What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roebuck - Arrogant Ponting must be fired

skeepe

Immortal
I have not seen one single thing wrong with the way the Australians have conducted themselves. Quite frankly this jealousy and/or tall poppy syndrome is getting tiresome.

JJ

Immortal
skeepe said:
I have not seen one single thing wrong with the way the Australians have conducted themselves

You're with El D then - brilliant :D

Do you want them all dead too?

skeepe

Immortal
Honestly, this is all a storm in a teacup. If the precious wankers from India don't like it, they can f**k off home for all I care. They are a cancer on the sport.

HevyDevy

Coach
Does anyone else find it ironic that a side with Sourav Ganguly in it can claim their opponents aren't acting in the spirit of the game.

he doesn't exactly have a proud record - I recall his very frosty relationship with Steve Waugh and his inability to walk out for the toss on time ...

fish eel

Immortal
JJ said:
I don't think I have ever said that Singh was doing the right thing - if I have I shouldn't have.

I just think that there is a context, and making a statement you later regret is possible. Nonetheless he's been rightly suspended.

Again, the Aussie's behaviour is less than exemplary, and again given how great the team is it'll be a shame if history remembers them as a bunch of merkins (even if only a few of them are merkins).

And if you agree with the jingoistic racist nonsene the likes of El Diablo are posting, then a reasonable discussion is not possible

I believe the crime of racism is the greater crime and should be stomped on immediately no matter who big or small the incident.

JJ

Immortal
fish eel said:
I believe the crime of racism is the greater crime and should be stomped on immediately no matter who big or small the incident.

well if you're so concerned with racism, check out some of the posts by El D and this gem below

St. Brett said:
IOne thing I know about Indian’s is that they’re deliberate intentional arrogant hypocrite liars and I wouldn’t trust one of them if my life depended on it.
Credibility for this race is zero.
They won't publish it though.

Australia_flag.gif

Australian and proud.
Most other countries can get frigged!
Australia...love it or leave it!

Azkatro

First Grade
JJ said:
I'm not defending Singh - although it might sound like it - he's been given an appropriate punishment. The thread is about Ponting's and Australia's perceived arrogance and lack of respect for the game and the opposition
Fair dinkum JJ, you take one step forward and then back-pedal six miles ...

Even i could captain the australian team and win as many games - the opposition countries aren't much for starters so it is no big deal to win 16 games when you are playing 2nd rate players.

What was the big deal if singh did call symonds a monkey as after all scientists claim humans evolved from apes and also say that chimps(monkeys) are humans closest living relatives.

I have to say giving symonds the man of the match award was very very poor as after all he was out fair and square but refused to play fair and not walk.

The man of the match award i though was for the best and fairest - symonds was not the best and is was far from being fair.

Indian should go home and all other countries should boycott touring here and having australia tour their countries until they play fair and be proper sportsman.

fish eel

Immortal
JJ said:
well if you're so concerned with racism, check out some of the posts by El D and this gem below

Right.....I take it that post is a diversion because you dont want to admit that racism is, in fact a bigger crime than over appealing or not walking when you've nicked one?

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
JJ said:
:lol: Symonds own account suggests that he (Symonds) was acting like a wanker, and had a go at Singh, and Singh asked him why he was carrying on like a monkey (which he was)

it's not racism, it's name calling - it was interpreted as having racial overtones, Clarke's "catches" by suggesting only he can know whether he was cheating, yet don't allow Singh the same luxury
Saying someone's acting like a monkey is a big difference to calling them a monkey. The latter is racist the former is not. But in the context of recent events it was stupid to use that word.

BTW Sky news and Foxsports.com both stated that the majority of people polled did not support the way the Australian team conducted themselves. So its not just a few upset Indians, Greig and Robuck that are making a fuss.

In-goal

Bench
Good arcticle and accurate, if you know anything about the wider world of cricket and by that I mean outside Australia you will understand that this is fact.

The Australian cricket team are terriffic sports until they are challenged then the bellow the belt shots start, over appealing, pressuring of the umpires excessive sledging and what's more intimidation of foriegn players.

The cricket the Australian team play is outstanding and no one can question that, but the way in which they carry themselves is a disgrace. The scenes at the aftermath of the WC07 under darkness go along way to showing that, what's more the pathetic tirades we here about how it's not our fault their not good enough to play us.

Let's be honest the sooner Cricket Australia is run with real discipline the better, after all Andrew Symonds should be dropped for bringing the game into disrupute for admitting he was out publicly and didn't walk. Cricket is a sport first and foremost and evedintly should be treated and played as such.

For Australia will not only kill test cricket it's cricket team will destroy the worlds attitude to Australia.

Moffo

Referee
marshall stalin said:
Even i could captain the australian team and win as many games - the opposition countries aren't much for starters so it is no big deal to win 16 games when you are playing 2nd rate players.

What was the big deal if singh did call symonds a monkey as after all scientists claim humans evolved from apes and also say that chimps(monkeys) are humans closest living relatives.

I have to say giving symonds the man of the match award was very very poor as after all he was out fair and square but refused to play fair and not walk.

The man of the match award i though was for the best and fairest - symonds was not the best and is was far from being fair.

Indian should go home and all other countries should boycott touring here and having australia tour their countries until they play fair and be proper sportsman.

i agree, india should leave

the chief comrade is with us on that one as well

stalin.jpg

JB

Juniors
Probably the worst aspect of the Australians' performance was their conduct at the end. When the last catch was taken they formed into a huddle and started jumping up and down like teenagers at a rave. It was not euphoria. It was ecstasy. They had swallowed a dangerous pill called vengeance.

f**k. Has this guy won anything in his life. You play for your country, you put the work in, you celebrate, pretty simple. Nothing over the top from what i saw.

Interesting article, but the author obviously has a few axes to grind. A few valid points as well, but i dont think they can apply to just 1 side.

Tbh players from both sides probably damaged their reputations a bit. Umpires included. Great test match though. Thouroughly entertaining.

Ricky Ponting great captain? Certainly captaining a great team, with great results. Takes more than that though to be a great captain. Still got a bit to learn on that front.

Latest posts