What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters coach makes play for unwanted Bulldog

Concierge

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
Mason is over-rated, his best days are behind him. Ditto O'Meley.

Looks like the transit lounge days of old are back in full swing at Sydney.

Your one of the biggest fools in here mate you spend all your time and effort bagging the roosters, you really need to get over it and focus on your own team. Your like a cheap broken record. :crazy: :lol: :crazy:

Get over it and move on, so souffs are the best and pride of the leauge and all that jazz.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Concierge said:
Your one of the biggest fools in here mate you spend all your time and effort bagging the roosters, you really need to get over it and focus on your own team. Your like a cheap broken record. :crazy: :lol: :crazy:

Get over it and move on, so souffs are the best and pride of the leauge and all that jazz.

No, I don't. I spend the vast majority of my time on this forum in the International sections. You've made yourself look like a fool by typing that.

But yes, Souths are the best and the pride of the league. Thanks, though we don't really need the acknowledgement.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL@THEOTHERBULLDOGS if they take on Mason.

Charlie Tonga, Mason, Myles, Anasta, Shrek... who next boys?

D

Deleted member 10972

S.S.T.I.D said:
Mason is over-rated, his best days are behind him. Ditto O'Meley.

Looks like the transit lounge days of old are back in full swing at Sydney.

This is coming from a guy who supports a club that signed David Peachey, Nigel Vagana, Shannon Hegarty, Paul Mellor, David Kidwell, Dean Widders, even Shane Elford before he cancelled the deal, all who have their best days behind them.

If you didn't notice, Roosters recently re-signed young guns Setaimata Sa, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Iosia Soliola, Mitchell Aubusson, Mitchell Pearce, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Danny Williams, along with having youthful firebrands Nate Myles & James Aubusson contracted as well. All are signed on till 2009 at least, & expect Lopini Paea & Sam Perrett, both contracted till the end of 2008, to follow suite.

That right there is the foundations of a great young first grade team without the 'transit lounge' aspects. Anasta will provide the direction for the team as the key player along with Minichiello, whilst Fitzgibbon, O'Meley, Nutley have been signed on mainly for experience & solidity in the pack. These two aspects are vital for a good young team to maintain consistency.

This just leaves those players in limbo, like Tupou, Harrison, Roberts, John Williams, Shillington, Shackleton, Hopoate, Ndaira, Foley, etc. These are the players whose contracts also expire this year, & are expected to either step up or ship out.

So i don't see how the 'transit lounge' is in full effect. Signing someone past their best doesn't necessarily mean 'transit lounge'. If it does, then i guess Souths are the worst culprit of the lot, & shows your typical double standards,

:crazy: <--- LOL@Souffs fans trying to handle common sense.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The Mack said:
This is coming from a guy who supports a club that signed David Peachey, Nigel Vagana, Shannon Hegarty, Paul Mellor, David Kidwell, Dean Widders, even Shane Elford before he cancelled the deal, all who have their best days behind them.

If you didn't notice, Roosters recently re-signed young guns Setaimata Sa, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Iosia Soliola, Mitchell Aubusson, Mitchell Pearce, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Danny Williams, along with having youthful firebrands Nate Myles & James Aubusson contracted as well. All are signed on till 2009 at least, & expect Lopini Paea & Sam Perrett, both contracted till the end of 2008, to follow suite.

That right there is the foundations of a great young first grade team without the 'transit lounge' aspects. Anasta will provide the direction for the team as the key player along with Minichiello, whilst Fitzgibbon, O'Meley, Nutley have been signed on mainly for experience & solidity in the pack. These two aspects are vital for a good young team to maintain consistency.

This just leaves those players in limbo, like Tupou, Harrison, Roberts, John Williams, Shillington, Shackleton, Hopoate, Ndaira, Foley, etc. These are the players whose contracts also expire this year, & are expected to either step up or ship out.

So i don't see how the 'transit lounge' is in full effect. Signing someone past their best doesn't necessarily mean 'transit lounge'. If it does, then i guess Souths are the worst culprit of the lot, & shows your typical double standards,

Touched a raw nerve did I princess?

