What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters at it again

roopy

Referee
Danish Moo Cow said:
That's OK, Mark. Just one question, how often do mods get warnings on this site?
Moderators get a size 12 up the backside more often than you would think, but it is done behind closed doors, which is the way it has to be, or who would be a bloody moderator???? Believe me, the pay sucks.

Seriously though - sometimes moderators make mistakes, but all actions are supposed to be reported in the moderators forum and pretty well everything done is held up to scrutiny, and sometimes they (the other moderators) have been known to really give each other a serve if they don't agree with an action.

Moderators are accountable - trust me, i know.

melon....

Coach
Parki said:
Once again Rugby League is the laughing stock of the eastern seaboard..... Dennis Fitzgerald (ceo of Parramatta) made a quote this morning that the Roosters are holding "a Gun to the head of the nrl" and I agree..... Im angry which is why ive brought it up in here... We all hate the roosters for whatever reasons, but now they have gone too far... I agree with David Gallop that the Salary cap is the very foundation of a fair and even competion, how else would you describe how Penrith went from last to first in the space of two seasons? Did someone just wave a magic wand out Penrith way? I dont think so..... Well have a situation like Wigan a few years back in ESL where every good player went to Wigan cause all the other teams were sh*t and didnt have any money to make a reasonable offer to them

Basically it comes down to this. I dont care if the knights finish last next year, because they are my team. I care if Andrew Johns is thrown 1.6 billion dollars by a greedy money hungry bastardising club like the Roosters and we dont have a club to sit down and watch get their arses kicked.... I believe in the system. I believe in supporters like Mike Whitney and Andrew Denton who sit through their team struggling like hell to survive in a competition thats fair and true, because they know that with time and patience they will become a force in Rugby League again. You dont win 20 premierships and fight so hard to get back into the comp for nothing. I believe that if the Roosters are gonna put a gun to the head of the NRL then they had better be prepared for a fight, because ill be damned if anyone threatens my competition.... and im sure the other 14 clubs and their supporters arent going to let this happen either not without a fight anyway

You cant put a price on a jersey unless your the Sydney Roosters... the salary cap is designed to stop that.... I was furious that they got Jermaine Ale, one of our most promising juniors. The roosters have 700 juniors which isnt a large base, but putting our great game on the front page for all the wrong reasons again is NOT the answer. Dragging our game through the courts again is NOT the answer. I hope the Roosters realise that they will be playing the broncos every week if this gets up, because its hard to sponsor a game that only has 2 or 3 teams when all the others have folded.
Dennis Fitgerald??!! LOL!! Sure I'll take his word. From a man that promotes Union!! What are you on Parkos?

Doctor

Bench
roopy said:
sometimes they (the other moderators) have been known to really give each other a serve if they don't agree with an action.

Don't I know it. :roll:

As for Parki - you're a very strict policeman....sir. Good to see some stern comments being made. [-X
But you do have a point about topics in general being hijacked by personal fracas (what's the plural form of 'fracas'? 'Fracasas?' ) :?:

Parki

Bench
the plural according to encartas online dictionary of fracas is fracas..... for those of you who are interested

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Parki

Bench
Example : Many a great fracas was had at Aussie Stadium this year due to idiotic rooster fans who had too much sugar in their lattes...

Kaz

junior
Oswin said:
But you do have a point about topics in general being hijacked by personal fracas (what's the plural form of 'fracas'? 'Fracasas?' ) :?:

OK

Kaz is the ordinary dictionary for the common people. :lol:

fracas = sh!t fight. :shock:

Sorry for the language, but I had to explain the word for us common people. ;-)

Kaz goes & hide under the rock she crawled out of this morning. :lol:

Doctor

Bench
Parki said:
the plural according to encartas online dictionary of fracas is fracas..... for those of you who are interested

I see - I was right then. :roll:

OK

Kaz is the ordinary dictionary for the common people.

fracas = sh!t fight.

Sorry for the language, but I had to explain the word for us common people.

Kaz goes & hide under the rock she crawled out of this morning.

My example for the common people, especially those with a knowledge of rugby league: Criminal Carlos of the Broncos (who I thought was being kicked out of Bronco land) who lays punches into innocent Knights players for no reason other than to manifest his rage against the world.

That would, however, be a one-sided fracas - a two sided fracas has never been seen in a Broncos game. ;-)

Providence

Juniors
Oswin said:
Parki said:

I see - I was right then. :roll:

OK

Kaz is the ordinary dictionary for the common people.

fracas = sh!t fight.

