What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, a sorry case!!!

Big Time

Juniors
I deadset think Roosters have had their time. Honestly if we are serious about relocation then this is the side that should go first. They have a limited number of local juniors, instead preferring to go around and grab players that other clubs have put a lot of time, effort and money into. Their recruitment strategy for senior players is also questionable. Todd Carney?? Given the off field dramas, is he really the right fit for this club??They also do not attract crowds and have a very fickle fan base. It is sad when Roosters have a home game and the opposition have more fans.

The reason that Roosters seem to avoid the spotlight in talks of relocation is due to their high profile supporters. They are the rich mans club. Really they would be better off setting up somewhere else, be it WA, Central Coast etc, setting up a Junior program and start from scratch. I think they have had their time. They paid money for a decade and brought themselves some good sides, but that has all now come to a screaming halt and I can't see them getting themselves out of this rut in any big hurry.

OVP

Coach
Bravo !! What a brilliant move !! Move the Roosters out of Sydney and hand over the City of Sydney to Yawnion and AFL. Will you be present at the handing-over ceremony ? Dillweed.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I deadset think Roosters have had their time. Honestly if we are serious about relocation then this is the side that should go first. They have a limited number of local juniors, instead preferring to go around and grab players that other clubs have put a lot of time, effort and money into. Their recruitment strategy for senior players is also questionable. Todd Carney?? Given the off field dramas, is he really the right fit for this club??They also do not attract crowds and have a very fickle fan base. It is sad when Roosters have a home game and the opposition have more fans.

The reason that Roosters seem to avoid the spotlight in talks of relocation is due to their high profile supporters. They are the rich mans club. Really they would be better off setting up somewhere else, be it WA, Central Coast etc, setting up a Junior program and start from scratch. I think they have had their time. They paid money for a decade and brought themselves some good sides, but that has all now come to a screaming halt and I can't see them getting themselves out of this rut in any big hurry.

Big time - which club do you support?

Danish

Referee
Your a dragons fan, right Big Time??

We have 3 Eastern suburbs juniors in our side right now (Symonds, Earl, Cherrington). How many do you have in yours??

And I am talking from the St George area, not the "Illawara district" that seems to stretch from Waterfall to Victoria.

Big Time

Juniors
I am a dragons fan. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. We are one club. I don't think we can be accused of not producing juniors. Roosters have been r*ping Rabbitohs for years.

I like that, hand over the City of Sydney to Yawnion and AFL. Do you honestly believe Roosters are that influential. Are you a member of the Roosters? Are you one of the 20 or 30 fans that attend their home games.

Dragons would have beaten Roosters by even more if Fitzgibbon wasn't playing the other night. Where does he come from again??

At the moment Roosters are an embarrassment to the game.

How do you reckon the Port Moresby Roosters sound??

j5o6hn

Juniors
Do some of you Eastern Suburbs people mean to say that AFL and Rugger have not alread taken over the Eastern Suburbs while your lot worried about hair length,and killed off your juniors.
Why are you called the Transit Lounge,Eastern Suburbs have sat on there hands for years,only think the do is pinch others juniors,they should be allocated a country area or interstate area and told to devlop juniors there and given 10 15 yrs to do so,if they fail relocate them

I am a dragons fan. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. We are one club. I don't think we can be accused of not producing juniors. Roosters have been r*ping Rabbitohs for years.

I like that, hand over the City of Sydney to Yawnion and AFL. Do you honestly believe Roosters are that influential. Are you a member of the Roosters? Are you one of the 20 or 30 fans that attend their home games.

Dragons would have beaten Roosters by even more if Fitzgibbon wasn't playing the other night. Where does he come from again??

At the moment Roosters are an embarrassment to the game.

How do you reckon the Port Moresby Roosters sound??

Ah a Dragons fan, it all makes sense now. We are one club too. High five? Of course, can I ask, have the Rabbitohs ever bought a Roosters junior/player?

Of course, you just want us out because you don't like us, so take your bias agenda elsewhere and f*ck off.

Bye bye.

