What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Knights Discussion

Serc

First Grade
bedsy is on report....
thats devasting.
nature was callin when the incident happened?
thoughts on it? how many weeks approx..
all in all great win against a form side. im stoked

Should be no charge - accident as JM said.

* Kidley at 7 - should never be done again. He had a solid game, but was let down by his long kicking game. Had a few nice touches, but is more dangerous playing fullback when he can chime in when he feels the need.

Seconded - had a good game for Gidley lots of great metres/runs and a bunch of good touches, regularly looking dangerous...but a poor game for a halfback.

In fact I would say that we should never see Gidley + Bailey in the halves again, one or the other paired with Dureau/Walshy/Mullo is fine (yes even Kids at 5/8th), but not both together.

Yes I know others were injured today, however with a decent halfback we could've put 30+ points on the Roosters in the 2nd half today...

Alex28

Coach
Yep, I hear the Warriors are gonna throw Steve Price in at halfback when he returns

Based on last night that might not be a bad option!

So tell me mate...who do you put in at half while Mullen and Dureau are out and Walsh is not judged to be good enough for the top grade?

knights_86

Juniors
Was good that we didn't play that great until the final 20 which has been our best passage of footy in EVERY game so far this year. A few things though:

* Houston really needs to get his backside kicked. He gives away stupid penalties at times and today he put a kick through on the 3rd tackle. WTF?

totally agree, houston was pretty poor today and gave away a few crucial penalties.. needs to work on his discipline

* Buderus report - he did hit Perrett in the side of the head with an elbow, no doubt about it, but it wasn't cocked or anything and he was just going in for a shoulder charge and Perrett slipped. Shouldn't have too much to worry about.

hmm, yeah was definitely an elbow to the head but nothing malicious. shouldnt really have a charge

* Kidley at 7 - should never be done again. He had a solid game, but was let down by his long kicking game. Had a few nice touches, but is more dangerous playing fullback when he can chime in when he feels the need.

agree again, gids is NOT a 7. he tried hard as always and had a solid game but we definitely need dureau, mullen or walsh as halfback

Serc

First Grade
Mullo/Dureau - I'd expect they could both be back next game, certainly Mullo.

Simmo - Possibly next game (Titans) too.

PS: Alex: Walsh

:p

Bicey_18

Bench
I think after today our halves will be Bailey/Mullen...

On today's match, tremendous work by the boys! To hold the Roosters scoreless in that 2nd half was a great effort.

Im sure Bedsy wont be suspended, and I think we will really need him when we play the Titans in 2 weeks. Though if he does get suspended, would it count with him being a certainty for the Country side?

Coopah_Knights

Juniors
Mullo/Dureau - I'd expect they could both be back next game, certainly Mullo.

Simmo - Possibly next game (Titans) too.

PS: Alex: Walsh

:p

thanks heaps mate..
knights next target the bye.
we need all the boys back for that HUGE clash :lol:

astrogirl

First Grade
Wow! I am too excited to read this entire thread for the moment, I'm just glad we won! *jumps up and down like a lunatic*

Serc

First Grade
Yep top stats there (bit surprising even), speaking of stats:

Total metres
Roosters: 1185m
Knights: 1602m

Talk about steamrolling another team...

keeney

First Grade
He was running like a man possessed, his leg drive after initial contact was fantastic all day long. I didn't realise til those defense stats were posted a week ago, but Royal's workload defensively and his tackles missed to attempted are both unbelievably good. Today just confirms it. I take back all the negativity I slung his way during the Warriors game.

otori

Juniors
Bailey had a terrific game today. Wonder what the top halves combo choice will be with him, Dureau and Mullen fit in a few weeks?

Latest posts