What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rookies 2008

Monk

Referee
... damn, really gets you thinking... id say dave williams will probly get it... or keating...
rookies time to shine...

Chapsta

Juniors
Hopefully Shannon Walker gets a proper start this year as Fullback, keep your eye on this rookie!

shiznit

Coach
that quick little bugger from the titans has massive raps on him.... shannon walker i think his name is...

Tommax25

Bench
Wade Graham typically plays at 5/8. But can also play halfback.
Lachlan Coote is a fullback.

Pretty hard to pick who would get a run first out of them... but i'd imagine Lachlan Coote is closer then Wade Graham. That said, most Penrith fans expected Masada Iosefa to be a regular first grade by now.

so I guess iosefa should be backup hooker instead of aiton? I think so and I havent seen iosefa play, just heard people rave about him and seen aiton and just gone "no thanks", hasn't impressed me this year really

mattyg

Bench
Tim Winitana has more than fit into the dogs team this year. He has been quite impressive so far (probably one of our better players this year) and wouldn't surprise me if he gets a nomination

mxlegend99

Referee
so I guess iosefa should be backup hooker instead of aiton? I think so and I havent seen iosefa play, just heard people rave about him and seen aiton and just gone "no thanks", hasn't impressed me this year really
Yep. Masada Iosefa has been better then Paul Aiton for the past year or so now IMO. He can cover more positions and he is a better defender.

Matt Elliott doesn't seem to like him though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tony Williams and Justin Carney have both made good starts to their careers, we might start to see a few more gun rookies come through
Sandow looked good for the bunnies a few weeks ago against the warriors also. Capewell had a shocker on debut but has been good since for them also.
There is still hope for the 2008 rookie list :D

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I've been impressed with Anthony Cherrington for us this year, he has great offloading ability.

watatank

Coach
Rookies of the Year (this decade)
2007: Israel Folau
2006: Jarryd Hayne
2005: Tim Smith
2004: Karmichael Hunt
2002: Matt Utai
2001: Braith Anasta

What a gun list.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Was he number 20 last week? If so he was very impressive, very strong and a great offload.

I can't remember tbh, but it would make sense because he was a late inclusion in the side. He came on with about 20 minutes left and made a good impact with 3 offloads and a few decent hitups.

mxlegend99

Referee
2008 rookie would be
Masada Iosefa when he comes up to 1st grade this week.
Agreed.

With Luke Priddis out between 4 to 6 weeks, Masada Iosefa should get a few weeks in first grade to force Paul Aiton out of the team when Priddis is back.

The only problem is Matt Elliott isn't very fond of Masada, and will probably be stupid enough to select Keith Peters and not give Masada a run.:roll: