What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roebuck - Arrogant Ponting must be fired

Moffo

Referee
El Diablo said:
i know where you stand now

t2m_gelb_400x100.png

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Maybe for you.

I don't follow Cricket that closely any more but I don't have any dramas with having a bloke with a bit of mongrel who can play the game better than just about anyone else currently alive as captain.

All this "gentleman's game" stuff is utter bullsh*t.

Croquet and Real Tennis are gentlemans games because there's no money in them.

Bingo. The antiquated notion that cricket is a gentleman's game is just that.

HevyDevy

Coach
Yeah, the Aussie aren't playing in the spirit of the game :roll:

Remember this?

Symonds said while he got on well with some of the Indian players, such as Sachin Tendulkar, others had needled the Australian team unnecessarily.
"There are a couple of them who seem to spark things," he said.
"(Shanthakumaran) Sreesanth and Harbhajan Singh are the ones we are clashing with most.
"The thing that annoys us the most is when they are going well, they will have a shot at you. But when they aren't going well they forget to shake hands at the end of the game."
-AFP

mickdo

Coach
HevyDevy said:
Yeah, the Aussie aren't playing in the spirit of the game :roll:

Remember this?
I'm sure Hayden must be lying of course. The angelic Indians wouldn't behave like that...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
On the article, it is the second one from Roebuck in the space of two days that I find vindictive and boorish. I have enjoyed reading his thoughts on the great game for a long time, but I have lost some respect for him over the last 48 hours. He is out of line.

JJ

Immortal
S.S.T.I.D said:
On the article, it is the second one from Roebuck in the space of two days that I find vindictive and boorish. I have enjoyed reading his thoughts on the great game for a long time, but I have lost some respect for him over the last 48 hours. He is out of line.

do you find Ponting et al's behaviour boorish?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:

A heap of Aussie cricket supporters feel the same way about our current captain, certain players in the team and the the hierarchy that has allowed this to happen.

Roebuck is right on the money.

Furthermore, that genius that ran to the teacher must realise that he will have to shut his well known acidic tongue from now on. Either that or we can expect a slew of them having to front up to Mr. Procter. Nothing can be more certain.

Ziggy the God said:
A heap of Aussie cricket supporters feel the same way about our current captain, certain players in the team and the the hierarchy that has allowed this to happen.

Roebuck is right on the money.

Furthermore, that genius that ran to the teacher must realise that he will have to shut his well known acidic tongue from now on. Either that or we can expect a slew of them having to front up to Mr. Procter. Nothing can be more certain.

so your saying ponting shouldnt have reported racism?

skeepe

Immortal
Ziggy the God said:

Your implication is that Ponting has and will continue to make racist comments, as that is the only reason players have been hauled in front of him recently. Evidence of this?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Ponting should have either taken it up with Kumble, or through the ACB to the BCCI. That way, he it could have been sorted without this mess. All this talk about how he is following ICC regulations is a massive smokescreen.

So now the floodgates are open. Good luck Punter you tosser, your days are numbered.

DeeGan

Bench
Thank the lord for Richie Benaud ... Peter Roebuck, whilst entitled to his opinion, has blown this way out of proportion which has greatly contributed to the circus and nonsense we are being bombarded with today.

Azkatro

First Grade
Yeah Roebuck has gone off his nut. Also I can't believe that article including Richie Benaud's quotes has the audacity to say that the News Limited poll is representative of "the Australian public"! I thought anybody in the world could access the Internet and vote?

DeeGan

Bench
Azkatro said:
Yeah Roebuck has gone off his nut. Also I can't believe that article including Richie Benaud's quotes has the audacity to say that the News Limited poll is representative of "the Australian public"! I thought anybody in the world could access the Internet and vote?

On this "authentic" poll, there are many questions.

How many people voted?

How long was the poll open for?

Who voted? (as Azakatro said, if it was opened to all, any disgruntled cricket follower outside of Australia can vote and lay the boot in)

Why are we all of sudden now using the Daily Telegraph as a "credible" source when the majority here would dismiss it more often than not any other time such is their lack of quality :lol: Whatever helps one build an agenda driven case I guess.

gottabegood

Juniors
Roebuck has seriously lost the plot...what an overblown piece of crap article, been obviously living in a cricket bubble for far too long, needs to touch base with reality....he can start with SBS news.

Latest posts