Sorry for the language, but I had to explain the word for us common people.

Kaz goes & hide under the rock she crawled out of this morning.

My example for the common people, especially those with a knowledge of rugby league: Criminal Carlos of the Broncos (who I thought was being kicked out of Bronco land) who lays punches into innocent Knights players for no reason other than to manifest his rage against the world.

That would, however, be a one-sided fracas - a two sided fracas has never been seen in a Broncos game. ;-)

Ooh. All I can say is "touche" :D

Yes, the spelling is probably incorrect. ;-)

Kaz

junior
Oswin said:

LMAO

Innocent & Knights players shouldn't be in the same sentence. :lol:

Kazarina is starting her own fracas. :D But it is all in fun.

Carlos is having a fracas with the Broncos & is staying, just to prove them wrong.

antonius

Coach
melon.... said:
Dennis Fitgerald??!! LOL!! Sure I'll take his word. From a man that promotes Union!! What are you on Parkos?
He's on nothing like the stuff your heroes are on Melon. I cannot believe your people are seriously going to do this. Throwing out dummies like Fitzgerald and union are lame compared to what the Goosters are contemplating. The side you spent all of last season (along with most of us) bagging out and chastising, the Dogs didn't even stoop so low as your lot. They would have known there was a chance to test the validity of the cap in the courts, yet even after having their points stripped, and getting fined, they didn't stoop that low, they took it, paid the fine, lost some players and got on with it, something your bunch of spoilt brats could take a lesson from. If you’re not happy with the rules I'll say it again Piss off and start your own super league!!! It all sounds very familiar doesn't it? This whole thing is about getting your own way, even when the other 14 teams come out and say they are against a rise, you still can't accept that is the way it is, I find it unbelievable that you and the rest of your teams fans think this action is acceptable, your team is a bloody disgrace, you can gloss it over with all the Fitzgerald wants to merge with union, and so and so did this shadows, but in the end everyone knows the truth of what's behind it, you just want the rules changed to suit your present situation.
The game starts to get back on an even keel, and then along come the Goosters! Welcome to the world of hate.

Doctor

Bench
The news this morning is that the Roosters plan on proceding with their thus-far threaten legal action. Apparently they have confirmed their intention to take the matter to the Federal Court.

I also noticed that Channel 10's Tim Webster (a shameless Roosters fanatic) included no mention of the Rooster's legal action in Ten's report last night.
I suspect his passionate regard for his club is compromising his news coverage which constitutes a breach of the AJA code of ethics. But this is not new, so don't think that he is the only one doing it. What they can and cannot prove is the issue, not actual breaches of the ethical guidelines.

Ch 10 would probably tell you that the Rooster's story had no legs left so they didn't run with it - legless chicken.....sounds like a Christmas feast.

northey

First Grade
We just want to be successful, say defiant Roosters

head line from the herald today!!!!

hahahahahahahhahaha

Doctor

Bench
Ch 10 would probably tell you that the Rooster's story had no legs left so they didn't run with it - legless chicken.....sounds like a Christmas feast.

I hate to dwell on the one point, but although I'm not a fan of Ch 10 News, I checked it yesterday for word of the Rooster's latest decision - absolutely nothing about it yet they included world soccer news and aerial skiing.

It says a lot about the objectivity of Ten's News coverage.

Was it Tim Webster reading yesterday? If so, there's little wonder why there was no coverage, he wouldn't say a bad thing about his beloved Roosters.

But like I said earlier, coming the week before Christmas this was always going to be the quietest time to have this all come out.

Kaz

junior
Oswin said:
I hate to dwell on the one point, but although I'm not a fan of Ch 10 News, I checked it yesterday for word of the Rooster's latest decision - absolutely nothing about it yet they included world soccer news and aerial skiing.

Considering the Chooks are not talking about it to the media, what do you want Sports Tonight to say.

Roosters still not talking about it.

northey

First Grade
Considering the Chooks are not talking about it to the media, what do you want Sports Tonight to say.

Roosters still not talking about it.

well they are still reporting it on the news on the radio stations... even if it is the same old same old

Smoke-screens and christmas time won't stop people from recognising the Roosters are trying to run the game. Blow over it all you want, Karen. Everyone in the league community is talking about it.

Kaz

junior
Danish Moo Cow said:
Smoke-screens and christmas time won't stop people from recognising the Roosters are trying to run the game.

And only a few months ago it was the Broncos trying to run the game. :lol:

The Million Dollars question is: Who will the next club be trying to run the game. :roll:

Latest posts