What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rookies 2008

willvillain

Juniors
Absolutely, he had a great first game. But he's barely been sighted since. Dropped for whatever reason (poor form is the only one I guess...)

Mind you, it is a weak year, so contenders are going to be below par without a doubt.

At the moment it looks like the best so far would be guys like Carney, Williams (both Tony and Dave), Cherrington, Fai, Tautai...Keating? Maybe Packer as well. I dunno. Pretty slim pickings and definitely no standouts.

Tommax25

Bench
How so? The Daily Telegraph printed the leaderboard when the awards were called off, and Clinton Schifcofske was leading from Brad Fittler with only a few rounds to go.

I don't remember the voting or anything, I didn't been know they had voted for the year, rememeebr when I asked what happened with that?

Wicks

Juniors
This years class seems to be completely underrated :?

There could be more long lasting first graders out of this group than any other

I think the players are earning their debuts more than other years with consistent performances against the best players in the 20s rather than the split of talent between premier league and jersey flegg

Some have started out because of injuries or absences too

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Absolutely, he had a great first game. But he's barely been sighted since. Dropped for whatever reason (poor form is the only one I guess...)

Mind you, it is a weak year, so contenders are going to be below par without a doubt.

At the moment it looks like the best so far would be guys like Carney, Williams (both Tony and Dave), Cherrington, Fai, Tautai...Keating? Maybe Packer as well. I dunno. Pretty slim pickings and definitely no standouts.

Cherrington might have the ability but he is behind Tupou, Mason, Sa, Fitzgibbon, Paea and Maubs. On top of that hes only getting 25 minutes a game when he plays anyway, so he doesn't get enough time to shine as apposed to a player in a team getting 80 minutes a game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Masada Iosefa just got through a mountain of work against the Eels, including scoring his first try. I don't think Matt Elliott could justify removing him from first grade.

Lachlan Coote and Wade Graham had great games aswell, but i think when we get Michael Gordon and Luke Rooney back... our backline will shift around and force them back into the Under 20's.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Masada Iosefa just got through a mountain of work against the Eels, including scoring his first try. I don't think Matt Elliott could justify removing him from first grade.

Lachlan Coote and Wade Graham had great games aswell, but i think when we get Michael Gordon and Luke Rooney back... our backline will shift around and force them back into the Under 20's.

Last Week i thought Iosefa Looked out of his depth but this week wow he is a good player...

Graham Played alot better with out the defence rushing up on him he and Coote are good players...