What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ross Smart

Firstly I will never doubt that there were some jobs in the operations of our Football side that were surplus to the needs of the side, indeed I have been told many times that under Brian's Smiths time as a coach the number of staff was almost doubled.

Having said that, there are a number of clubs that have also taken up these positions in their football operation departments, following Parra’s lead.

I have no doubt there is fat to trim, and indeed we saw some of that in the last 7 months of the previous boards reign with Jarred "Gur" Anderson, "Aunty" Kay Fitzhenry and Grant Jones all given a redundancy, about 11 months ago.

I think Suity is looking at the longer term with this and is hoping that after last years, massive 9 million dollar loss, that the club will be once again in profit this year and that the club should do whatever it can to do that.

I think those financial statements will be very interesting.

For mine it will be interesting to see what the value of our properties are, if they have all risen, like most property values have in the last year then that will count as a profit. We suffered a 4 million dollar depreciation loss on those assets last year, so it won’t take much considering the large number of those investments to gain almost all of that back.

Former Director Foong spoke on this message board that the club in the first quarter had already made quarter of a million dollar profit. If that stayed constant over the next 3 quarters, and includes a boost that might have come from the governments stimulus package, then things will be looking good on a cash front.

Also the Football CEO has stated that the Grand Final appearance would have netted another 1 million dollars in sponsorships, so either in the last quarter or this quarter that will mean an increase in non core incomes or a decrease in expenditure on grants (Depending on how the deals are signed) all of which could see the leagues club in a profit.

If the leagues club makes a profit, of 5 million or more to cover the losses last year property losses (4 million in depreciation) then we will get back to the question, why has some of these staff been let go.

Andrew Hill I can understand, he was the CEO you have when you have a CEO that is busy with the leagues club, Some of the others in Marketing like Andrew Warburton and in Memberships, are a little harder to understand but could be linked to performance of such areas. But Media and communications, does worry me a great deal more. Unless they have someone who is going to step up part time over the summer, maybe someone returning from Maternity leave?

I think by the time the financial statements come out on the Leagues club side of things, Staggers “extra twist” will be all over.

born an eel

Bench
It has to be vacant a minimum of 3 months Stagger, after that time, the job can become available again and advertised as a position of vacancy to be filled
just like the job at Wenty. :sarcasm:

maybe they just want to surround themselves with like minded people, sounds familiar.

And we will need a media manager across the summer anyway as one of the first things will be Haynes re-signing. I would also expect a membership drive from around February, with the start of trials. The off season these days is fairly short.

fish eel

Immortal
just like the job at Wenty. :sarcasm:

maybe they just want to surround themselves with like minded people, sounds familiar.

And we will need a media manager across the summer anyway as one of the first things will be Haynes re-signing. I would also expect a membership drive from around February, with the start of trials. The off season these days is fairly short.

TBH coaching positions dont need to be advertised IMO.

There should be enough football knowledge and contacts in the club to know who is available and who makes a good fit. Whether right choices are made or not is another issue.

But yeah, media managers are pretty critical, particuarly nowdays in the 24 hour news cycle. I'm very interested to see what will happen....

fish eel

Immortal
Given there was talk of efficiencies in here, thought I should mention I received the membership brochure in the mail today with a cover note inviting me to come on board, even though I'm an existing STH who has renewed. Guess there's still a few chinks to be ironed out....

strider

Post Whore
Given there was talk of efficiencies in here, thought I should mention I received the membership brochure in the mail today with a cover note inviting me to come on board, even though I'm an existing STH who has renewed. Guess there's still a few chinks to be ironed out....
me too! :nwave:

Nikki

Coach
It smacks of 'get rid of Fitzy's appointments". I am surprised Steven Edge is still there, tbh...

I heard that he wasnt far from being punted as well.

I thought Rosco was the best person for the job since Trish Crews.. This is really got me worried to be honest. I am hoping we are not gunna head backwards here.

Jodeci

Bench
I think you will find that Keiran Morgan is gone as well.

Just looking at the Eels Web Site and noticed the following:

Physiotherapist: TBC

Also the 4 Development Trainee jobs are up for grabs for the 20's players.

I knew Albert Kelly and Jason Baiteri were two of them last year.

The Colonel

Immortal
I heard that he wasnt far from being punted as well.

I thought Rosco was the best person for the job since Trish Crews.. This is really got me worried to be honest. I am hoping we are not gunna head backwards here.

Trish was doing Events and Ticketing, but yes he has probably been one of the better people that were involved. Jodie Hawkins was also very good. Disappointing to have seen all three pass out the doors.....

The Colonel

Immortal
Pretty sure that Trish was doing Community Relations and Ticketing - she took over from Jamie (the fella with the pony tail).

DK was at the club for quite a while.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah trish was definitely in charge of community relations and i think mark Donkin did it before her.

Yeah I think that also means Vicki Locke as well, who was seen in the video Nathan Hindmarsh put on YouTube, about the Bruise on Burtys Back from the Kneeing incident.

Stagger eel

Staff member

I hear Kieran and Vicki were told that their services were no longer required in favour of the St Helens physio which DA himself recomended the club to.

Hellsy

Immortal
Vicki is definately not at the club. Not sure of circumstances behind her going but she is def gone

fish eel

Immortal
anyone?

1979_edge_1.jpg