What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rookies 2008

aqua_duck

Coach
Rookies of the Year (this decade)
2007: Israel Folau
2006: Jarryd Hayne
2005: Tim Smith
2004: Karmichael Hunt
2002: Matt Utai
2001: Braith Anasta

What a gun list.
Gees Utai looks abit out of place on that list

2008: Tony Williams

Spank

Juniors
Peni Tagivae was looking likely.... but then had a double groin operation ooouuuccchhh !!

RSK

Juniors
2008: Justin Carney.

What a debut. Scored two tries, made 204 metres (most of any Raider), topped the total runs made (18 equal with Milne), topped dummy half runs and was second on kick return metres.

Bloke is a unit.

McLovin

Staff member
Wish Karl Filiga would get a decent run. He's gonna be something special...

Hutty1986

Immortal
Agreed.

With Luke Priddis out between 4 to 6 weeks, Masada Iosefa should get a few weeks in first grade to force Paul Aiton out of the team when Priddis is back.

The only problem is Matt Elliott isn't very fond of Masada, and will probably be stupid enough to select Keith Peters and not give Masada a run.:roll:

A mate of mine has been talking up that Iosefa bloke all year and is adamant he's gonna get a run this week. He's got huge raps on him!

Dogaholic

First Grade
Gees Utai looks abit out of place on that list

2008: Tony Williams

Utai was a wrecking ball when he first came into grade.

Not sure what you are implying though, if it the fact that he is no longer star material then I agree.

skeepe

Immortal
Agreed.

With Luke Priddis out between 4 to 6 weeks, Masada Iosefa should get a few weeks in first grade to force Paul Aiton out of the team when Priddis is back.

The only problem is Matt Elliott isn't very fond of Masada, and will probably be stupid enough to select Keith Peters and not give Masada a run.:roll:

How prophetic. Seems you've got Elliott's selection policies pretty much down pat.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
J.Carney was impressive for the Raiders on Sunday and put some awesome stats. What a build this kid has.

B.Matulino was pretty damaging on his first game for the Warriors, was impressed when he busted the line a couple of times and put Gallen on his a$$.:lol:

If Matulino gets solid game time this year in the NRL then he will definetly go close to taking out the title.

While the Warriors are not having a great year - its pretty amazing they have the junior talent of Sonny Fai, Russel Packer, Ben Matulino to call on for the NRL this year.

Most clubs would kill just to get their hands on one of them let alone 3 of them.

Even more impressive when you consider that Lesson Ah Mau and Upo Poaching are starting to really plunder the toyota cup proving to be massive Metre Eaters.

Lesson Ah Mau could even debut this year.

Warriors future should be rosey.

Tommax25

Bench
Rookies of the Year (this decade)
2007: Israel Folau
2006: Jarryd Hayne
2005: Tim Smith
2004: Karmichael Hunt
2002: Matt Utai
2001: Braith Anasta

What a gun list.

man was utai rookie in 2002? how old is he? I thought he was not that recent debuting.....and im guessing no 2003 because of no dally m's? What happened with that, it was ages ago and I don't know what happened, but it is pretty annoying because penrith got rorted, would have had dally m player of the year and rookie for sure

hineyrulz

Post Whore
man was utai rookie in 2002? how old is he? I thought he was not that recent debuting.....and im guessing no 2003 because of no dally m's? What happened with that, it was ages ago and I don't know what happened, but it is pretty annoying because penrith got rorted, would have had dally m player of the year and rookie for sure
Slater would of got rookie of the year.

mxlegend99

Referee
A mate of mine has been talking up that Iosefa bloke all year and is adamant he's gonna get a run this week. He's got huge raps on him!
Well, we can rule him out for Rookie of the Year.

He isn't going to play first grade this season by the look of it. And when he finally does play first grade, it won't be for the Panthers.

Latest posts