What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Out of Junior Comps

krudmonk

Juniors
as soon as they're old enough they piss off to the highest bidder anyway. What's the point?
That would be a great point if the Roosters themselves were not so guilty of this poaching. You're pitting the perps as the victims.

sretsoor

Juniors
Sonic wont answer because they contribute $0.00 to the juniors, in fact they were in the habit of taking money from the juniors to keep their club afloat.

Answer the question Sonic.

sass

Juniors
That would be a great point if the Roosters themselves were not so guilty of this poaching. You're pitting the perps as the victims.

oh my god that is such a cop out. EVERY team does this. there have been a thousand threads where people compare how many true juniors each club has and the numbers aren't pretty for any of them.

Ram Man

Juniors
Your lame question was answered.

Ring the club and find out.

I'm to busy humpin your mum :lol:

Enjoy watchin the Roosters in SG Ball and Harold Matts next year ...... oh wait

If any Roosters teams should be cut it should be the NRL team.

Mum jokes...how f**king pathetic....

TheDalek079

Bench
The Roosters have four junior clubs. How many do the Rabbitohs have? None (all juniors in their areas are affiliated with Souffs juniors, not the rabbitohs). So who has less juniors?

And just ignore the idiot named sonicstar. he's just bitter that he can only remember souffs beating Easts twice, whilst remember losing to them 15+ times.

Ram Man

Juniors
The Roosters have four junior clubs. How many do the Rabbitohs have? None (all juniors in their areas are affiliated with Souffs juniors, not the rabbitohs). So who has less juniors?

And just ignore the idiot named sonicstar. he's just bitter that he can only remember souffs beating Easts twice, whilst remember losing to them 15+ times.

Even when I mentioned in the start of this thread that some Souths fans just talk $hit and add nothing to the debate but bull$hit and insults....DKOR added to the conversation without carrying on like a 5 year old and raised valid points, but in came Sonic and started with the mum jokes.....:roll:

I dont think any Roosters fans here really agree with what has happened but have raised points for a possible reason for the decision.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I think in the haze of all the Rooster bashing everyone is missing the point. Clubs are in trouble bigtime because I guarantee if the Roosters are then there are many Sydney clubs far worse off.

I think it is inevitable that teams will need to relocate and/or merge (including perhaps the Roosters). The sydney market is just no longer viable for that many teams.

drake

First Grade
oh my god that is such a cop out. EVERY team does this. there have been a thousand threads where people compare how many true juniors each club has and the numbers aren't pretty for any of them.
Until recently, St George Illawarra's 'poaching' has been limited to discarded youngsters and busted veterans. We've constantly suffered raids on our roster from clubs domestic and international.

Darius Boyd and Neville Costigan are our first representative signings since Wayne Bartrim.

Compare that with the Roosters, hell, you've scabbed a few of ours.

True Juniors for the Dragons in 2009, from what we know as the squad in no particular order. This does not include Developed juniors that played at no other club.
Cooper
Morris
Nightingale
Stanley
Hornby
Head
Poore
Creagh
Dan Hunt
Prior
Young
Whare

That's 12, in what will be our least junior centric season.

Count the number of players in other clubs that got their start or their first real chance at the Dragons.

Ram Man

Juniors
Until recently, St George Illawarra's 'poaching' has been limited to discarded youngsters and busted veterans. We've constantly suffered raids on our roster from clubs domestic and international.

Darius Boyd and Neville Costigan are our first representative signings since Wayne Bartrim.

Compare that with the Roosters, hell, you've scabbed a few of ours.

True Juniors for the Dragons in 2009, from what we know as the squad in no particular order. This does not include Developed juniors that played at no other club.
Cooper
Morris
Nightingale
Stanley
Hornby
Head
Poore
Creagh
Dan Hunt
Prior
Young
Whare

That's 12, in what will be our least junior centric season.

Count the number of players in other clubs that got their start or their first real chance at the Dragons.

You raise a fair point Drake and the Dragons have a strong nursery.
But I have another point myself.
How can any team really classify some players as "thier" juniors....
A lot of these kids have come from Country areas or other Districts to play Ball or HM, so they didnt necessarily come from that particular club.
Sure they spend money on them bringing them down to Sydney and setting them up or whatever, but the fact of the matter remains that some of these kids learn the skills and basics at Country clubs or clubs not affiliated with any NRL teams. They recognise Talent then bring them into to further develop.
People claim for example that James Aubusson was a Roosters Junior.
He came to Sydney at the age of 18 to play SG Ball after plying his trade in the Country (Lismore). Does this really make hima Roosters Junior...IMO it doesnt.
Unless they are born and bred in that area, IMO I dont think any club can claim them as a junior.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Given that Eastern Suburbs gave up on their juniors years ago,why aint they in the gun to be relocated to Perth, South Aust or QLD,maybe then they can restart and build up some juniors.
Their should be at least 2 or 3 other clubs considering their positions as well,Easts have never been ibterested in their own juniors only other peoples,the transit lounge reopen for business

Tom Ace

Bench
Not the butt of this joke, that would be Roosters inc., so I'd say he's right to come on in.

