What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters at it again

legallyblonde

Juniors
just went to their forum, never ventured into that territory before for obvious reasons. Haha they are getting ripped to shreds from leauge supporters left and right...good to see!! Stick it to em Parki :D

The funniest thing I read as one as their comebacks was they believed the roosters board was showing great courage in what they are doing LMAO:roll:

northey

First Grade
just went to their forum, never ventured into that territory before for obvious reasons. Haha they are getting ripped to shreds from leauge supporters left and right...good to see!! Stick it to em Parki

yes yes i wen there to
i went to see what they had been saying...... not much
but the fans of other clbs had been!!!

Doctor

Bench
Another week goes by, and more silliness from our forever oppressed friends in the plush Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.

They must be struggling to pay the pricey rent down there because it sure seems like they are giving the competition a nice little Christmas present - more legal proceedings just when the competition was recovering from the losses incurred last time a multi-billionaire got a bit too greedy and started pinching other billionaire's precious toys.

Suffice to say I'm not surprised by this latest installment from Rooster-land.

I'm just surprised that out of 20+ posts in this thread, no one has seen fit to use the most appropriate emoticon possible in such a situation: :-({|=

Kaz

junior
I don't like the Chooks, but they have every right to challenge it, if the League changes their mind over increasing the cap in 2005.

If the League decide to go by the original plan & raise the cap in 2005, then there will be no Legal action.

The cap has stayed the same since 1998, if clubs can't afford the Salary Cap increase then STIFF Chedder.

It's not the fault of the rich clubs if the poorer ones can't keep up with the times.

socksie

Juniors
Parki said:
To Nick Politis, Phil Gould and whoever else it may concern,

Hi, my name is Mark Peterson and im gonna start off by saying I HATE your club. Just so theres no confusion as to my intentions with this letter, and so you know where its heading, ok? Good.

No matter how much I detest your club, I always was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt… I was prepared to give Brad Fittler and Craig Wing ubiquitous praise for their high level of skill, and the way your team has revolutionised the game in the last two years is a credit to your organization. By the sounds of all this praise it sounds like Im a roosters fan, well boys I got news for you. Im not.

The year was 1996. I was a roosters fan back then, that was until I found a team with heart and passion in my native Newcastle. A Team full of fighters, not a bunch of spineless imports that your team has become. A team that makes hard decisions for the good of the game. Do I see your organization doing whats best for the game? No. I see your team putting the game that I love with all my heart and soul on the front of the Sunday Telegraph in a blaze of gunfire and ammuntion the likes of which haven’t been seen since the super league era, all because you cant hang onto your precious imports. Imports like Craig Fitzgibbon and Brad Fittler. Imports like Justin Hodges and Chris Walker. You don’t like the rules that everybody else is starting to come to grips with so you choose to change them to suit your own selfish needs. Never mind the fact that players like Scott Sattler and Matthew Johns have to give up clubs that mean the world to them in order to make the game fairer.

Take the Matthew Johns situation….. There were near riots in Newcastle when Matty was unceremoniously shown the door at the end of the 2000 season, but we didn’t threaten legal action. We didn’t threaten to bring down the entire game because we were unhappy with the rules. We got on with it. And we won the comp.

Now, two years down the track we see the fruits of our talent all around the league. Two examples of this is potentally the best young centre in the game, Paul Franze…. Is he a Knight? No hes a shark. While we would have loved to hang onto such an explosive talent like that, the salary cap dictated that in order to kick start his career he had to go play for someone else. Therefore, the salary cap works… If there was no salary cap the Tigers wouldn’t be able to afford good young kids like Benji Marshall because he would be sold off at a ridiculous amount of money to a club like, oh, say, the Sydney Roosters…. If you want players you have to sacrifice something…. The knights sacrificed Franze, Bird, Ryder, Ale, Toupou and Jobson so we could keep Joey….. you think we couldn’t have gone to court and argued that the cap was unfair? A host of good young talents were sacrificed for the good of the game. Because that’s what this is.

Basically what im saying Nick, Phil, Ricky, hell whoever is running the circus over there at Bondi is grow the f**k up. You don’t like the rules. Too bad. The rules are in place so we have order and a game to play in Fifty years, not a game that’s dead in five… Think about it.

By the way, I still hate you, you still suck

Cheers

Parki

parki that is quite possibly the best letter i've ever read!!! the one before our last game against the roosters was pretty damn impressive but this tops it! keep it up dude

Kaz

junior
Thanks DMC

I appreciate you pointing that out to me. I bet the others appreicate that as well.

Thanks for the props. It's tough work alerting everyone to all of your little faux pas'.

Anyway, have fun defending the Roosters on this one with your little one-liners.

:lol:

Parki

Bench
Kaz, DMC the last thing anyone needs here is another topic being hijacked by personal vendettas, no matter who started them..... This topic is about the Roosters can we please stick to the subject

Im not issuing blame here to anyone, im just asking that we focus on the topic at hand.... Kaz obviously has a different opinion than everyone else, thats fine, lets let her get her point across no matter how much we disagree with it without name calling etc.... we do have a bigger issue here at stake

That is all....

Parki

Bench
I dont know mate ive only been in the job a few days.... Im asking you BOTH can you please cool it? Your hijacking my topic which means i have a vested interest in stopping it before it escalates any further. I hope you guys both understand and if you really want to snipe at each other, then use PM.... Where we cant see it or have to listen to it....

OK, Mark. Here's a new question for all. Who was worse, the Broncos of 1995 for starting Super League, or the Roosters of 2003 for relentlessy pressing for the right to increase pay to the players they bought off everyone else?

I'd say the f**kers are as bad as each other.

Parki

Bench
I dont think that question solves anything mate, really I dont, and I dont think for your sake you should pursue it..... We cant do anything about 1995 but we CAN learn from the mistakes of the past to make sure that what happened then NEVER EVER happens again..... By that same token are you going to punish the bulldogs for rorting the cap in 2002 or the knights for the drugs crisis? Its time to get on with the show, forget past wrong doings and wipe the slate clean

As of Now I have one grievance and thats the fact that a club can hold this wonderful game to ransom..... if you have any ideas on how we can stop it it would be appreciated

Compare the wankers to the Broncos of 1995, Mark. They're both exactly the same. The timing of this ploy was perfectly executed by gutless lawyers. We're well past the last season and have heaps of time to the next, not to mention the Holiday season distracting all fans.

It's gutless shit like that, which makes me want to compare them to the backdoor shinanigans of the past. Hooting and hollering won't make an ounce of difference in this case. The Roosters will get their way just like the Broncos did.

Kaz

junior
Parki said:
As of Now I have one grievance and thats the fact that a club can hold this wonderful game to ransom..... if you have any ideas on how we can stop it it would be appreciated

The only people who can stop it is the NRL.

If they increase the cap like they said they could in 2005, instead of saying they may not increase it. Then there will be no legal action.

Give it a bone. Players are payed enough as it is and the Roosters should have a good look at their entire argument. The losing and gaining of players throughout a competition is the nature of the game. No club is above the game no matter how inward some people think.

Latest posts