What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roberts at 5/8

SDM

First Grade
In reply to all my apparent fans on here who are clearly more interested in coming up with some sort of derogatory comment to me than making a constructive football-related comment.....I was more than happy to congratulate Roberts in this and other threads for his good game - single game.....

Roberts has always had the ability to have the occasional blinder. Credit where credit is due, he had a good game, well done!!!! But as I, and several others, have pointed out Roberts' biggest weakness is his inconsistency - can he back it up for 2, 4, 8 games, even a full season?? That is yet to be answered.

Roberts had a good, solid game and was dangerous running the ball and creating with the ball. But let's not anoint him as Ben Kenny just yet. Its one game people. Also, I am happy for him to prove me wrong, but he needs to prove me and plenty of other people wrong on a consistent basis before we start preparing the Ben Roberts statue next to Ray Price's ffs!!!!

Some of you are acting like he is Brett Kenny, Wally Lewis, Laurie Daley and Darren Lockyer melded together into one almighty, all-conquering uber-5/8 - all off the back of 1 GOOD GAME for Parra.....?!?!?

Really? Who?

SDM

First Grade
lol at SDM showing us a picture of his/her/it's latest conquest in his signature :lol:
i mean I know they say there are plenty more fish in the sea SDM, but come on....even you can have standards??

Do you know if there is actually fish in a fillet of fish?

True EEL

Bench
Really? Who?

some posters have been posting along the lines of: Roberts is the long-lost player we have been looking for at 5/8 and that we have never had such a player at 5/8 for soooooo long, etc....go back and read some of the posts in this and other threads......

Suitman

Post Whore
some posters have been posting along the lines of: Roberts is the long-lost player we have been looking for at 5/8 and that we have never had such a player at 5/8 for soooooo long, etc....go back and read some of the posts in this and other threads......

And others have said he's not the answer.
You go back and read some posts as well.

Suity

True EEL

Bench
Absolutely fantastic game from Ben tonight! Great footwork, good kicking game, crisp passing (with one bad pass gifting Manly field position), very good defence, and all up I was very impressed with him tonight.

I thought he allowed Hayne to chime in to support just like a good fullback should. Exactly the sort of game we havbe been missing from a 5/8 for what seems like forever.

Note: eel01s Nothing against your post or you in general, just providing SDM some justification for a point I made...

SDM

First Grade
Note: eel01s Nothing against your post or you in general, just providing SDM some justification for a point I made...

That post seems to refer to one game only. Good work, that really backs up what you have claimed.

True EEL

Bench
Easily player of the game.

Aside from one bad pass (that would've have hit the winger on the chest had he been there, Roberts still should've looked though) he was awesome. If Foran/Maloney/Mullen/Slater had a game like that we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Please Note: Habitual....again nothing against you or your post.....but something for SDM

Roberts is not in the same class as Maloney, Mullen or Foran, not to mention Slater...and the thing is, those guys have games like that (like Roberts) quite often - that is the difference

True EEL

Bench
I listened to Ando on ABC on the way home. He said that Roberts was hot tonight but it's consistency (with he and Sandow) that marr their games. He said that it is the biggest challenge that SK has for 2012.

Daniel Anderson knows it....but I guess Parra should him he knows nothing about footy.... :roll:

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL....So True Eel quotes one bloke saying that Roberts had the sort of GAME (singular) that we have missed from our 6, and one saying that if one of the "stars" of the media had a game that good they'd be talked up all week, and that's evidence that people in general are comparing him to Kenny??? I forgot how much of a nutbag the guy was :lol:

True EEL

Bench
In that case, let's get him back again as head coach.

Suity

possibly a good idea???

but, wait, no, SK has now one like 7 games out of 30 hasn't he???

P.S. I was actually impressed with SK: (a) changing the team up the other night in a positive way, (b) clearly having given some players a rocket about their performances and place in the team, and (c) allowing some dare I say it...offloads!!! so kudos to SK for all that and of course the win...