What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Root cause of 2nd half poor performance.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
I cant put my finger on it bet geez we did our best to give them the game . Again.
Trindalls kicking & repeat sets was the sole reason we didnt.

Some key points
34 missed tackles 2nd half
3 ball steals
2 disallowed trys, but I thought katoa ,again, was rorted by the bunker.
Inability by anybody to conjure up a line break try against an extremely broken defensive line
Fatigue. We were out on our feet, yet fitz only played Hunt & Talaka for a combined 30 minutes.
Were we fatigued from the Melb game & travel?

If I gave a rating for those halves I would give 8/10 for first & 3/10 for 2nd half.

Pretty fair, spot on assessment mate.
The ball steals did my head in, did Iro have two against him, or just that one shocker?

I think Talakai was battling to be actually play the game, which would explain his short stints, Hunts is sort of par for the course.
Ramien was most definitely nowhere near right to play and I daresay if it was a club round game he wouldn't have.

Eion

First Grade
I cant put my finger on it bet geez we did our best to give them the game . Again.

Some key points
3 ball steals
Inability by anybody to conjure up a line break try against an extremely broken defensive line
Fatigue. We were out on our feet, yet fitz only played Hunt & Talaka for a combined 30 minutes.

If I gave a rating for those halves I would give 8/10 for first & 3/10 for 2nd half.
I feel that fitzy has been a little late with his first forward rotation last 2 weeks. We were very lucky not to concede just after the 20 min mark and with a 4 forward bench I don’t know why he didn’t make the first change sooner.
A fair bit went against us second half with disallowed tries. But they steadied the ship and job done

DJDL

First Grade

I wondered about this one myself.
The only thing I could come up with is we were well in front, and he was saving them a little for next week.
Might be clutching at straws though.
And once again I am perplexed by Fitzy's use of the bench.

The ball steals did my head in, did Iro have two against him, or just that one shocker?

He had two.
Very disappointed in that part of his game as otherwise he was very strong.

taipan

Referee
The second half fade is in the team's DNA. I could fill a library with the number of times we've had a huge or decent half time lead and lost over the many years(hello Manly, Warriors) I have sucked oxygen on this lump of rock.
It's not coaching ? Is it over conditioning, that they are buggered in the 2nd half ? Team structure not enough big fast mules in the forwards who can suck up the punishment and hand it out ? Where are the frequent offloads of the pill?
Backs caught out defensively by switching of play by the attack ?
Penrith method may be the clue.Each player seems to have attacking & defensive quality and the ability to be in position at the right time , even when they are behind by a decent margin they get back in the game.

DJDL

First Grade
The second half fade is in the team's DNA. I could fill a library with the number of times we've had a huge or decent half time lead and lost over the many years(hello Manly, Warriors)

Two disallowed tries followed by starting to open up had Warriors game written all over it.

carinashark

First Grade
This happens in other games as well. Ref’s and bunker teaming up to keep the result close. 6 again and then their offside against them and nothing happens , seriously it’s ignored by officials, ask the touchies ?
Bring back two referees ( Watch v Lindy’s arc up over that one) that would fix it.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Some key points
3 ball steals

Fatigued and broken. Jesse played with a ruptured syndo and was back in the boot after the game. Hynes' leg is still not 100% in my opinion. Ronnie has the dicky knee. Sione has a dicky knee.

Every team is the same. But whoever you are, play with injuries you tire easier and if the needle wears it's hard to 100 miles an hour.

Not an answer to the makeover man's, or woman's, question but it was identified yesterday.

Fatigued and broken. Jesse played with a ruptured syndo and was back in the boot after the game. Hynes' leg is still not 100% in my opinion. Ronnie has the dicky knee. Sione has a dicky knee.

Every team is the same. But whoever you are, play with injuries you tire easier and if the needle wears it's hard to 100 miles an hour.

Not an answer to the makeover man's, or woman's, question but it was identified yesterday.
Have a look in the Wont Back Down vid. Hynes has an ice pack right where the break was (I think, unless it was the other leg haha)

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Have a look in the Wont Back Down vid. Hynes has an ice pack right where the break was (I think, unless it was the other leg haha)
Probably meaning he's still getting inflammation. He was back pretty quickly from what was a complex injury. Syndo damage with fracture. Could have any amount of different hardware in it.

Would love to see the films. HAHA

Special K

Coach
Pretty fair, spot on assessment mate.

I think Talakai was battling to be actually play the game, which would explain his short stints, Hunts is sort of par for the course.
Ramien was most definitely nowhere near right to play and I daresay if it was a club round game he wouldn't have.
Sifa was given until the very end to prove his fitness to play. Definitely used sparingly and if was a club game wouldn't have played. Same with Raimen. You could see Fitz saying it was basically the same as last week for Jesse but obviously higher stakes so we rolled the dice.

carinashark

First Grade
Not good to be playing Penrith carrying so many problems. Maybe we should be going with DA, keep Nicho for 2025. Depressing But it Is what it is.

sladden road

Juniors

There are dicks in a knee?
WTF!!
Why have I only just known this ??

I kneed this.