What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2015 Team

I dunno. Cayless always pissed me off. I thought of him as a plodder. He was rated because he was a 'prodigy' meaning he grew up faster. Captaining the NZ team just added cache. He put in. He tried hard. But he was nothing special. Burt was actually good for a few years - and those years were in his mid to late twenties. Apart from that, his main claim to greatness was also being good when young.

I'd have a non-loser-tainted-prime Burt in the team anyday. Not sure I could say the same for Cayless.

You know I'm not gonna look 'em up. I was kinda hoping you had concrete proof that Cayless was better than a plodder. I just think they were dark times for us and Cayless was one of our few NRL quality players.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Cayless always made meters. Hard to say he was no good when he was consistently 110m+ per game with 25+ tackles. Had his flaws, and so needed to.be paired with a big bopper.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Most.
And Lussick isn't that great either.

Lussick looked like a wenty level prop last season, and much of the previous....

Mannah
Paulo

Those are our 2 NRL level props. Gower if he plays in the front row rotation.
then we need a young guy to step up OR Wicks/ Faaso to deliver.

Forty20

First Grade
Richie Has Spine For Fight

Good luck to Richie Fa'aoso in his comeback from a broken neck for the Eels this weekend.
I’ve been hearing Fa'aoso has been training sensationally at Parra over the summer and could have played weeks ago.

The problem has been finding a doctor willing to stick his neck out - pardon the pun - to clear him.
Wary of being sued, doctors are always erring on the side of caution these days and Fa'aoso had to prove he was 200 percent fit before being given the green light.

Clicky [Caution: The Lurker]

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
After a thorough examination performed by a Dr Frankenstein
the neck was approved to perform under the head and above
the torso of a Mr Richie Fa'aoso.

This is a photo of Dr Frankenstein's assistants
getting Mr Richie Fa'aoso's neck ready for examination.
It all looks legit to me.
We should see Richie playing this weekend.

vlcsnap-00004.jpg

And the neck going through the swings of its final examination.

nw6c6Vo.jpg

Dr Frankensteins media liaison.
Apparently its the equivalent of the Eels Larissa

young-frankenstein-gene01.jpg

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
M anly coach Geoff Toovey conceded the star centre might not be fit for their premiership opener on March 6 against Parramatta. "He has a sore knee, so it is a concern, but we are hoping it is nothing major," Toovey said.

"We will have to look at it tomorrow. He is confident but we will see."

Manly can ill afford the loss of Lyon with Tom Symonds (elbow), Steve Matai (shoulder), Brenton Lawrence (knee) and Jamie Buhrer (knee) also in doubt for round one.

"Steve Matai has had that operation and he may or may not be back - he will be close; Jamie Buhrer, too," Toovey said."I don't know if they will be ready."

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sy...s-in-jamie-lyons-absence-20150221-13l7t1.html

emjaycee

Coach
Less than 60 hours till BA names his team for round 1. Last chance to have a go at picking your 17.

1. Hoppa
2. Semi
3. Champion
4. Takarangi
5. Robinson
6. Norman
7. Sandow (c)
8. Mannah (c)
9. Peats
10. Junior
11. Ma'u
12. Tepai