Red Bear

Referee
I love all the talk about the Chooks only buying big name players. Over the last 15 years the big name players i remember them buying were Freddy, Anasta, O'Meley, Mason, Myles, Wing, Roberts, Monohagn and Morley from England. Debateable how big name Fitzy was when he signed for them. Meanwhile other clubs seem to be able to buy who they want and not get a whimper about them. The famous 'bred not bought' bulldogs bought Ennis, Hannet, Stagg, Eastwood, Morris and Kimmorley over the off season to little recognition, more than any club has aquired in one hit in recent memory, yet it is always the Roosters attacked as raiding other clubs areas.

Its the modern game FFS, recruitment is always going to happen.

Big Time

Juniors
Other clubs may buy other players. Not debating that. Other clubs also put a lot of effort into producing juniors. This cannot be said for the Roosters. Bulldogs are rebuilding and had to clean out a lot of sh*te so needed to bring in the right people to replace them and set good examples for their juniors coming through. I imagine they envisage in a few years time that they won't need to buy from outside. Roosters have major issues on and off the field. They fix this by doing things like letting Shackleton and Shillington go and keeping Mason and O'Meley, they bring a bloke like Todd Carney in blah blah blah.

I don't hate the Roosters. I didn't want Dragons to merge either. They did though and I now realise it was best for them, and the game in general.

_STING_

Juniors
Why are you people giving this clown air space?
As if him making that statement is going to have any influence on the Roosters moving. Do you seriously think it will ever happen? The team that moves will move because of money problems. The same reason the Dragons and Illawarra merged.
The juniors talk, the crowd talk, their performance this year is the same boring arguments that have happened for years. Get over it. Every team buys players to fill the gaps. So it is ok for Canterbury to clean out their sh!t and bring in 5 or 6 quality players but it is not for anyone else? Can you see how stupid your argument is there? I'm sure everyone in this forum reads the Confirmed/Rumoured signing thread and hopes to see some super player linked to their team. The Dragons were going after Carney and if they do end up signing him (nothing is confirmed yet) most Dragons supporters will embrace it. Remember before you reply, I said "most" just like most Roosters supporters would like to give him a go. But I am sure deep down you would love him in the Red V.

aelek

Juniors

A dragons fan - I am a proud rooster whom lives in the st george area and up until 2 years ago assisted the coach at a st- george junior club under 18's. Mate their juniors are a mess and that is why after the age of 15/16 they play in a combined comp which features teams from balmain , stgeorge, south sydney and eastern suburbs comps. So f**k your theory because all of these other junior comps are sh*thouse also.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I hate the Chooks with a passion & that is the exact reason I don't want them to go anywhere. I live in Bondi Junction and there's nothing sweeter than wearing the Red V around, gloating like a dickhead. Its great fun.

They are a rabble at the moment. Let em suffer. But if they are fortunate enough to have rich benefactors, then good on them.

They'll be back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wouldn't say there supporter base is any better or worse than 75% of the Sydney teams. I guess if you were looking to relocate someone with min impact than Roosters would be a popular choice amongst the other Sydney fans.

Have to love the "just hand over area X,Y,Z to AFL and RU" everytime a relocation is mentioned. Here's an idea, how about the remaining Sydney teams moving into that area so future generations support them rather than just leaving the area RL barren?

Other clubs may buy other players. Not debating that. Other clubs also put a lot of effort into producing juniors.
In our line-up last week we had Aubusson, Earl, Cherrington and Symonds in our side, amongst other juniors currently unavailable.

This cannot be said for the Roosters. Bulldogs are rebuilding and had to clean out a lot of sh*te so needed to bring in the right people to replace them and set good examples for their juniors coming through. I imagine they envisage in a few years time that they won't need to buy from outside. Roosters have major issues on and off the field. They fix this by doing things like letting Shackleton and Shillington go and keeping Mason and O'Meley, they bring a bloke like Todd Carney in blah blah blah.

I don't hate the Roosters. I didn't want Dragons to merge either. They did though and I now realise it was best for them, and the game in general.

Bulldogs didn't clean out the sh*te you idiot. The sh*te cleaned out themselves. The Bulldogs didn't sack Williams. The Bulldogs, like all teams also had their issues on and off the field, every team goes through it you f*cking dunce.

Oh, and we're keeping O'Meley...first I've heard of it. Mason's formally kept too? Wow.

Latest posts