What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roberts at 5/8

yy_cheng

Coach
I listened to Ando on ABC on the way home. He said that Roberts was hot tonight but it's consistency (with he and Sandow) that marr their games. He said that it is the biggest challenge that SK has for 2012.

I think SK has bigger problems that just that

In the big pressure games and when the pressure is on Roberts, defence is in his face all game, if he can get through a few of those games without loosing his marbles, without cracking up, he'll then be the true 5/8 we've been looking for a very long time. Though he played a great game tonight, definately MOM, I'll wait until he helps to win us 4 to 6 important big pressure games later on this season before getting too excited. Losing the games that matter or winning them is where it ALL counts.

Tbf if being 0-4, having coins chucked at you and being booed off the field the week before isn't big pressure what is?

I think his attack has been as good as any of our players all season. His defense at times has been poor when he has been isolated though.

Parra Pride

Coach
In the big pressure games and when the pressure is on Roberts, defence is in his face all game, if he can get through a few of those games without loosing his marbles, without cracking up, he'll then be the true 5/8 we've been looking for a very long time. Though he played a great game tonight, definately MOM, I'll wait until he helps to win us 4 to 6 important big pressure games later on this season before getting too excited. Losing the games that matter or winning them is where it ALL counts.

Be fair, we were down by 2 and Manly were starting to get on the front foot and then who stood up and made the break resulting in a Hayne try to gives us the lead?

#BenRoberts

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Tbf if being 0-4, having coins chucked at you and being booed off the field the week before isn't big pressure what is?

I think his attack has been as good as any of our players all season. His defense at times has been poor when he has been isolated though.

Be fair, we were down by 2 and Manly were starting to get on the front foot and then who stood up and made the break resulting in a Hayne try to gives us the lead?

#BenRoberts

Agreed, but lets see his consistency over the rest of this season before we get too ahead of ourselves. Like I said last year and this year, he can be suspect in big games under pressure. I thouroughly enjoyed watching his electrifying game tonight. More more more please Benny..

yy_cheng

Coach
Alot of credit should go to Stevo too. He's been under the pump this week.

Well Yes. He learnt that the structures need to be flexible.

He was willing to bench hindmarsh.

I still don't get the casey/mk thing on at the same time.

It really adds nothing.

If he wanted casey, replace Morgan

hindy111

Post Whore
only areas i can fault him is that horrible pass he threw that let manly back into the game and also that kck on the third at the start of the second half...
The rest of his game was great....
SAndow was ordinary tonight

natheel

Coach
apart from that 1 pass, Roberts played very well. He sandow and hayne will combine well i feel.

For ben i think it's a case of being believed in for him to perform, SK has given him the 6 jersey and will stick with him Roberts will respond to this well. When he was at the dogs if h had one bad game he was out on his arse with Kevvy Moore.

Good running game tonight

Captain BF

Juniors
I think Roberts has been playing pretty well all season so far. With the exception of a 20 minute period during the Cowboys game where he was steamrolled in defence by the machine that is Jason Taumololololololo.

I never realised how quick Roberts is.

MrT

Juniors
Roberts got Players Player.

Jodeci, Bay 47 must have been speechless after his performance tonight.

We can only hope Hayne gets fit soon so he can really fire with the halves.
If all 3 of them fire, lookout!!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Cherry evans and Foran are over rated IMO-Not worth the big $$ they are getting.
How ever they did win a title.There both 7/10 players nothing more nothing less

Parra Pride

Coach
Jodeci, Bay 47 must have been speechless after his performance tonight.

We can only hope Hayne gets fit soon so he can really fire with the halves.
If all 3 of them fire, lookout!!!

If Sandow, Roberts and Hayne all fire on a consistent we could rack up some massive scores (though if we don't fix that right side defense we will continue to leak a few tries).

#KapowSandow #HaynePlane #IDon'tHaveANicknameForRoberts

Captain BF

Juniors
Cherry evans and Foran are over rated IMO-Not worth the big $$ they are getting.
Are you serious? I reckon that they are in the top couple of halves combinations in the game at present. As for last season, they were fantastic.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Agree. Neither of them are great players (yet) - they're both just good players in a great team.

They're young though, and both still have some improvement in them.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Foran's better, has class about it.

I'm still very undecided on DCE. DCE is a bit like Tim Smith but 100% more consistent. He has trick shots. He will need to evolve his game a bit.

Latest posts