if she was allegedly bashed by her husband we should support him - you really do reveal yourself...
I don't get it either,Lui has no place at our club.

Bang

Juniors
I don't get it either,Lui has no place at our club.

He should have no place at any club. Allegedly Hitting a woman is a disgrace. Taking out all your frustrations and failings on a person you feel you have under your control because you cant deal with them yourself is a disgrace. Lui needs to get help as does the woman involved in this situation but Lui needs to do this away from Rugby League.

R2Coupe

Juniors
But if on the other hand is she was *allegedly* bashed by her husband we should support him - you really do reveal yourself...

Revealing in the fact I want the best outcome for all parties. That is best achieved while Rob Lui is employed and can financially support his family. Whether this is together or apart is one of the many decisions the couple will need to make.

I raised the issue of "Mrs" as you are so quick to condemn yet are blindly oblivious to the fact "Mrs" is blatantly sexist for the reasons previously stated.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
its not blatantly sexist though.

Furthermore, referring to a woman is nowhere near as bad as hitting a woman. The fact you are persuing that argument is nonsensical at best

The Gambler

Juniors
The interesting thing about all this is the fact that the Tiger's didn't get rid of him straight away.

It is quite obvious they are trying their best to keep him.

R2Coupe

Juniors
its not blatantly sexist though.

Furthermore, referring to a woman is nowhere near as bad as hitting a woman. The fact you are persuing that argument is nonsensical at best

I have never thought of these issues in terms of whether one is worse than the other.

The interesting thing about all this is the fact that the Tiger's didn't get rid of him straight away.

I'm leaning towards thinking they don't want to predudice an ongoing court case by levelling guilt at him before the case has been heard.

If he is somehow found innocent it would leave the club open to be sued.

I hope that's the case.

I can accept someone makes a mistake once, even hitting a woman, like Lui allegedly did, but not twice.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can accept someone makes a mistake once, even hitting a woman, like Lui did, but not twice.

I could accept it if it didn't sound so bad. It doesn't sound like a little slap (sorry not to be politically correct) it sounds like a proper beat down.

innsaneink

Referee

I'd say theyre just playing it safe, not jumping the gun.
Wouldnt be surprised though if we hung on to him if he dont do a stretch....reading Humpty the other day on the topic I got a feeling this may be the case.

Theres a member on here - tigers fan - lives in Surry Hills , this you R2Coupe?

R2Coupe

Juniors
I'd say theyre just playing it safe, not jumping the gun.
Wouldnt be surprised though if we hung on to him if he dont do a stretch....reading Humpty the other day on the topic I got a feeling this may be the case.

Theres a member on here - tigers fan - lives in Surry Hills , this you R2Coupe?

No Ink not me. I live in the Shire.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Yet you consciously raised the issue.

To point out to Danoz with his over the top comments no one is perfect and we are human after all.

Perhaps we should wait and see what happens.

Robbie Farah has stuck by Rob Lui and demonstrated leadership. I have full confidence in our CEO to deal with the issue.

Latest posts