What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters coach makes play for unwanted Bulldog

mattyg said:
f**k off Roosters. If they have the money to afford Willie Mason on their books i'll jump. Anasta/Myles/O'Meley alone are on well over $1 million between them.

Priceless........:D

Ausguy said:
surely paying him nearly nothing for the first year of the contract is a break of the rules, i mean its not morally right is it?
he should be payed whatever his worth is right now, otherwise id like to pay for the aussie back line please just for next year then when we win the comp we will deal with the following year punishment for blowing the cap.
they should not be allowed to have him until the players they plan to offload the following year are no longer at the club, it is 100% A RORT of nextyears cap if its alllowed to work like that.

You mean like the Shifty sherwin case with an incremental salary over 5 years. The bulldogs invented breaking the rules. They busted the cap yet signed Andrew Ryan.
Yeah what a RORT.

Different kind of Rabbit said:
Mason ----> over rated
O'Meley ----> past his best
Myles ----> ha ha ha ha ha ha
Nutley ----> way past his used by date

Still, you could have the best forward pack in the comp and it means bugger all if you have sh!t halves.

If our half's are so sh*te then why are souffs fans still crying and bitter over missing Anasta???

If O'Melley is past his best then Kidwell must be way way past his best.:D

NGR

Juniors
Rocky_Da_Rooster said:
If our half's are so sh*te then why are souffs fans still crying and bitter over missing Anasta???

we are happy we dont have anasta...

kiddy is getting on but he isnt there as an impact player, he is there to help bring the younger guys up... we had too many kids running around before we just needed to balance it out...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
melon.... said:
f**k off you toofless wanka. Hypocritical bunch of f**king wanna be roosters. Copy everything...EVERYTHING WE DO...except do it worse. f**k you Souffs...the plague of the league. Diseased scum. Die for f**ks sake.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are great for a laugh Bruce, I'll give you that. But just because you think of something (I know, it probably doesn't happen often, hence your excitement) that does not mean that you have to say it or type it out. The problem being that you make yourself look like a complete tit, but as I said, I do get a laugh out of it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I tell you what Manly did, in 2004 they made 2 upfront payments to Brent Kite and Ben Kennedy to sign with them for the 2005 season, the upfront payment was under the 2004 sallary cap.

at the time it was shrewd cunning and very smart move by the club.

Lego_Man

First Grade
You cant make upfront payments (otherwise known as sign-on bonuses) under the new regulations.

Ausguy

Coach
the bondi spy said:
SPOT THE MORON :sarcasm:

haha the MORON would be you..... 3 posts all in 3 minutes quoting people.... you do know u can do them all in one post dont u.......by the way what was MORONIC about my post

OVP

Coach
melon.... said:
f**k off you toofless wanka. Hypocritical bunch of f**king wanna be roosters. Copy everything...EVERYTHING WE DO...except do it worse. f**k you Souffs...the plague of the league. Diseased scum. Die for f**ks sake.

Sniff Sniff ... Ahhh i love to smell the fear. I love the FEAR. They ARE scared of us Melon, they always will be. :lol: And its not just Souffs ...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lego_Man said:
You cant make upfront payments (otherwise known as sign-on bonuses) under the new regulations.

exactly, the rule was changed after that..;-)

ozzie

Bench
Rocky_Da_Rooster said:

did he have a best? I think his best games were played at the McDonalds Football Stadium.

gavin

Juniors
Some Hull F.C fans think Mason is on his way to them, can someone put them out of they misery?

C.P

Juniors
As far as the Roosters making a play for Mason goes apparently Fittler has told Politis that if Mason goes to Bondi he can manage him and he'll win them the comp, Politis however views Mason as a troublemaker and isnt that interested so meetings happening in the next few days will decide whether Fittler can convince Politis that its worth putting a deal together and making a play for him.............all depending of course if the Dogs decide to release him on Wednesday

If he goes Melon will be so pleased to see his team turning into the Bulldogs of the East :lol:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
C.P said:
As far as the Roosters making a play for Mason goes apparently Fittler has told Politis that if Mason goes to Bondi he can manage him and he'll win them the comp, Politis however views Mason as a troublemaker and isnt that interested so meetings happening in the next few days will decide whether Fittler can convince Politis that its worth putting a deal together and making a play for him.............all depending of course if the Dogs decide to release him on Wednesday

The release is a done deal.. I think you are pretty accurate with the Roosters situation.. I have mixed feelings about him possibly coming to the Roosters. Even if Noad is a tool and I reckon he is.. Mason is carrying on like a spoilt brat. He can be a damaging player but we will have to cut players to accommodate him.. I would gladly release Harrison, Shackleton and Roberts to fit him ni but would hate to lose the likes of Perrett and Lopini Paea at the end of next season to get him.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Mason is over-rated, his best days are behind him. Ditto O'Meley.

Looks like the transit lounge days of old are back in full swing at Sydney.