What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos: Mini out- Hunt in

BatiFan

Juniors
Absolutely disgraceful decision by the ARL Selectors to pick Hunt. Although I think everyone who watches rugby league will agree that Hunt is no where near the 2nd best fullback that could represent Australia, one thing he does not lack is confidence and he will no doubt thrive on the pressure and occasion come Friday night.

That said, I cant wait to see a proud Kiwi in the shape of Sonny Bill absolutely smash him in a tackle, tell him how terrible a player he is and that he is a traitor and then goes about belting the living ..... out of him in an old fashioned test stick. Sonny Bill has always spoke about his love for the black and white jersey and I am sure that a little bit extra will go into any tackles on Hunt by SBW and all the Kiwis for that matter this Friday.

I for one hope he has an absolute shocker and costs Australia the game and is brandished never to play rep footy again. If they can scapegoat Matty Bowen because he had one ordinary game, I just hope the the precedence has now been set and that if Hunt stuffs up that he will suffer the same fate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I just hope this means he plays fullback for Queensland in Origin :lol:

Blues victory for sure

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont count on it Diablo. Even if he is picked (and he wont) NSW dont have the Johns there to save them. Orford a NSW halfback..hahaha

God-King Dean

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Dont count on it Diablo. Even if he is picked (and he wont) NSW dont have the Johns there to save them. Orford a NSW halfback..hahaha

Pfft, QLD will lose again. Don't forget you only beat NSW by an intercept when you were winning 19-0 last year... with Kimmorley as halfback.

Ghoulies

Bench
Immortal said:
Pfft, QLD will lose again. Don't forget you only beat NSW by an intercept when you were winning 19-0 last year... with Kimmorley as halfback.
You had Kimmorely, we had a pissweak backline with absolutely no penetration from the centres.

Mr Saab

Referee
Gower. He is just as bad. He cant lead NSW to a series win
Gower is a fine club player, but has never stepped up to the mark in rep football. QLD will win this series 2-1

lockyno1

Post Whore
Gosh guys, Kamichael deserves this chance just as much as the other candidates. The only other options were Hornby, Bowen, and Ingliss. Hornby played ordinary on saturday, so did bowen. That leaves Ingliss really. Its a judgement call and I believe he is 12 months off being a test footballer Ingliss. He will be good in the Origin. Therefore my opnion is that they got this one right.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Gower. He is just as bad. He cant lead NSW to a series win
Gower is a fine club player, but has never stepped up to the mark in rep football. QLD will win this series 2-1

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
You had Kimmorely, we had a pissweak backline with absolutely no penetration from the centres.

We had berrigan in the centres and a few other hacks in our side as well!

Razor

Coach
They had Bowen as 18th man, so he should get the call-up.

Bowen wasn't 18th man. The exclusive story that was carried by the Daily Telegraph said that Bowen was the 18th man. They were wrong again.

Not as biased as you.

Please mention any pro-Knights stuff I have said that isn't true?

Anything Bronco related pi$$es you off and this is just another to annoy you.

So several years ago(the year before he made his debut) saying that Berrigan should be playing for Australia is anti-Bronco bias?

I didnt read any quotes where Bennett said it would be a disgrace if Hodges was not picked. More lies Razor? You love lying dont you.

Read the paper sometime

Mr Saab

Referee
El Diablo said:

Yeah what about it? It took a Shaun Timmins field goal in extra time to win. Gower didnt do much that game.
Gower did his knee and then it was the the Finch Fittler combo...then Fittler Barrett combo.
Gower has never won a series playing as a halfback.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Gosh guys, Kamichael deserves this chance just as much as the other candidates. The only other options were Hornby, Bowen, and Ingliss. Hornby played ordinary on saturday, so did bowen. That leaves Ingliss really. Its a judgement call and I believe he is 12 months off being a test footballer Ingliss. He will be good in the Origin. Therefore my opnion is that they got this one right.

I can't get over the fact your serious.

Jordan

Juniors
lockyno1 said:

:?

uh huh.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Yeah what about it? It took a Shaun Timmins field goal in extra time to win. Gower didnt do much that game.
Gower did his knee and then it was the the Finch Fittler combo...then Fittler Barrett combo.
Gower has never won a series playing as a halfback.

Lockyer has never won a series at 5/8

he has lost one though lol

Mr Saab

Referee
Thats true, but i would back in Lockyer and Thurston with a backline that will contain the likes of Hodges, Bell, Inglis, Tate, and Slater over a halves combo of Trent "where is wigan" Barrett and Craig "Club player" Gower.

Skinner

Coach
What a complete farce - I won't go through the entire list of guys who should
be there before him because they have already been listed in this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with him wanting to play for the Roos, that's his decision and he has to live with it. It's the fact that, that longish
list of good number 1's deserve to be there before him.

Anyhow Karmy, welcome to the ANZAC test - I know the boys will give you
a huge welcome to the international arena.....hugs all round I'd say.

Skinner

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Man, there are a lot of people who think Hunt is not good.

I will jsut say that i personally think its a great choice. I mean, he is good under the highball (only during the dragons game was he crap) and he also plays a lot of 1st/2nd reciever and is a great ball player. So remember that would of also factored into the equation. On Saturday he scored 2 tries 1 through strength. Against Penrith was Brisbanes best with himm being the major ball player, and assisted 3 tries. I mean, sure his chase needs improvement, but the highball, and ball skills are top notch. Give him a chance, i think many will be suprised.

However i still have to ask, why Bowen was not picked. Why i do think Hunt is a great choice, Bowen really should of been first in line. But you know, Hunt is playing superb and it obviously shows.

Latest posts