What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2015 Team

Bigfella

Coach
I really don't understand the whole Taka on the bench thing.....

If he is fit he is one of our top 2 centre's.

And Morgan's game has really not come on.

He hasn't added to his reasonable running game... Defence is awful and not much use hitting the ball up .

I'd be pretty worried if we had to use him much. Having said that he's the obvious next pick, but that's just a sign that are weak in the position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I really don't understand the whole Taka on the bench thing.....

If he is fit he is one of our top 2 centre's.

Well I read in a season preview that Parra's top 17 has Takairangi on the bench. When I get home I'll provide a link if you like.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the point of the link is that, without it, the author could deny he ever said any of that bullshit and then sue you all for defamation. It wouldn't be the first time he's done that sort of thing and it won't be the last.

Joely01

Bench
And Morgan's game has really not come on.

He hasn't added to his reasonable running game... Defence is awful and not much use hitting the ball up .

I'd be pretty worried if we had to use him much. Having said that he's the obvious next pick, but that's just a sign that are weak in the position.

I reckon Folau would be pretty close to Morgan in the pecking order

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think Dockar-Clay may be an option later on in the year. Good spark out of dummy half and is able to play in the halves if need be.

I reckon Peats will be an 80-minute player out of dummy half though, so there's no need for a dummy half on the bench.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yes Taka a centre.He would be a 5/8th with little skill.Or a lock/second rower with no a lot of brut.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Dockar-Clay may be an option later on in the year. Good spark out of dummy half and is able to play in the halves if need be.

I reckon Peats will be an 80-minute player out of dummy half though, so there's no need for a dummy half on the bench.

De gois would be a better option thou.Crafty and smart. Will push peats although peats IMO is at another level.
De gois is very capable thou, and a few years back i thought was one of the best hookers running around.

emjaycee

Coach
De gois would be a better option thou.Crafty and smart. Will push peats although peats IMO is at another level.
De gois is very capable thou, and a few years back i thought was one of the best hookers running around.

Gus didn't think so or Penruff would have signed him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well they bought Kingston on a min contract who killed it, they than took segyaroo who is now top 5 hookers in game and got excellent value out of him.
Smart operators.Merrin thou? hmmm seems a lot for him but they know what they need.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well they bought Kingston on a min contract who killed it, they than took segyaroo who is now top 5 hookers in game and got excellent value out of him.
Smart operators.Merrin thou? hmmm seems a lot for him but they know what they need.

That's a huge wrap on Segeyaro - I'm not sure I'd call a bloke who struggles to play 80 minutes every week a top 5 hooker.