Timmah

Staff member
Concierge said:

Hate to say it but it's the majority of Rooster fans doing the harping on these days on these forums. Always chirping on about how they think Souths are in their shadow. Facts are, Souths are a far more successful club and the Roosters are jealous. The only "upper hand" is more seasons in the league over the 100 years. That's about it.

Timmah said:
The only "upper hand" is more seasons in the league over the 100 years. That's about it.

or 18 wins in the last 20 meetings between us :lol: f**k off tim tam put that head away

most of our fans are the instigators LOL who outside of melon? name names. are we the ones starting sh*t stirs threads like "paea vs pearce" check out how our sub forum is flooded with these dole bludgers from redfern

lol poor timmy needs a life outside of the forum. the scary thing is you will reply with 74 threads proving me wrong :roll:

aids

Bench
Timmah said:

not culter, becuase he is a great replacment for fitzy

Timmah said:

lol does that make souths the LOL@THEOTHERROSTERS?

minichiello
macdougall
kidwell
widders
hegarty
webb
cusack
fletcher

honestly you just stay out of a roosters/rabbits debate. you got a hard on for us simply because everyone else does.

NGR

Juniors
The Mack said:

common sense? righteo

lets just forget about what happened last season and the progress souths are making now and just do the usual rooster response... but we were winning a few years back... :roll:

NGR

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
or 18 wins in the last 20 meetings between us :lol: f**k off tim tam put that head away

most of our fans are the instigators LOL who outside of melon? name names. are we the ones starting sh*t stirs threads like "paea vs pearce" check out how our sub forum is flooded with these dole bludgers from redfern

lol poor timmy needs a life outside of the forum. the scary thing is you will reply with 74 threads proving me wrong :roll:
you are a muppett of the highest order...

i ask a question which gets close to 50/50 and suddenly in sh*t stirring...

dole bludgers from redfern? nice stereotype, does that mean you are a zionist?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The Mack said:
Nice comeback.

Didn't expect much better.

You, like the rest of the fans of your club, are beneath me. I don't argue with those of inferior intellect.

D

Deleted member 10972

NGR said:
common sense? righteo

lets just forget about what happened last season and the progress souths are making now and just do the usual rooster response... but we were winning a few years back... :roll:

What does that have to do with anything?

The point i was trying to make was that some of the Souths fans have no real right calling Roosters a transit lounge for signing over-the-top experienced players when Souths do the exact same thing. Results aside, teams sign older players for the same reasons, experienced heads. Scott Logan at Raiders, Craig Smith & Luke Davico at Knights. And plenty of Souths players.

Roosters signed Nutley & Beattie for experience, same with John Doyle. O'Meley is there for the very same reason, to ease the younger forwards Paea (who was banked on highly after we missed out on Asotasi), Sa, Tupou & the rest of them. Yet you call us a transit lounge? Why did you guys sign Cusack? Why did you guys sign Vagana? Why did you guys sign Kidwell? Mellor? Widders?

It defies logic. But it is what is to be expected. Like how fans seem to forget Justin Hodges playing BRILLIANT in 2002 & the beginning of 2003 before getting injured & returning as a terrible player mid 2004. How other fans were so willing to take cheapshots at Braith when he struggled last year, but conveniently go into hiding or remain oblivious to Braith's much improved form this year. How some fans seem to blast Myles when remember he is only in his early 20's, & this year's performances by him were far better than what Morley was like in his first year with us. In a few yaers time i can imagine fans looking back on Monaghan as acomplete dud, & forget how good he was for us this year.

If you are going to take cheapshots at a club, at least do your research first & don't rely on the hearsay of forums. Mass opinion has nothing on cold hard facts.

D

Deleted member 10972

S.S.T.I.D said:
You, like the rest of the fans of your club, are beneath me. I don't argue with those of inferior intellect.

That is such a poor, mind-numbingly bad response, i am not going to even say it is a Souths fans problem, they should be mighty embarressed to have you as a fan.

"You must be dumber then me, because you go for a footy team that is a rival of mine"

How old are you again?

Hanscholo

Bench
"I'll fit into the culture because I already drink latte."

