What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, NRL have failed Todd Carney

super_coach

First Grade
The Chooks like most clubs would not sack their best player. For clubs its all about winning and that what keeps the dollars rolling in. Okay sponsorship can get a bit shaky when players start to misbehave but they also know that a winning team will give them far more exposure and thats why they put their money up in the first place. If Carney was your average run of the mill players he would have been shown the door years ago and their lies the double standards, but dont think the Chooks are the only club that has double standards.

For me okay he is a serial offender, but he has not belted a old lady or smeared you know what over a hotel room, really his offenses since being with the chooks are minor. He needs to be flated and looked after by a strong mentor and Iam sure he will come good,some kids are slow learners!!!

CMUX

Why the f**k should the Roosters or the NRL have to do a damn thing to help him?? Name me another employer in the whole world who would make it their responsibility to help an employee who obviously had problems and continually f**ked up.
Hell no! They'd be kicked to the curb and told to man the f**k up and take responsibility for their own actions/life etc. It would be a case of work that sh*t out or be unemployed and possibly land in jail!!

The NRL should STOP holding the hands of these grown men and make them stand on their own two feet and live and die by their own choices! Just like the rest of us plebs have to.

Well I am not sure who you work for but they don’t sound like a very good employer. There are signs everywhere in my office about the importance of being honest with your employer if you have an issue i.e. alcoholism.

Typical idiot isolating things like everything is an island.

The last 2 incidents are not huge by themselves, but as part of a long line of indiscretions their seriousness is more important. Especially after what was said (by both him and the judge) the last time he was in court.

If he had done anything worthy of appearing in court than there would be an issue.

get amongst it

Juniors
leave the poor kid alone, atleast he gets amongst it!
i seen him on the GC a few months back with proctor lining shots up on the bar.
the kid can drink. good on him

Helen

Juniors
I'm surprised that his team mates sit there and watch him drink. They would be well aware of the pledge he made earlier in the season.

He always seems to find the biggest dipsh*ts to hang around with. In Canberra it was Bronx Goodwin and now it seems to be Friend and Watts.

Might be that Carney is the dipsh*t that the others hang around.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Why the f**k should the Roosters or the NRL have to do a damn thing to help him?? Name me another employer in the whole world who would make it their responsibility to help an employee who obviously had problems and continually f**ked up.
Hell no! They'd be kicked to the curb and told to man the f**k up and take responsibility for their own actions/life etc. It would be a case of work that sh*t out or be unemployed and possibly land in jail!!

The NRL should STOP holding the hands of these grown men and make them stand on their own two feet and live and die by their own choices! Just like the rest of us plebs have to.

actually govt employers cant sack someone for something liek alcoholism until they've show they've made an attempt to rehabilitate the employee first, which includes providing support to counselling/AA etc. i dont agree with it but thats the case. its another great example of not taking responsibility for your actions.

It's an interesting situation.

2. He requested permission from the club to travel to Goulburn to visit his mother and/or promised the club he would be having a quiet night in (depending which paper you read). Either way, he specifically promised them he would not be out partying.

this is what will ge him into the sh*t. the chooks cant let this slide or the other players will see it as preferential treatment or an opportunity to lie to the club and do whatever they want

For me okay he is a serial offender, but he has not belted a old lady or smeared you know what over a hotel room, really his offenses since being with the chooks are minor. He needs to be flated and looked after by a strong mentor and Iam sure he will come good,some kids are slow learners!!!

when he was booted out of canberra he had something like 31 or 32 misdemeanors counted by the club. most of the public only knew the big ones like running from the cops and pissing on people. who's to say eh ahsnt racked up a fair few incidents in his time at the chooks that they've managed to keep under wraps?

adamkungl

Immortal
when he was booted out of canberra he had something like 31 or 32 misdemeanors counted by the club. most of the public only knew the big ones like running from the cops and pissing on people. who's to say eh ahsnt racked up a fair few incidents in his time at the chooks that they've managed to keep under wraps?

Glad to see we're no longer judging his career on rumour, and we've moved on to wild speculation.

:roll:

deadly serious.

basically he said that the report wasnt finished yet b/c the roosters chairman was in Greece

he said it would be handed to the NRL this afternoon.

clearly he didnt need a press conference for that!

No doubt the delay is to allow more time for negotiatiing with the NRL what is the lightest punishment they will permit Easts to get away with.

For his own good, Carney should be stood down from football until he goes through a serious treatment plan and is independently assessed as having met some agreed milestones.

Glad to see we're no longer judging his career on rumour, and we've moved on to wild speculation.

cool, wild speculation! Up there with stereotypes for making arguments simple and convenient. :sarcasm:

Although in Carney's case, him doing stupid sh*t while pissed is more like reasonably grounded speculation rather than wild.:D

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade

haha.

Please mate,

Carney is a deadbeat who only has one positive and that is his footy. The kid would be in jail if it weren't for the footy.

Imagine what it would take for your home city to ban you?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
has anybody else seen gallop talking outside hq on FSN? he was blunt as hell at the start, you could tell he is pretty pissed off

Broncomum

Juniors
has anybody else seen gallop talking outside hq on FSN? he was blunt as hell at the start, you could tell he is pretty pissed off

"If he'd engaged in anti-social behaviour, if he'd brought himself to the attention of the people that are running these establishments for behaving poorly, then he'd have a target on his back that we wouldn't miss," Gallop said.

"Our own investigations indicate he didn't behave badly in those establishments, but there's a big question mark over what he was doing there, and what his mental state was to find himself there in such a public place.

"This is a guy with a history, a guy who gave some pretty big undertakings to the world a couple of weeks ago and I think it's his reckless disregard for those undertakings that's perhaps the most alarming aspect of where he's at.

"... to go to (Kings) Cross, where he was bound to be seen, to me shows that he is very much a troubled person at the moment, and that makes me sad for him."

Gallop said the NRL and the Roosters would be guided by the advice of medical experts.

Sounds as though Gallop understands the seriousness of Carney's problems though. Perhaps that accounts for his serious tone?

Latest posts