What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roberts at 5/8

Ratchy

Juniors
I'm still very undecided on DCE. DCE is a bit like Tim Smith but 100% more consistent. He has trick shots. He will need to evolve his game a bit.

He has played all of one season what do you expect? The kid can play and is better than anything Parra has had since Sterling

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He has played all of one season what do you expect? The kid can play and is better than anything Parra has had since Sterling

Take my post in context. I never said he was a bad player.

And there haven't exactly been many halfbacks from any club that are or have been better then Sterlo. You couldn't name more than 10 halfbacks better than Sterlo.

Ratchy

Juniors
Take my post in context. I never said he was a bad player.

And there haven't exactly been many halfbacks from any club that are or have been better then Sterlo. You couldn't name more than 10 halfbacks better than Sterlo.

Yes i know you said he was never a bad player but he is much better than a player with trick shots. I think the kids is all class considering what he did in one season

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes i know you said he was never a bad player but he is much better than a player with trick shots. I think the kids is all class considering what he did in one season

He might have been a rookie but he's been playing senior footy forever. He's the same age as Chris Sandow FFS.

He makes good decisions and has good size for a halfback but there's a reason he didn't debut until he was 37 years old.

Djay

Juniors
His copped alot of unfair criticism on here so far this year, he was massive tonight haven't had something like this in our halves for years. His kicking was superb, had vision to throw some great passes and is dangerous with ball in hand.

Top buy.

True EEL

Bench
Roberts had a a good game - no doubt - credit where credit is due, well played...one mistake when the pass was on, otherwise a solid overall game

Parra Pride

Coach
Roberts had a a good game - no doubt - credit where credit is due, well played...one mistake when the pass was on, otherwise a solid overall game

Solid game? Surely you're taking the piss? He carved Manly apart but he had a solid f**king game.

#Deathrider

True EEL

Bench
he had a solid game, was good with the ball - in fact better than i have seen from him in a while and all credit to Roberts - but one game does not make a season...

True EEL

Bench
p.s. i am hoping he proves me wrong and keeps it going for a good stretch because he looked really good tonight...i would say the rocket he got fired him up well, well done Ben Roberts

Utey

Coach
He is rocks or diamonds and always has been. When on song though, he is sublime. Silky skills and great footwork. Hopefully we get more diamonds from him this year then what he has delivered in the past.

Agreed, can he back it up and show us some consistency?

SDM

First Grade
He even used the catch cry of the deathriding jerkoff "happy to be proven wrong"

#lol@maccasboy

jimmy77au

Juniors
How is timmy going?

Running around for Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in ESL - Watched him against the London Broncos yesterday on Eurosport Channel - they were terrible, and of the 15 minutes or so I saw - Timmy managed to kick the ball out on the full, the only touch of the ball I saw from him, and saw London Score 3 tries.....

True EEL

Bench
In reply to all my apparent fans on here who are clearly more interested in coming up with some sort of derogatory comment to me than making a constructive football-related comment.....I was more than happy to congratulate Roberts in this and other threads for his good game - single game.....

Roberts has always had the ability to have the occasional blinder. Credit where credit is due, he had a good game, well done!!!! But as I, and several others, have pointed out Roberts' biggest weakness is his inconsistency - can he back it up for 2, 4, 8 games, even a full season?? That is yet to be answered.

Roberts had a good, solid game and was dangerous running the ball and creating with the ball. But let's not anoint him as Ben Kenny just yet. Its one game people. Also, I am happy for him to prove me wrong, but he needs to prove me and plenty of other people wrong on a consistent basis before we start preparing the Ben Roberts statue next to Ray Price's ffs!!!!

Some of you are acting like he is Brett Kenny, Wally Lewis, Laurie Daley and Darren Lockyer melded together into one almighty, all-conquering uber-5/8 - all off the back of 1 GOOD GAME for Parra.....?!?!?

True EEL

Bench
He even used the catch cry of the deathriding jerkoff "happy to be proven wrong"

#lol@maccasboy

lol at SDM showing us a picture of his/her/it's latest conquest in his signature :lol:
i mean I know they say there are plenty more fish in the sea SDM, but come on....even you can have standards??

Latest posts