What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rothfield

Sticking the boot into us again in the telegraph. According to this poor excuse for a journo ,Snowy went from being the best prop in the game to overrated when he announced he was leaving the sharks. I know we should ignore it but he and his paper are trying to incite a war between us and St George. It is one article after another on Beau Scott. Is it an overreaction by me or is a serious anti knight agenda forming here.?

Footin mouth

Juniors
Sticking the boot into us again in the telegraph. According to this poor excuse for a journo ,Snowy went from being the best prop in the game to overrated when he announced he was leaving the sharks. I know we should ignore it but he and his paper are trying to incite a war between us and St George. It is one article after another on Beau Scott. Is it an overreaction by me or is a serious anti knight agenda forming here.?

Newie I wouldn't worry about mate they are just trying to sell newspapers and trying to fire up the fans for the big game.

billy2

Juniors
We have to get used to being the villian in the sydney press. We have the best coach and all the money.
Luckily, we only have to read the Newcastle press, and we will always be the good guys in the Newcastle press.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Nope it's the same as it's always been. Nobody likes us when we're successful. The Queenslanders hate us because the last time NSW was dominant in Origin was largely achieved in part by the efforts of one Andrew Johns. You mention Joey up here in Brisbane and you'll cop it.

The fans of Sydney clubs (and hell even the general population and past labor NSW governments) prefer to look down on us as those grubby, lower class bogans from that smelly industrial city in the north who only deserve a small fraction of the mining profits we generate for the state.

Canberra fans on here generally hate us thanks to the concerted efforts of Skeepe and Raider_69. But who cares about them.

I shook my head the other day when I was reading through a thread on the main forum about what clubs you like/don't like and there was one wombat who said he used to like us when we were just battlers that struggled to put a successful team on the park. But now we've got Tinkler and Bennett he doesn't like us so much anymore. Well boo fricking hoo.

We're finally on a level playing field with the other clubs and their fans want to trash us for it. The Sydney media has never cared for us. Who was being talked up for the 1997 and 2001 NRL grand finals? That's right all the spotlight was on how awesome Manly and Parramatta were. We went quietly about our business and stuck it to them when it mattered.

We've always been underdogs, but that's what makes us NOVOCASTRIANS. I wouldn't have it any other way.

So here's what we should do for the next few years of prosperity: sit back, cop the flak, have a laugh, read about how awesome Benji is and then when the day comes and we lift up the NRL premiership trophy, we stick it to every hater who tried to bring us down.

I hear you SK. We have always been the Balboa of this comp. Now we are The Don Trump minus the tragic comb over. Rothfield actually lived here for a while. That s###s me most.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Nope it's the same as it's always been. Nobody likes us when we're successful. The Queenslanders hate us because the last time NSW was dominant in Origin was largely achieved in part by the efforts of one Andrew Johns. You mention Joey up here in Brisbane and you'll cop it.

The fans of Sydney clubs (and hell even the general population and past labor NSW governments) prefer to look down on us as those grubby, lower class bogans from that smelly industrial city in the north who only deserve a small fraction of the mining profits we generate for the state.

Canberra fans on here generally hate us thanks to the concerted efforts of Skeepe and Raider_69. But who cares about them.

I shook my head the other day when I was reading through a thread on the main forum about what clubs you like/don't like and there was one wombat who said he used to like us when we were just battlers that struggled to put a successful team on the park. But now we've got Tinkler and Bennett he doesn't like us so much anymore. Well boo fricking hoo.

We're finally on a level playing field with the other clubs and their fans want to trash us for it. The Sydney media has never cared for us. Who was being talked up for the 1997 and 2001 NRL grand finals? That's right all the spotlight was on how awesome Manly and Parramatta were. We went quietly about our business and stuck it to them when it mattered.

We've always been underdogs, but that's what makes us NOVOCASTRIANS. I wouldn't have it any other way.

So here's what we should do for the next few years of prosperity: sit back, cop the flak, have a laugh, read about how awesome Benji is and then when the day comes and we lift up the NRL premiership trophy, we stick it to every hater who tried to bring us down.

C'mon now, I'm sure there was a time pre-2007 when you cheered for South Sydney Rabbitohs against clubs with money & success.

And now they have money & succe.... Now that they have money you hate them.

Rod

Bench
The line that made me laugh from Rothfield was his first line of an article a couple of days ago, 'Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett continues to dismantle his former club with the signing of Beau Scott........'

Dismantle :lol:. Melodramatic much?

Frederick

Staff member
*awaits little sarah to write a letter to Wayne pleading with him to stop wrecking the Dragons*

Silent Knight

First Grade
C'mon now, I'm sure there was a time pre-2007 when you cheered for South Sydney Rabbitohs against clubs with money & success.

And now they have money & succe.... Now that they have money you hate them.

Nope. I've hated them long before Rusty ever showed up. I was on the hill at Marathon having a LOL@5(c)uff$ when my team ran riot over them and scored 60 unanswered points in 1999. I cheered when they got booted out of the comp. I laughed when I saw Sydney's toothless army marching down George Street.

My next door neighbour in Newy was a toothless Souffs fan (she actually did have missing teeth) who lived on the dole and played hippy music while doing SFA every day. One of my mates is a delusional Rabbletoh fan and every year since living memory he's come out during the pre-season and said "this year is our year, glory glory".

My contempt for Souffs has been brewing for a very long time. Only recently did I find an outlet for it here on LU.

Last edited:

Perth Knights

Juniors
I really struggle to decide who I despise more - Rothfield or Wiedler.

Agreed.

However, I don't know why we give Rothfield air play... the guy is a freckle puncher. For me, I would prefer to see this thread closed rather than wasting time reflecting on what Rothfield or anyone else says.

We are lucky to support such a great club ... Rothfield is just envious of what we now have and what we will achieve in the future.

I hope Bennett signs Gallen in 2014, for no other reason than to wind up Rothfield to the point he bursts a vessel. That said, in reality I hope Gal sees his career out with the Sharks

Last edited:

IanG

Coach
Rothfield. Sounds like a brand of cigarettes. I'll get a packet of Rothfield's

Don't know the Tele. You never know when you might run out of dunny paper

Belly007

Juniors
Where were these same people mid 1996 when Adam Muir signed for North Sydney for the 1998 season?? I personally dont like signing players this early, but if we dont, someone else will and we will be left with nothing

Hanscholo

Bench
The best thing everyone can do is just ignore Rothfield, he has no credibility as a journalist or as a footballer. So in essence he is just an opinionated fan and a not very well educated one at that. He is the kind of yobbo that you would over hear prattling on about something you know is total bullshit.

I dont read any of his articles or blogs. I just laugh to myself and move on.

Latest posts