What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ron massey cup 2015

I reckon Hills Bulls will have a good year.

Recruited well. James Boustani in the halves, former 1st grader Brod Wright as well. Add Mick Hawkings, Sean McGuiness and Daniel Mahoney and they have a good side

Heard they have affiliations with Concord Burwood in the Massey.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Recruited well. James Boustani in the halves, former 1st grader Brod Wright as well. Add Mick Hawkings, Sean McGuiness and Daniel Mahoney and they have a good side

Yeah, watched their game against Auburn last weekend, If the coach can get the pigs to concentrate in defence for the full 80 minutes they will go ok. Defence was excellent for the majority of the game bar a few minor lapses with some arm grabbing, which was a minor concern.

They produced some good attack which lead to some classy tries.

rightleftin

Juniors
Yeah, watched their game against Auburn last weekend, If the coach can get the pigs to concentrate in defence for the full 80 minutes they will go ok. Defence was excellent for the majority of the game bar a few minor lapses with some arm grabbing, which was a minor concern.

They produced some good attack which lead to some classy tries.

What happened in the RMC game, was Auburn hot or was Windsor ordinary?

magpie4ever

First Grade
What happened in the RMC game, was Auburn hot or was Windsor ordinary?

Sorry mate, I didn't stay for the RMC game as the horses were running and I wanted to get back to have a punt.

But I was surprised by the score as Windsor looked to have a good side on paper, I would say a bit of both.

rightleftin

Juniors

Also David Baumann who played for Qld U/19 in 2007 while playing the Eels with Brod Wright.

Weiry

Juniors
MOUNTIES 72 (S Aiga 3, S Chapman 2, J Kennedy, M Kennedy, J Lemalu, J Mayer, M Beggs, T Glassie, R Bristow, M Whitehouse tries; Aiga 10 goals) KINGSGROVE COLTS 12 (S Totidis, H Barsdell tries; P Kaufusi 2 goals)

magpie4ever

First Grade
Another good win by Hills Bulls - torn between my past and present.:?

HILL DISTRICT BULLS 48 (S Hogan 4, A Johnson, E Holmes, B Devries, J Boustani, D Charlie tries; Boustani 6 goals) bt WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES 24 (M Cerruto 2, B Lazarus, B Mitchell tries; Lazarus 4 goals)

Weiry

Juniors
WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES 24 (J Sila, D Lemafa, S Sauvao, D Harris tries; S Gallant 4 goals) def. CONCORD-BURWOOD 14 (A Mataele, S Paasi, T Tuiletufuga tries; K gillies goal)

Broncos93

Juniors
Asquith beat Cabra by one point at New Era. 33-32. Cabra had a penalty 25m out wth 40 seconds left, but tookthe quick tap! Whats worse was it was taken a first time but called back for being off the mark, then took the tap a second time! Justice though as it was a penalty for a strip but the bloke dropped it cold after both markers had moved away.

Weiry

Juniors
ASQUITH MAGPIES 33 (M Pearsall 2, A Groom 2, Jeco Marketo, M Daoud tries; J Ingram, Daoud 3 goals; B Fisher field goal) def. CABRAMATTA 32 (C Eyles 2, D Abou Slieman, J Galloway, P Sapsford, W Asotasi tries; G Goowdwin 4 goals)

WINDSOR WOLVES 28 (R Leosa 2, C Aunese-Scanlon, S Albert, T Eisenhuth tries; S Tonga, J Brackenhofer 3 goals) def. GUILDFORD OWLS 16 (S Suli 2, K Benson tries; T Evans, C Porter goals)

WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES 22 (Z Tawha 2, B Waters, F Tagiliima tries; Waters 3 goals) def. BLACKTOWN WORKERS 6 (J Kay try; L Ayoub goal)

slickrabbit

Juniors
Good effort defensively by Wenty, but it was a pretty dour game all-round. Looks like BNRU will struggle again this year.

rightleftin

Juniors
No teams for round 3 on the NSWRL website but I noticed the following players are playing Queensland Cup, having been regulars in Sydney Shield in recent years:

Tarrant Marriner (former Peninsula Seagulls)
Evander Cummins (former Wenty)
Rajan Opetai Halls (former Auburn)
Graham Levu and John Asiata (former Mounties)

rightleftin

Juniors
Interesting to see Shane Shackleton named for Guildford.

Yes Steve Ghosn has called in a number of players from his former clubs since taking over Guildford - Charlie Farah, Anthony Farah, Chris Saab, Pat Galea and now Shackleton.

It looks like the bookends are back at Belrose after a one year retirement. I heard that Shannon Cameron played last weekend and was sent off so now Jimmy Curtis has been added to the list this week.

Weiry

Juniors
Windsor Wolves 26 (T Eisenhuth 2, E Aiono, R Goldsmith, S Kiel tries; J Brackenhofer 3 goals) def. Blacktown Workers 20 (S Tanginoa 2, B Batiste, S Tala tries; T Errington 2 goals)

Mounties 32 (Sam Aiga, Wayne Dargan, Ben Chahoud, Shannon Chapman, Steven Tavita, Mitch Beggs, Joe Rokoqo tries; Aiga 2 goals) def. Cabramatta 26 (Jason Gray 2, Luke Lavender, Corey Brown, Jake Jackson tries; Grayson Goodwin 3 goals)

Latest posts