Are the Roosters even a club anymore if they don't support anything but the big money stuff?? Or a corporate franchise run out of a gambling den?

sh*t, the Melbourne Bruise might be doing more for grass roots footy.

My apologies...If "jokes" about juniors are the extent of it then carry on.

They cut a little deeper each time. :sarcasm:

Shows the pathetic set up of the NRL and NSWRL. Gys at the top like Gallop wonder why the f#ck, things like the whole Sonny Bill Williams saga happen. I maintain, that if you divide the junior regions fairly amongst Clubs and give them concessions for bringing young players all the way through the system and into first grade, this will have two desired effects.

1. It will mean that the young bloke has a desire to play for the 1st grade team in his Junior region, because he will have identified with it from the minute he first piked up a Footy.

2. It would help to limit players becoming mercenaries as they get older and chasing the highest bid. (If the club was given a concession, the highest bid would generally come from his home club).

One of the greatest problems with the NRL today is that blokes like Sonny Bill (although he is a slightly different case) are brought through the system and made into Superstars by one club and they have no way of stopping him from going to the highest bidder come contract time. As mentioned earlier by some knowledgeable person, if their is no reward in bringing Juniors through the system, then clubs will decide that having Juniors is an expensive waste of time. The Roosters are the trickle that will lead to the stream imo.

Ram Man

Juniors
Shows the pathetic set up of the NRL and NSWRL. Gys at the top like Gallop wonder why the f#ck, things like the whole Sonny Bill Williams saga happen. I maintain, that if you divide the junior regions fairly amongst Clubs and give them concessions for bringing young players all the way through the system and into first grade, this will have two desired effects.

1. It will mean that the young bloke has a desire to play for the 1st grade team in his Junior region, because he will have identified with it from the minute he first piked up a Footy.

2. It would help to limit players becoming mercenaries as they get older and chasing the highest bid. (If the club was given a concession, the highest bid would generally come from his home club).

One of the greatest problems with the NRL today is that blokes like Sonny Bill (although he is a slightly different case) are brought through the system and made into Superstars by one club and they have no way of stopping him from going to the highest bidder come contract time. As mentioned earlier by some knowledgeable person, if their is no reward in bringing Juniors through the system, then clubs will decide that having Juniors is an expensive waste of time. The Roosters are the trickle that will lead to the stream imo.

Exactly...the NSWRL again fail to have any input into development and providing pathways to the NRL for the kids.
Great idea DKOR...I think the Roosters are the first of many clubs to take this step...sure they will be hammered by bad press and fans from all teams but it is a reality in this world that money is everything and with the shortage there is in the game and the world at the moment...unfortunately some things have to be cut.
I feel for the kids who were involved this year and were trialing, it would be so devastating for these kids.

Pass the Ball

Juniors

You realy are a Different Kind Of Rabbit..

Kudos to you..

You make a lot of sense..

You realy are a Different Kind Of Rabbit..

Kudos to you..

You make a lot of sense..

I still think the Roosters suck big hairy balls, however sometimes you have to put personal feelings aside to make a point! :)

The NRL, NSWRL and News Limited are allowing the game to move away from a lot of the traditions that have made it great. Those that know anything about me will know that I f**king hate AFL, however they do have a great Junior set up. If we allow our Junior system to fall into disrepair then we play directly into their hands and the next Greg Inglis, or Israel Folau ends up playing for the West Sydney Celtics or whatever the hell that West Sydney fairy ball team is going to be called:crazy:

If you get things right at the bottom level, then the top level will look after itself.

drake

First Grade
You raise a fair point Drake and the Dragons have a strong nursery.
But I have another point myself.
How can any team really classify some players as "thier" juniors....
A lot of these kids have come from Country areas or other Districts to play Ball or HM, so they didnt necessarily come from that particular club.
Sure they spend money on them bringing them down to Sydney and setting them up or whatever, but the fact of the matter remains that some of these kids learn the skills and basics at Country clubs or clubs not affiliated with any NRL teams. They recognise Talent then bring them into to further develop.
People claim for example that James Aubusson was a Roosters Junior.
He came to Sydney at the age of 18 to play SG Ball after plying his trade in the Country (Lismore). Does this really make hima Roosters Junior...IMO it doesnt.
Unless they are born and bred in that area, IMO I dont think any club can claim them as a junior.
That's why I only included players from the Illawarra and St george districts. There are plenty of others that have come to the Dragons as juniors, but are from country areas.

That said, look what help it is. Most of the top teams are from a one team town or have FA juniors.

TheDalek079

Bench
if there is going to be concessions for juniors in the first grade team, then the number of junior clubs have to be roughly equal first