What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

R2Coupe

Juniors
The family is best taken care of by a man who allegedly beats his wife? You are a moron.

I hope with can have mature debate without the need for derogatory comments. Really, if you have to resort to that your case is not that strong.

Anyway, support is financial support for his family. Decisions need to be made for both parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
Throw him in a police cell with a guy twice his size Lock the door and turn the cameras off And tell the big monster to do to Lui what he allegedly did to his wife

Then tell Lui everytime he even thinks about hitting a woman That the same thing will happen again but twice as bad

Might sound brutal but he would learn his lesson big time

DanOz

Juniors
I hope with can have mature debate without the need for derogatory comments. Really, if you have to resort to that your case is not that strong.

Anyway, support is financial support for his family. Decisions need to be made for both parties.
"The strength of my case" - it is simply my opinion that Lui is a grub, I would be happier without him in my team, his Mrs would be happier without him allegedly bashing her, and you are a moron - all of which I stand by unreservedly without trying to convince you of anything.

R2Coupe

Juniors
You are incapable of building any case to convince me of anything.

Secondly, your description of Rob Lui's partner Taleah as being a "Mrs" clearly identifies you as being insensitive. You may not know but referring to a woman as a "Mrs" can be construed to be sexist. My wife would be appalled to be desribed in this way, even more so by someone like you.

Borat.

Juniors
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH LOLS!!!!!

R2Coupe your misses must be seriously high maintenance - and I bet she has you by the balls...

Sexiest ....Appalled to describe someone in writing by their conventional title!!!!!!

They are married - hate to break it to you but calling a married woman Mrs is correct in every sense ....ohhh and BTW your partner has a massive chip on her shoulder ..

R2Coupe

Juniors
I will note you all down as candidates for sensitivity workshops.:D

Women are not chattels and referring to a woman as a "Mrs" can be construed as being sexist. This is quite different to referring to a married lady as Mrs X.

As far as I know, Rob Lui and his partner are not married.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade

Women are not chattels and referring to a woman as a "Mrs" can be construed as being sexist. This is quite different to referring to a married lady as Mrs X.

It can also merely be classed as a colloquialism which has been part of the accepted vernacular for many, many years.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

It was a term of respect not more than a hundred years ago.

I refer to my fiancee as my missus, she has no problems with it.

Maybe thats because she actually likes being associated as my missus.

Furthermore, how can you get all uppity over a few forummers referring to Lui's partner as Rob's 'missus', but are all defensive of Lui and think he deserves another chance and we should do everything to help him out?

If that's not the most warped hypocrisy ever, I don't know what is!

R2Coupe

Juniors
It may have been accepted in the past but does that make it right?

In the context of attempting to take the moral high ground on alledged domestic violence, the use of it is ironic and underlines a naivety about sexism.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, please enlighten me, how can calling a woman 'missus' be derogatory to women?

gronkathon

First Grade
It is common, especially in indigenous Australian vernacular for the terms missus and fella to be used prefixed by my. It doesn't signify ownership but more endearment in the contexts I have heard it used.

But really whatever helps you sleep at night

N.C.

Juniors
Well considering that My Mr is a phrase akin to a grammatical car crash ...
Why is that, do you think?

... the substitution of man is acceptable
Evidently this 'acceptance' is not universal.

Your answer has me worried that you've not even thought about the question.

The question stands.

gronkathon

First Grade
Why is that, do you think?

Evidently this 'acceptance' is not universal.

Your answer has me worried that you've not even thought about the question.

The question stands.

Easy. Because grammar has rules to follow and it does not follow in that.

Universal acceptance rarely, if ever, exists

In terms of the structure I have put in place. Man is to Mrs and Mr is to Ma'am as mister applies regardless of relationship status as can Ma'am

Latest posts