Hes sooooo funny hey, really really funny guy....wow too hillarious.

Who would spend more than 10k on a fuctard like this bloke? If the Roosters are that short on talent for next season then willie wont help.

NGR

Juniors
The Mack said:
What does that have to do with anything?

The point i was trying to make was that some of the Souths fans have no real right calling Roosters a transit lounge for signing over-the-top experienced players when Souths do the exact same thing. Results aside, teams sign older players for the same reasons, experienced heads. Scott Logan at Raiders, Craig Smith & Luke Davico at Knights. And plenty of Souths players.

Roosters signed Nutley & Beattie for experience, same with John Doyle. O'Meley is there for the very same reason, to ease the younger forwards Paea (who was banked on highly after we missed out on Asotasi), Sa, Tupou & the rest of them. Yet you call us a transit lounge? Why did you guys sign Cusack? Why did you guys sign Vagana? Why did you guys sign Kidwell? Mellor? Widders?

It defies logic. But it is what is to be expected. Like how fans seem to forget Justin Hodges playing BRILLIANT in 2002 & the beginning of 2003 before getting injured & returning as a terrible player mid 2004. How other fans were so willing to take cheapshots at Braith when he struggled last year, but conveniently go into hiding or remain oblivious to Braith's much improved form this year. How some fans seem to blast Myles when remember he is only in his early 20's, & this year's performances by him were far better than what Morley was like in his first year with us. In a few yaers time i can imagine fans looking back on Monaghan as acomplete dud, & forget how good he was for us this year.

If you are going to take cheapshots at a club, at least do your research first & don't rely on the hearsay of forums. Mass opinion has nothing on cold hard facts.
well if you are going to consider signings prior to HAC and crowe takeover then you havnt done your research... We were a transit lounge and are slowly getting rid of those who came along for the paycheck.

As for the roosters, from my opionion some recent signings are reminisant of the old souths signings...

D

Deleted member 10972

NGR said:
well if you are going to consider signings prior to HAC and crowe takeover then you havnt done your research... We were a transit lounge and are slowly getting rid of those who came along for the paycheck.

As for the roosters, from my opionion some recent signings are reminisant of the old souths signings...

Craig Wing fits the bill of a player who has played his best footy at another club, took the more expensive offer. He has been signed to offer experience to your halves, he will still play well, but he has peaked as a footballer.

SOME recent signings have been duds, but most weren't paycheck signings. The only genune paycheck signings we made that dudded out was Firman. Harrison gained a serious injury that put him out for a long time, as did Monaghan, & when they were n the field they weren't used right anyway. When Freddy took over, notice how both of their forms picked up. Roberts was shocking this year, but in 05 & 06 was our top tryscorer.

The Souths signings like Muir, Fletcher, etc were over the hill duds who the club payed LOADS for, Nutley & Beattie weren't that expensive.

Under Sticky, he chose the route of signing marquee players as opposed to youth, didn't work too well. Anderson chose to purchase size & experience, didn't work too well either. Freddy chose to re-sign youth & find an experienced player who isn't far too slow & sluggish for FG standard.

Timmah

Staff member
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:

And in that period where you won 18 of your last 20 against them, you won how many premierships? One?

Oh what an era.

Facts and stats have it at this:

Souths 20 premierships, Eastern Suburbs/Sydney City/Sydney Roosters 11.

Souths v Easts/SC/SR:
195 games, Souths 103-87 (5 draws)

If you're gonna pull a stat out, pull out a complete stat, not one that makes your team look good recently only. The all-time figures are the ones to look at and over all-time, your team is the little brother, THIRD in fact behind the old and mighty Dragons.

I won't dignify your personal attacks either, because I know you can do far better.

NGR said:
you are a muppett of the highest order...

i ask a question which gets close to 50/50 and suddenly in sh*t stirring...

dole bludgers from redfern? nice stereotype, does that mean you are a zionist?

then what was the point of comparing the souths half back to the easts one :roll: f**king tool

what recent signings have we made that were like you guys did? how many best days behind them players did we sign? nutley was one our best. beattie i will give you. who else?